Will Adele's "25" debut week of 3.4M+ ever be topped?

naval23

Which one?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adele's 25 debut ever be topped?

• Yes - one day it will, never say never
    • No - truly a once in a lifetime event, you had to be there

If anyone can is Taylor since she's gonna be "close" this time but out of her, I don't see anyone doing it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• Shelter

• Enrique523

• JO1s

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought taylor had a chance at pulling it off with those variants of half of the album with exclusive bonus tracks bc on theory if like 500k of her fans bought each of those versions, that would equal to 2 million sold so it seemed possible but she still came 900k short.

so yeah it's pretty much impossible at this point. i think we would need another 21 type of phenomenon to happen to an artist and then MAYBE its follow up would have a chance at topping that record but it just seems highly unlikely. everyone was dying to get a copy of 25 before it got sold out. i don't see a release making everyone act like that ever again. 

maybe with extremely long/double/triple albums. multiple vinyls, covers, etc. 

But no if we're talking fair and authentically

Edited by whiteferrari

No it probably won't and that's ok. Longevity is ultimately more important than massive peaks.

25 is a great album though, i still listen to it pretty often. River Lea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 hours ago, georgechxng said:

i thought taylor had a chance at pulling it off with those variants of half of the album with exclusive bonus tracks bc on theory if like 500k of her fans bought each of those versions, that would equal to 2 million sold so it seemed possible but she still came 900k short.

so yeah it's pretty much impossible at this point. i think we would need another 21 type of phenomenon to happen to an artist and then MAYBE its follow up would have a chance at topping that record but it just seems highly unlikely. everyone was dying to get a copy of 25 before it got sold out. i don't see a release making everyone act like that ever again. 

That's just not a thing, there's not THAT many Swifties buying the different versions.

Adele's peak in 2015 was one of the greatest of all time. The way the whole world talked about her, from teenagers to grandmas and grandpas. And the US is not even her main market. It will be very difficult to top it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.