Final Preds (5/11): "Fortnight" #1(2x) 15% lead, Richman #2, Shaboozey #3, Sabrina #4

Ger

Anyway congratulations to Sabrina, I can see it becoming the longest blocked-at-#2 song in hot100 history. 

Edited by Kitboga

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• pride4jc1222

• Sweetestsecret

• Kitboga

44 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

So espresso is doing worse than 10 album tracks on AM, even 8 days since their releases, but is all the way at #2 on a different platform? 

do you not see the discrepancies and the contradiction in your own words? It's almost like one placement is boosted by a special service offered on a platforms, the other one is where it would've been organically without it. 

A pop song is doing well on apple music. Yeah this is amazing and proves that people actually listening and streaming the song , it's not successful only on Spotify cause of payola.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naval23 said:

Hopefully Espresso can take it. We all said the same about greedy and it got stuck at #3

Greedy should be #2 only behind Lovin On Me if it wasn't Xmas song back then :skull:

after new year Taylor back at #2, blocking Greedy from a #2 peak :rip:

4 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

A pop song is doing well on apple music. Yeah this is amazing and proves that people actually listening and streaming the song , it's not successful only on Spotify cause of payola.

Are you dense or something?

That pop song is at #27 on US AM, behind 16 or so other pop songs, all of which are album-tracks, and have been up there for 8 days now. 

How does that translate into #2 on Spotify without shenanigans? 

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. 

• Confused 1

I never thought I'd see the day Sabrina was smashing like this. I've been loving her music since probably 2019 so I hope she continues smashing. 

Fortnight the colossal smash that you are…

• Like 3

SHABOOZEY :clap3:

SABRINA :clap3:

Edited by ariesgroove
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitboga said:

So espresso is doing worse than 10 album tracks on AM, even 8 days since their releases, but is all the way at #2 on a different platform? 

do you not see the discrepancies and the contradiction in your own words? It's almost like one placement is boosted by a special service offered on a platforms, the other one is where it would've been organically without it. 

Spotify has more users.

38 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

Spotify has more users.

You're not even understanding the issue here, nor does your answer addressed the question at hand in any way shape or form. 

let me reiterate: the question is: how is espresso's #2 placement not propelled  by some kind of special Spotify-only feature, since espresso is lower than 15 album-tracks on Apple Music, and N/A on Amazon music? 

you can't say it wasn't getting a huge boost on spotify specifically looking at the discrepancies. 

"Loml" has 1.4M streams on US Spotify and is at 16th or so on both AM and Spotify. That's a placement without any discrepancies from platform to platform: 

espesso therefore should be around 1.4M on US Spotify as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Espresso smashing :clap3:

An Eras tour headliner, opener 1-2 punch :clap3:

• Like 1

Espresso :clap3:. No gimmicks or controversy needed , just organic success :clap3:

• Confused 1

Ariana already out of the top 10?? But I thought it was the smash of 2024 :confused:

• Thumbs Down 1

No dua single in the top 40 and album is due next week :deadbanana2:

Lets see what payola tricks they're gonna pull out of their hat for the album release :gaycat6:

Taylor needs to MOVE 

Sabrina deserves that number 1 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kitboga said:

Are you dense or something?

That pop song is at #27 on US AM, behind 16 or so other pop songs, all of which are album-tracks, and have been up there for 8 days now. 

How does that translate into #2 on Spotify without shenanigans? 

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. 

The other pop songs are from Taylor swift the most successful artist right now but Espresso also doing high numbers on apple music.Espresso is doing great. You are jealous. It's sad but true. Bye hater!

Edited by Sweetestsecret
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

The other pop songs are from Taylor swift the most successful artist right now but Espresso also doing high numbers on apple music.Espresso is doing great. You are jealous. It's sad but true. Bye hater!

One second taylor is thee music industry and it's the biggest album release since 25 (which it is) and now she's "just 10 pop album tracks after 8 days" 

They need to pick a side. 

Pop songs ALWAYS do worse on am than on spotify. The actual anomaly is taylor 

Sabrina is getting closer to Fortnight on Spotify 

– 

Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)

Taylor Swift, Post Malone

2 – 

Espresso

Sabrina Carpenter

3,020,603More

Fortnight fell from 4 million to 3.3 million so maybe Espresso could be a future #1 after all when airplay is higher

Yeah I hope Sabrina manages to go #1 at some point, she deserves it and seeing a swiftie winning would be cool :clap3:

• Like 1

Fortnight dropped from #1 on Apple Music :eek:

I wonder if Million Dollar Baby can debut Top 10 (#7 Spotify comb., #3 AM, #13 iTunes)

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Fortnight dropped from #1 on Apple Music :eek:

And Espresso will soon take over #1 from Fortnight on Spotify 

17 hours ago, Kitboga said:

You do realize Apple Music and Spotify often have songs at different positions. Apple Music also often favors rap and hip-hop, over pop music like Spotify. Which the different audiences  have impact on play listing also being different on both platforms.

Look at the song i like the way you kiss me for example. #13 on Spotify and #64 on Apple Music. The audience among the 2 apps is just different lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, extra_ordinary said:

And Espresso will soon take over #1 from Fortnight on Spotify 

Yeah that was always expected.

The discussion here was funny. It's cleary benefitting some from autoplay, but nothing crazy. 

And #10 on Apple Music without Taylor is very good and also not enough to get into Hot 100 #1 discussion

18 hours ago, Kitboga said:

You're not even understanding the issue here, nor does your answer addressed the question at hand in any way shape or form. 

let me reiterate: the question is: how is espresso's #2 placement not propelled  by some kind of special Spotify-only feature, since espresso is lower than 15 album-tracks on Apple Music, and N/A on Amazon music? 

you can't say it wasn't getting a huge boost on spotify specifically looking at the discrepancies. 

"Loml" has 1.4M streams on US Spotify and is at 16th or so on both AM and Spotify. That's a placement without any discrepancies from platform to platform: 

espesso therefore should be around 1.4M on US Spotify as well. 

Do Spotify and Apple Music charts always line up 1:1? 

What's your sample size? How long have you been observing this data? Does Espresso represent the biggest discrepancy of all time? Top 5? What?

• Haha 1

there have been apple #1s that missed the Spotify chart altogether, at least initially.

I guess most of you forgot about 2020/2021 when we had actual fraud. Like the forgotten, mass bought #1's or when Life is Good suddenly dropped over 90% in streams one week on YouTube after being #1 on the platform for an entire year.