'eternal sunshine' leaves the BB200 Top 10 after 6 weeks - Does the US want R&Biana?

Feanor

album is doing fine, but yea i wanted full r&b.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• Avenger

• Communion

• Tm4074

Top Posters In This Topic

the sound is nice but there's not enough meat to it. even a track like Supernatural which is technically a bop doesn't hit like album tracks from her previous eras. they showed too much restraint.

• Like 2

not everything has to surround only US. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Those users saying the album is forgotten conveniently seem to forget there are hundreds of other countries outside of the U.S, lol. The BB 200 has a few local albums performing better but those albums have no or minimal presence globally. If ES is forgotten every other album besides TTPD is also forgotten as well going by that logic. It's doing great globally and pushing a couple of the r&b/hip-hop influenced songs as singles in the U.S. will definitely help its overall chart performance there.

ooop ES don't end them like that

I think the Billboard 200 is a just an inaccurate representation of the most popular albums nowadays compared to 10-15 years ago. They revise the rules every 6 months. Also because ES is top 3 on AM Worldwide, top 2 on Global Spotify, to me that's just more important? :michael:

If a random song can go top 20 on the Hot 100 with 40M radio and only 3M weekly streams, why should I really take the Billboard 200 seriously either? :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 2

i think the songs are good, except for maybe 1-2 tracks but it doesn't work as a body of work, at least for me.

I LOVE wcbf but I don't ever feel like listening to it.

• Like 1

Not surprised tbh, Tommy really won in the end, cause these Max efforts are so washed and uninteresting. Both Positions and Tun had endlessly more replay value

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

People pretending this isn't her most critically acclaimed album and considered her most sophisticated work to date by fans. :rip:

It kills this woman's second fanbase that she is genuinely happy despite their efforts to somehow maul and degrade her for her body, her looks, her personal life, her artistry (how quickly writing credit discussions ended when she has more solo written songs on this album than other recent pop girl releases).

It's even worse when done by stans of people who no one denies are bigger. Imagine one's fave selling literally over 2M in a week and yet you're still so unsatisfied that you're still trying to dishonestly frame the performance of an album by a pop star you resent cause she was on par with Taylor for like 5 months in 2019. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 9

She needs to promo, and release a new single asap.

I know promotion nowadays is limited but damn, pop girls barely do any these days...

it's performing almost on par with Positions sales wise in the US, but that album had half the competition ES has had this past few weeks

Ari's take on pop with sunshine isn't meant to make everyone feel comfortable in that respect.

She's very much done a witness-style euro route, forgoing her AM US success for a more 'gold cert in austria/denmark' pop sound. Sure, the results may seem lacklustre for now but it will show boldness in the bigger picture.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Even if it spent one week in the top 10 it's still one of my fave Ari albums 

house/dance + edm Ari is the best imo :heart2:

The album is good but doesn't really push any boundaries for Ari and for that reason I kinda forget it exists in the sea of releases this year. 

I'm sure it'll be looked upon fondly in retrospect but the reality is it's just not something to keep coming back to, and if you listen to one song you've kind of got the taste of the album you were looking for.

honestly i think there's a lot of competition rn, after she released there were like 4 other albums released that smashed

She should release the 3rd single by now.

what is she doing? :rip:

We care just as much as she does…. :coffee2:

There should've been more True Stories on it

It's doing okay, but she picked a rough ass time to release her comeback (with minimal promo too) with all the releases.

Within 6 months of her dropping Eternal Sunshine, we'll get/have had: Kacey, Beyonce, Taylor, Camila, Normani, Billie, Dua, Charli, Lana releasing too.

Thats crowded AF, and that's just counting the women. And yes I know some of those are flops, but they still usually peak high for a week or two and/or take up some of the breathing room in pop culture spaces to allow for people to really associate Eternal Sunshine as a defining album of 2024

• Like 3

edit: double posted my previous reply

Edited by lustforyou

It could be doing better but there's been several album bombs since its release and there's a few other high profile artists releasing; it was the #1 most streamed album on Spotify until Tay released TTPD and is still top 10 on AM with its current single in the top 10 of global Spotify. Context matters 

1 hour ago, Twizzy said:

I think the Billboard 200 is a just an inaccurate representation of the most popular albums nowadays compared to 10-15 years ago. They revise the rules every 6 months. Also because ES is top 3 on AM Worldwide, top 2 on Global Spotify, to me that's just more important? :michael:

If a random song can go top 20 on the Hot 100 with 40M radio and only 3M weekly streams, why should I really take the Billboard 200 seriously either? :deadbanana2:

This. That Jack Harlow song clinging to the top 10 or the sea of Khias that have been nabbing "hits" this year is evidence of that 

• Thanks 1

Not surprised it's nowhere near as good as positions 

I think she's doing great, it's just that the competitions are massive right now. It's Ariana vs the giants a.k.a Taylor, Morgan and Beyoncé. Plus all those rappers releasing quick little albums monthly. 

Main  cover art isn't great so not many people are   buying the vinyl which is hurt it's positon

Who cares about what the us wants 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.