• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny Jacobs

• supertiffany

• MissedTheTrain

• PoisonedIvy

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing more organic about success than your fanbase buying your album. I'm not a fan of either of theirs recent output but it's certainly impressive. You can come for either of them for their personal choices and musical decisions but the success is kind of unclockable.

• Like 3

Tough question 

Maybe it's the one who doesn't release a variant for each day of the month

Hello Its Me Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Adele

• Like 4

I'm tired of ppl trying to compare them, it's insulting to Adele.

• Thanks 7

Adele, in order to sell that much in pure sales you need to have an organic interest in your music.

The Adele "stans" waking up again after staying dormant since 2021. But this time no new music

:clack:

• Haha 14
  • Confused 2

Taylor is organically living in OTHs head RENT FREE, I mean look at you! so her!

• Haha 1

Adele obviously.

No disrespect to Adele, but… she's just some random girl from Tottenham singing ballads. It's wild that she became what she became. You would never expect her of all people to break album sales records previously held by boy bands and teen idols which have hoards of loyal and adoring fans. Adele is the definition of organic.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Thanks 8

Adele. She did not scam people and release music just for numbers.

• Like 4

Hard to choose.

But I'm gonna go with the one who had three 1M+ selling weeks off an album. That is more organic to me.

• Like 1

One look at an era tour date is all you need to know. Thousand of people in all shape and sizes in a frenzy over her. Spotify playing her music, Apple at her feet, the hot 100 and the 200 submitting to her might that girl has been debuting with 1M + debut since Speak Now. 

How is that not organic? If stuff like that could be fabricated everyones fave would be doing that. No stanning is necessary but there's no need to be stupid lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

. Thousand of people in all shape and sizes in a frenzy over her.

Lmfao :rip: looks pretty homogenous to me. It's mostly white woman and little white girls.

20230623-PR-IMG1.jpg

07182023_Taylor_Swift_Fans-07062023-TNS_

IPV2ODY2V34JT4EMDVKH4S2TFQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

Obviously Adele as her success is relied on the GP and not a cult-like fanbase of obsessed white women. She's the prime definition of organic, especially 21 which it had a good/decent debut and then went to became one of the biggest albums of all time, simply because people liked it.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well both. Both of them grew organically before they became commercial juggernauts. But Taylor did receive attention early on in her career from dating more famous celebrities and the discussions around her songs about them whereas Adele just exploded for her music solely without any big push. 

38 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

The Adele "stans" waking up again after staying dormant since 2021. But this time no new music

:clack:

Better no new music than crappy, panned, lyrically dense, dentist office music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

You can't manufacture that kind of longevity without organic GP support. 

We all know it's Adele because her success is more unintentional 

But these threads vilifying Taylor for caring about her craft and pushing it strategically are getting tired

It's 2 different sides and ways to approach your career and no one is doing anything wrong here

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

Adele BY FAR.

No scams or endless "exclusive" editions or scam siged copies that come unsigned needed for her sales or succes! :bird:

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Tough question 

Maybe it's the one who doesn't release a variant for each day of the month

Hello Its Me Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I still don't get these comments...there are 5 variants of TTPD, which is less than the majority of other popular female artists.  Adele had 3 variants of 30, which isn't much less.

• Thanks 3

You don't sell 50 million pure albums with the 2 biggest albums of 2010s without being organic

Didn't know they were edible.

• Haha 3

Obviously Adele considering the fact that she managed to sell over 50 million pure albums in the 2010s

36 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

I still don't get these comments...there are 5 variants of TTPD, which is less than the majority of other popular female artists.  Adele had 3 variants of 30, which isn't much less.

this is false.

30 had only 1, the other is only a store exclusive.

she doesnt have signed albums too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.