P4K: Tortured Poets 6.6/ Anthology 6.0

danrich

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

I trully don't think taylor paid for the reviews

They just know that giving high scores to taylor or bts will bring clicks to their websites

Also RS is known for giving random 5 stars to artists they like when all the other publications don't. U2, Bruce, Bob Dylan and now Taylor.

The Pitchfork scores makes sense seeing the public reaction outside the swifties

She took critics for lunch when she released 1989.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• V$.

• Gladiator

• Digitalism

I'm surprised that she doesn't really focus on quality this time. I hope that she can be careful because the lack of quality of an album could be the reason of her downfall, ask Gaga and Xtina (and maybe Adele). 

To be honest, this should have been a reflection of the rest of the album's reviews. 10-15 years ago it would have been in the mid-to-late 60s on metacritic. Which isn't so bad at all but looks that way today, but stans and their faves have since decided anything below 80 isn't good and music journalism has suffered because of it. No way an album with such terrible lyrics and production should be getting the high scores it has. If artists regress critics should say it, and maybe then Taylor would have pushed herself to make a better album because she's capable. Maybe they should make music reviews like book reviews and not give any ratings, simply review it with no scores and then we'll get criticism back.

• Like 6

They're very generous.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

I'm surprised that she doesn't really focus on quality this time. I hope that she can be careful because the lack of quality of an album could be the reason of her downfall, ask Gaga and Xtina (and maybe Adele). 

I don't think that would do it. If she can make an album as mediocre as MIDnights and get AOTY, a high rating and not to mention all the grand success, that's not going to be the reason for a commercial decline. I don't even blame Taylor, she literally doesn't have to do much or push herself in any way at this point. Whatever she drops regardless of quality is going to get rave reviews and grand success. It's wild at this point :rip:

Glad to see that not all reviewers are afraid of swifties. Accurate score. :clap3:

I wish they dug their heels in the sand and gave it the 4 or 5 it deserves

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deserves much less cuz she wasted 2 hrs of everyone's lives who wasted this album

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I trully don't think taylor paid for the reviews

They just know that giving high scores to taylor or bts will bring clicks to their websites

Also RS is known for giving random 5 stars to artists they like when all the other publications don't. U2, Bruce, Bob Dylan and now Taylor.

The Pitchfork scores makes sense seeing the public reaction outside the swifties

Yep, Taylor did not pay for RS. Rob Sheffield is a Taylor stan. He gives her high reviews. He's the guy who said "Britney uses Auto-Tune the way Bob Dylan used his harmonica" about her Telephone demo, and gave Britney Jean the same score as Bey's Self-Titled, and called Blackout a "Misunderstood Punk Masterpiece" that he stays bumping on the RS all-time list. He's a stan and doesn't hide it. But ATRL acts brand new when it comes to Taylor reviews ONLY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Yep, Taylor did not pay for RS. Rob Sheffield is a Taylor stan. He gives her high reviews. He's the guy who said "Britney uses Auto-Tune the way Bob Dylan used his harmonica" about her Telephone demo, and gave Britney Jean the same score as Bey's Self-Titled, and called Blackout a "Misunderstood Punk Masterpiece" that he stays bumping on the RS all-time list. He's a stan and doesn't hide it. But ATRL acts brand new when it comes to Taylor reviews ONLY.

Do you have all this info written on the back of your hand or is it imprinted in your brain? :eek:

• Haha 12

So this is the OTSH base now, huh? P4K being the Mecca until they come for their fav (and suddenly are pressed losers) or the next insignificant thing sparks against Taylor. But I get it, it's the only thing they can attack her for now without sparking the clown theme music :bibliahh: 

Apart from the choices at Anthology scores (it should be same level with TTPD at least), I think it's fairly rated and 6/10 was not a bad score y'all are getting spoiled to the point anything less than 8/10 was considered negative review and panned.

1 hour ago, V$. said:

:deadbanana4:

I mean, Dawn of Chromatica is bop central.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Ended those kiss-assing critics who are afraid to give her fair scores. This album is indeed a 6 at most, there's no way they would make us believe it's a 100 just bc it's by Taylor (looking at you Rolling Stone).

She needs a break, switch her sound for a bit, and most of all ditch Jack AntonOFF + Aaron. And also stop adding every single song she recorded for an album on the tracklist for the sake of numbers. It's not even a conceptual thing, she literally gives the album and then the scraps along with a text with beautiful words so the fans think they're getting some high level art piece :rip:

the rolling stone piece is hilariously corrupt, he really said swifties please buy my book - stan a capitalist become a capitalist i guess 

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The review is actually very kind to her and clearly wants the album to be better than it is

What Halsey said

:suburban:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, rmmas said:

Stop trashing Lover, it's clearly better than Midnights and TTPD :sorry:

This is more scathing to read than P4K.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, V$. said:

finally this girl gets what she deserves :clap3::flame:

I know it's cool to make fun of her (deservingly) getting not so good scores for this album but what happened is very simple: she released a dud. I'm a Midnights hater so to me that was a dud too but even then Midnights was clearer as an album than this and back when she released it her hype was not what it is now. She's releasing some of her most uninspired music in the middle of her huge popularity peak :rip: It's frustrating to me as a fan to see that her fanbase refuses to see it and instead choose to blame the critics and the people giving valid criticism to her and her music. Not talking about haters who just thinks she sucks, i'm talking about valid criticism. But welp we know she clearly sees these not so positive reviews cuz she was qrt'ing 10/10's on twitter yesterday (reeks of insecurity and we know she's insecure) and I hope the Olivia Rodrigo part on Pitchfork's article makes her fume a lot as we know it validates one of her worst fears: Olivia Rodrigo is doing better than her (and she is indeed) :giraffe:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 4Real said:

I know it's cool to make fun of her (deservingly) getting not so good scores for this album but what happened is very simple: she released a dud. I'm a Midnights hater so to me that was a dud too but even then Midnights was clearer as an album than this and back when she released it her hype was not what it is now. She's releasing some of her most uninspired music in the middle of her huge popularity peak :rip: It's frustrating to me as a fan to see that her fanbase refuses to see it and instead choose to blame the critics and the people giving valid criticism to her and her music. Not talking about haters who just thinks she sucks, i'm talking about valid criticism. But welp we know she clearly sees these not so positive reviews cuz she was qrt'ing 10/10's on twitter yesterday (reeks of insecurity and we know she's insecure) and I hope the Olivia Rodrigo part on Pitchfork's article makes her fume a lot as we know it validates one of her worst fears: Olivia Rodrigo is doing better than her (and she is indeed) :giraffe:

TBF, a lot of her stans do not actually like her or her music, they like her success and being able to live through it. Any criticism is seen as an attempt to discredit that success and thusly the fantasy in which they live.

---

That Paste Magazine score single handedly pulling her score down. :jonny: 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, V$. said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.