• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• fridayteenage

• Cruel Summer

• Raspberries

20 minutes ago, Squall said:

Your obsession with her is scary af, go outside :ahh:

He's crazy, still thinking Houdini is the biggest hit of last year and her other 2 singles are hits! and never flopped so hard... yeah...

He lost any touch with reality, leave it. :ahh:

• Haha 4

Almost 2 million in pure sales, this is insane :deadbanana:

40 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

All those tricks, scams, and variants to inflate her numbers (like always) and it still couldn't beat the ORGANIC interest and sales by Adele's 25. And you know they were trying!

Oop!

Despite everything, the payola, the variants, the 2nd album, still didn't beat Adele. Talent WINNING we love to see it.

This wasn't necessary...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

She knows her lane. If we were to put you in the hot seat.... Beauty, talent and numbers how would u fare? 

Baby I know I can't sing, but maybe if my daddy paid for a record label to sign me, I might make it too :thing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

16 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

She knows her lane. If we were to put you in the hot seat.... Beauty, talent and numbers how would u fare? 

Baby I know I can't sing, but maybe if my daddy paid for a record label to sign me, I might make it too :thing:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Ooh I really hit a nerve with that one huh. Got the rabid CULT base out in full-force now :gaycat5:

Swifities gotta gaslight into thinking numbers and sales make her the best since the talent (bar songwriting) isn't there to do it!

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

Throwback to Forbes' tweet from 2021. :dies:

• Haha 11

11 minutes ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

Talking about not being able to sing and getting a record label when

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

The OTHs haters fuming already :bibliahh:

Keep making them SEETHE queen, drop Rep TV in September and lock that Too 3 YEC:jonnycat:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

All those tricks, scams, and variants to inflate her numbers (like always) and it still couldn't beat the ORGANIC interest and sales by Adele's 25. And you know they were trying!

Oop!

Despite everything, the payola, the variants, the 2nd album, still didn't beat Adele. Talent WINNING we love to see it.

Why don't you compare it with Adele's most recent album? :sistrens:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

But I heard the album wasn't liked?

Didn't it get 2 million from people that didn't even hear anything from the album? 

This type of posts make no sense. First week hype=/=quality 

Edited by Digitalism
  • Thumbs Down 5

What a joy to live in this era and witness The Music Industry doing Music Industry things :heart:

45 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Talking about not being able to sing and getting a record label when

And she did all that without having to have her daddy pay for her career :thing: as a woman of color. 

imagine if Taylor wasn't white and if her daddy had no money, she'd be cashiering at Piggly Wiggly reading poems at her local Starbucks :thing:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

5 minutes ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

And she did all that without having to have her daddy pay for her career :thing: as a woman of color. 

imagine if Taylor wasn't white and if her daddy had no money, she'd be cashiering at Piggly Wiggly reading poems at her local Starbucks :thing:

Only one of the girls involved was playing multiple instruments and writing her own songs. You know, since she was actually signed as a songwriter before she could get into a PG-13 movie :dies: 

The other plays 0 instruments to this day, does not write songs and was butchering songs and still somehow ended up with a record deal. Wonder why :sistrens: 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

She's just on another level:msmarvel:

1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

Ooh I really hit a nerve with that one huh. Got the rabid CULT base out in full-force now :gaycat5:

Swifities gotta gaslight into thinking numbers and sales make her the best since the talent (bar songwriting) isn't there to do it!

That 2.6M hit enough of a nerve for you to run into a thread broken heel and all to comment on an artist you don't like. Hold onto Adele's record and a few negative reviews Jack Dawson, a life boat will surely save you soon:dies::toofunny3:

• Haha 11

People even attempting to try and disparage these numbers is sending me :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I would be mad too if my fave couldn't do it :jonnycat:

Best selling weeks of the decade in the US so far (units)

The Tortured Poets Department

Taylor Swift

1989 (Taylor's Version)

Taylor Swift

Midnights

Taylor Swift

Folklore

Taylor Swift

Adele

Speak Now (Taylor's Version)

Taylor Swift

Certified Lover Boy

Drake

Red (Taylor's Version)

Taylor Swift

Harry's House

Harry Styles

One Thing at a Time

Morgan Wallen

:skull: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Absolutely insane. Congrats to The Music Industry :clap3: 

3 hours ago, NEX said:

It's crazy how we are in the streaming age and this absolutely smashed the streaming record, but only netted her 600-700k towards the first week number. I think this is the main reason why she hasn't broken the all time record. If we were in the digital age and she was this huge, she would have surely sold at least a couple million of digital downloads. Or if this was the turn of millenium she would have sold an unbelievable amount of CDs. Her pure album sales number, given the streaming age, is absolutely insane 

Not all (or even most tbh) of those streams would've converted to sales, but yeah, this is an achievement on par with 25 imo.

• Like 1