For the non-swifties - what would you want for Taylor Swift's 12th studio album?

Timeless

Well it's certainly no secret that The Tortured Poets Department is a divisive album - many people either love it or hate it. I've seen more non-swifties on ATRL hating on the album and wishing it had been different. 

So my question for the non-swifties, what would you like to see for Taylor Swift's 12th studio album that would make you change your mind/opinion of her?
And don't say stupid answers like "she should retire" or "nothing" otherwise I'll report you idgaf :ryan3:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dante Silva

• Solaria

• Klein

• Strawberry Bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

Collab album w/ Kanye

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

No Jack no Aaron no melodicless empty songs no comforming no being safe no songs about Kim no songs about Joe, Travis or Matty. No lyrics about her life and her emotions no vulnerability no relatibility no mediocrity no lyrics about how shes masturbating while lying in bed with Joe thinking about Matty.

What we do want:

Her Confessions / Dance album. It's TIME.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I Want country

I want something like Madonna's Music where she can incorporate her acoustic side with some synthier bops. For the love of god, abandon Jack... not because I don't like his production but because it's clear he's a yes man. Work with someone like a Dan Niigro or Danny L Harle who can bring out the weird but not fully out there. 

And for the love of god, most importantly, hire a co-writer to help with the melodies and verbiage. Overstuffing sentences with thesaurus ramblings is not "poetry" nor is it good (the way this sentence literally could have been a TTPD lyric). The talk-singing going up and down the same 3 note vocal arpeggios is bad and lazy. Ballads are fine but the emotion is lost when every line is so "woe is me". There's power in being subtle.

Take a good 3 year break for now...

Edited by Hex
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

so you just don't want a Taylor Swift album :rip:

duahoudinigif3.thumb.gif.14f021fe804119f11296334c7f5393a5.gif

Exactly!

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Solaria said:

No Jack no Aaron no melodicless empty songs no comforming no being safe no songs about Kim no songs about Joe, Travis or Matty. No lyrics about her life and her emotions no vulnerability no relatibility no mediocrity no lyrics about how shes masturbating while lying in bed with Joe thinking about Matty.

What we do want:

Her Confessions / Dance album. It's TIME.

The closest you'll ever get to a pop album devoid of personality from Taylor is (I seriously hope) 1989. 

• Like 6

a rock influenced album, Reputation pt. II, another folk album....something besides Midpop...

• Like 2

Good question. I'd say something like Madonna did with Music tbh or a Pop-rock album

Edited by Princess Aurora

Something new for her, maybe dance, disco, confessions type… or maybe more rocky electric guitar sound. Enough of this acoustic mess. I hope TTPD is so long because its like the end of that era for her. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Klein said:

The closest you'll ever get to a pop album devoid of personality from Taylor is (I seriously hope) 1989. 

And that's why it's her best!

• Like 1

The world can do just fine without another Taylor Swift album. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Solaria said:

And that's why it's her best!

Her most successful maybe but that's about it. 

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

1989 devoid of personality? :huh:

• Like 1

Retirement

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I don't think she'll give it, but basically for her sound to evolve like we saw with countless other pop stars before her. 

I think that's what made Folklore so exciting. It was such a natural evolution of her sound, yet tastefully subversive to her discography.

If she would have gone all in on the synthpop for TTPD and committed to the vision, it might have slayed. But it was giving cold feet. 

Just now, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

1989 devoid of personality? :huh:

"The closest" being the key words. I don't think 1989 is devoid of personality, but it has the less of all her pop albums. 

SEX/DANCE/COUNTRY/ROCK bops!!!! Controversial LYRICS!!!! No more talk-singing, less lower registers/falsettos, more higher register/BELTING (don't blame ME!s) Different chord progressions!!!! Different producers like ilya/Elvira/FINNEAS/Dan!!!!

A late 2027 release!!!

Edited by wsurferwayne

A dance album. 

My personal favorite Taylor eras are 1989 and "Folkmore". I think Midnights was her attempt at re-creating 1989, and let's just say it paled in comparison. Trying to fuse both of them with this new album lead to tragic results. If she went back to Folkmore maybe it would feel redundant, or the same would happen.

Maybe pivot again? I find Swifties very delusional when they say she should go stadium-rock or whatever, considering her minimal vocal range, but I think a soft-rock sound reminiscent of some of her earlier stuff, like State Of Grace (one of my favorite Taylor songs), could work. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

Her most successful maybe but that's about it. 

Her most succesful = her best though?

We need her in a studio with Arca, A. G. Cook, Easyfun, Danny L Harle, and lock it so Jack Antonoff cant get in

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.