• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watson!

• PoisonedIvy

• Blue Rose

• Rep2000

5 hours ago, Rv1709 said:

Music is competition. Sabrina and her team can also compete for it 

She doesn't have the fanbase Taylor does so doing something like releasing physical singles isn't going to work for her.

Why would Taylor want to sabotage Sabrina when she literally made her the opening act of the biggest tour of all time?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BryceG said:

You can tell the OP is braindead, because Taylor and Sabrina... Wait for it... Have the same UK label.

22 hours ago, ohjulia said:

Why on earth would a label push back a release just for the benefit of another artist that's not part of their label? Some people expect Taylor to be a benevolent deity when she's an artist and it's in the business of making $$$ through her music. No label would push back a release to benefit a competing 

So what is the truth? :lmao:

---------

Anyway that has nothing to do with Sabrina. She did it with Drake, Rihanna, SZA etc. It's not about those artists, she doesn't care about them. She just wants to be #1 and competes for it. 

• Thanks 2

Where is the sabotage?

Also people calling out Taylor for doing this when Sabrina team/her would do the same like be real? 

People acting like Espresso is rising organically and won't hit 1 next week or the week after like what?

49 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

Why would Taylor want to sabotage Sabrina when she literally made her the opening act of the biggest tour of all time?

People want the girls to fight. 

• Like 2

Taylor has always shown her competitiveness tho

Plus, if Expresso hits #1 despite this, it would make her success even more impressive :clap3:

LOLLLLLL

On 4/30/2024 at 1:47 PM, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Y'all are unbearable. Taylor is doing her job. Artists shouldn't just stop competing because their friend is charting, too. What a ridiculous standard that you'd never hold your faves to. Besides, the platform she's given Sabrina is why she's competing in the first place. They obviously have a great relationship and Sabrina is very grateful to Taylor. Stop manufacturing drama. 

You know, had this been TTPD's release week and "Espresso" was challenging "Fortnight" for the #1 spot, I could understand the competition argument. But "Fortnight" already hit #1 in the UK. Already added to Taylor's tally, cannot be taken away from her. Meanwhile, Sabrina is looking to get her first ever chart-topper in any of the major markets, while Taylor's push would only extend "Fortnight" 's run to a second week. It's not like she's close to breaking record either (like Lil Nas X did with "Old Town Road"). This is just a weird and bad look, especially because there has been a precedent of similar shady tactics from Taylor before (see the infamous push to get "Fearless" TV back to #1 to block Olivia Rodrigo's "SOUR" from getting a second week on top on the Billboard 200, plus the examples below).

On 4/30/2024 at 1:55 PM, storminthedark said:

People acting like Taylor is above doing this when she did something similar when SOS was predicted to be #1 

YES! This one was particularly embarrassing because it involved those 'limited' digital purchases including 'exclusive' commentary on the tracks (four variants featuring one commentary for one selected song each), only for the clips to be taken from an interview that was already available on YouTube :doc:

And she's done this other times too. Remember the infamous "Anti-Hero" remixes marketed separately as individual releases on her website? One batch was strategically released to block Rihanna's anticipated comeback "Lift Me Up" from #1, while the other batch was released to block Drake and 21 Savage's "Rich Flex". "Anti-Hero" had already debuted at #1, and it was genuinely, organically resonating with the general public, so it's likely she wouldn't have even needed these antics, especially against "Lift Me Up" which ended up being quite front-loaded. But she still did it anyway, because just the prospect of having another artist potentially sharing the spotlight still threatened her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's only week #2 and Fortnight is struggling to maintain its #1 position. I'm surprised Sabrina is challenging her for that #1 actually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

It's only week #2 and Fortnight is struggling to maintain its #1 position. I'm surprised Sabrina is challenging her for that #1 actually. 

I don't think it's struggling, it's just Espresso is so much stronger than other songs in previous months/years. It's still doing really well, Espresso's just a shaping monster smash.

I do understand the frustration for other fans but it's not like Taylor controls everything - this could have been planned before the era by her team. It's unfortunate timing for Sabrina but she wills till get the #1 next week. People need to calm down.

And I'm rooting for Sabrina too.

9 hours ago, Rv1709 said:

Music is competition.

No it's not, but it's telling that you think it is

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

No it's not, but it's telling that you think it is

Ding ding. Art is not a race or a competition. It's about self expression and connection. People that view it as a competition are just obsessed with external validation.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, BnPac said:

So what is the truth? :lmao:

---------

Anyway that has nothing to do with Sabrina. She did it with Drake, Rihanna, SZA etc. It's not about those artists, she doesn't care about them. She just wants to be #1 and competes for it. 

From my understanding Sabrina is with Island Records and Hollywood Records as labels and she has a publishing agreement with UMG, and Taylor is with Republic as her label and has publishing rights with UMG.

4 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

I don't think it's struggling, it's just Espresso is so much stronger than other songs in previous months/years. It's still doing really well, Espresso's just a shaping monster smash.

I do understand the frustration for other fans but it's not like Taylor controls everything - this could have been planned before the era by her team. It's unfortunate timing for Sabrina but she wills till get the #1 next week. People need to calm down.

And I'm rooting for Sabrina too.

No she wouldnt have released it to be honest if the song was a hit like anti hero but sadly fortnight is quite midtemp and not an instant smash. It seems its not connecting in the UK but she doesnt want to be embarrased of only having 1 week at number 1.

Wednesday UK Midweek

1 Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (44,893)
2 Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone - Fortnight (38,386)
3 Hozier - Too Sweet (36,007)
4 Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (27,997)
5 Artemas - i like the way you kiss me (26,222)

Looks like Sabrina will be snatching the #1 this week.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

We all know Espresso will be a massive summer hit with or without a #1 peak anyway. I believe it will be bigger than fortnight or any potential TTPD single because it's super GP friendly and just a good catchy song so like it's peak position on one chart is irrelevant. You guys just want any excuse to trash Taylor

Edited by M!X
  • Like 2

Espresso was removed from TikTok. Why are all umg represented artists/songs being removed except Taylor's? 

13 hours ago, Rv1709 said:

Music is competition. Sabrina and her team can also compete for it 

Embarrasing 

What Kathy Perry said :gaynetcat4:

51 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Espresso was removed from TikTok. Why are all umg represented artists/songs being removed except Taylor's? 

j849e3o.gif

it kinda shocks me how people are surprised at something like this

releasing physicals when you are fighting for a #1 spot or to extend the #1 is the most common thing ever :skull:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Yes down to #3 on Spotify already 

42 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

it kinda shocks me how people are surprised at something like this

releasing physicals when you are fighting for a #1 spot or to extend the #1 is the most common thing ever :skull:

Only UK or desperate acts seem to do it, like Ed Sheeran, then the signed copies comes. 

2 hours ago, Fleahive said:

****!

On 4/30/2024 at 7:16 PM, rihannafan said:

The swifties are always calling other people obsessed and miserable. I would think these are compliments coming from them considering they stan the most obsessed and miserable person out there.

and calling them out for being "depressed" and for their "illness" (both from this thread, and many more i didn't remember) and yet they are the ones whose replies sound aggressive. it just tells a lot about them, just like their faves chart obsession tells a lot about her

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.