6 months later, what your honest thoughts on "Houdini"?

leyaris11

Didn't realize it's been that long and I totally forgot her album is coming on Friday. She fumbled the bag so hard. It's a decent pop song.

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• Raphy23

• Aethereal

• BryceG

should have been her first multi-week #1 on Hot 100 :bird:

• Like 1

Very overrated. She played it up to be this amazing thing and it really fell flat, especially the video. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The extended version is one of Dua's strongest singles to date. It's catchy, it's well produced, it's different sonically speaking from FN

Houdini, Training Season and Illusion are strong singles and all had hit single potential and I am happy she didn't release remixes with random ass rappers this time around to score a hit. 

• Like 2

I had already forgotten about it, but

Its a mindless fun little pop song. Nothing more, nothing less.

Houdini is a mega bop and ended all of my flop faves, lemme stream again

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BryceG said:

Let me help you out:

yes and ? :rip:

• Haha 2

I forgot what it sounds like, I haven't heard it in 6 months

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Issa bop and a half. The girlies without the range just wouldn't get it :michael:

Posted (edited)

A good song but like many have said, sounds nearly the same as something that could've been on FN.

She really should've lead with a completely different single tbh. The song was good enough to be on the album but not distinguishable enough to be differentiated from FN and NOW. If anything the Music Video could've been soooo much better. I saw the vision but lacked a LOT of culture. Was incredibly Vanilla.

Edited by cuteboyzay
  • Like 1

Her best song 

its 6 months old already :eek:  I like it at first but it got boring I like her latest one better tbh.  But none of her songs have hit the same as Last Dance & Break My Heart

Its a bop but not thr smash she needed to start the era of her third album. Neither was the other two. 

Def shouldn't be a lead, but it's a solid pop record some of your faves wish they had. One of her best, and one of my faves of her.

• Like 1

The best song off RO 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

It's a fantastic song that deserved so much more than it got.  I hate that they just chucked it out and then began the Oscar campaign for Dance the Night :jonny: 

• Like 2

its for sure a grower, but it once it sticks, it sticks.

i do agree the final third of the song is the best but i love the little psychedelic influences and the guitar throughout the song

• Like 2

it grew on me a lot, massive bop

Should've kept it to release it with the album at once. It's her highest quality from the 3 singles she released so far.

not first lead single material, love again last placement ala tour single it is. for song itself, good production, one of the worst chorus in pop music in a long time.

An incredible song that found its way onto a confused album

Decent song. All the three singles were the best songs on the albums, so Houdini being the biggest of all means it was the right choice.

Such a great pop song, very infectious and perhaps one of her most interesting in recent years, great direction she took, although it didn't pay off.

A bop and one of her best songs

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.