Kim Kardashian is going to go after Travis Kelce, watch

Blumoon

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

Are you insane?

She literally called Kim a bully in the first verse of the song. Then went on about how much of a bully Kim was, how much she hated her and her mom wanted Kim dead. Then in the Final verse, she declares Kim hasn't changed as a person (still a bully) and she wrote this song as a way of revenge as "your kids come home singin' this", just to show how insanely vindictive this 34 y/o woman is over a high-school drama. 

Kim was a bully in the scenario. And it was a scenario that deeply affected Taylor and she's reflecting on how even though it negatively affected her in the moment, she has grown to be grateful to have gone through those fires even though she did deeply hate Kim at the time. Showing how your feelings towards something have evolved is a basic writing technique. Taylor saying she and her mother hated Kim (note: past-tense) all for her to say "thank you" and how Kim, in a way, helped her heal is the complete opposite of a diss song. Let's be serious now.

There's not a single nice word about Kim in the whole song. If it's not a diss song, what is? Saying "thank you for bullying me so I can grow up" is NOT a compliment 

She literally says "Thank you [Kim]" and attributes her healing and growth to Kim. That's about as nice of a thing I could imagine Taylor saying given the details of what happened (specifically, Kim editing a video of Kanye trying to explain how a song where he claims credit for Taylor's success to dogpile on Taylor for simply saying she didn't approve of the lyric).

I never said the song is about her and Kim being best friends and having a loving relationship now. The song isn't that and they are not friends. But, that doesn't mean it's a diss song because Taylor is reflecting on that experience. People are allowed to write songs and sing songs about experiences from years ago with a more retrospective lens. Trying to extract a controversy out of it is a reach.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blumoon

• Bloo

• Nickimeetsatrl

• Phaunzie

7 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Kim was a bully in the scenario. And it was a scenario that deeply affected Taylor and she's reflecting on how even though it negatively affected her in the moment, she has grown to be grateful to have gone through those fires even though she did deeply hate Kim at the time. Showing how your feelings towards something have evolved is a basic writing technique. Taylor saying she and her mother hated Kim (note: past-tense) all for her to say "thank you" and how Kim, in a way, helped her heal is the complete opposite of a diss song. Let's be serious now.

She literally says "Thank you [Kim]" and attributes her healing and growth to Kim. That's about as nice of a thing I could imagine Taylor saying given the details of what happened (specifically, Kim editing a video of Kanye trying to explain how a song where he claims credit for Taylor's success to dogpile on Taylor for simply saying she didn't approve of the lyric).

I never said the song is about her and Kim being best friends and having a loving relationship now. The song isn't that and they are not friends. But, that doesn't mean it's a diss song because Taylor is reflecting on that experience. People are allowed to write songs and sing songs about experiences from years ago with a more retrospective lens. Trying to extract a controversy out of it is a reach.

She literally says "I dont think youve changed much".  She dissed her.  Its okay. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Blumoon said:

She literally says "I dont think youve changed much".  She dissed her.  Its okay. 

If that is your bar for a diss song then sure, I guess. :toofunny2: 

13 minutes ago, Bloo said:

If that is your bar for a diss song then sure, I guess. :toofunny2: 

Singing about how her mother wished she was dead?

3 hours ago, Mr.Marvelous said:

Pete Davidson has "spice and flava"? :skull:

Mr. Davidson has that nice, long Irish/Italian sausage that you know Ms. Kimora Lee Kardashian loves. She wanted some basil, some tomato sauce and some humus on the side. Travis's all American salted hotdog doesn't tickle Kim's pickle. She is trying to manage her salt intake. #SayNOtoHypertension 

• Confused 1

God save her. She needs to think before she acts, because if she does that... Really, only God will be able to help her, lol 

Saying her *kid* is going to be singing a song that both Taylor and Kim know is hurtful to the latter is one of the most petty, vindictive things I've ever heard in song form.

She's basically saying your own child will hurt you without her knowledge, it will be my doing and that will be my revenge. All that over some bullshit celebrity drama from almost a decade ago? Like, that's some sociopath ****.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

All the people in here giving opinions about a song they haven't listened to is crazy.

The song isn't even a diss song. She's literally just reflecting on how this moment in her life helped he grow up and saying she's grateful it happened at all. It's a very cathartic moment on the album. Is there mention of some of the bitter feelings she and her mother had at the time of Snakegate? Yes, but, this is a song about introspection and it makes sense to include that.

We're ignoring the invocation of Kim's daughter I see. 

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Ya Ya said:

We're ignoring the invocation of Kim's daughter I see. 

Where she just says Kim’s kids won’t be aware of a song that is about their feud? Again, this isn’t a diss. 

6 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Where she just says Kim's kids won't be aware of a song that is about their feud? Again, this isn't a diss. 

I'm more so responding to the idea that the song is centered on introspection and growth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Apart from what everyone replied with, which is sufficient to invalidate your claims, Taylor is also aware of the impact of the song, the reaction of fans etc. she knows she has one of the biggest following maybe ever. She knows the hate Kim will get. Yet she use her music to bring down Kim and in fact all her exes. She must have foreseen that Kim instagram comments will look the way it looks right now.

Maybe she will stop when someone commit suicide from the hate they get. She needs to be more responsible. Rehashing a decade long beef is totally unnecessary. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Ya Ya said:

I'm more so responding to the idea that the song is centered on introspection and growth. 

It is, that line essentially just shows how the feud is going to fade into irrelevancy.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

It is, that line essentially just shows how the feud is going to fade into irrelevancy.

That's ironic if she keeps mentioning it.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Saying her *kid* is going to be singing a song that both Taylor and Kim know is hurtful to the latter is one of the most petty, vindictive things I've ever heard in song form.

She's basically saying your own child will hurt you without her knowledge, it will be my doing and that will be my revenge. All that over some bullshit celebrity drama from almost a decade ago? Like, that's some sociopath ****.

Singing my mom used to wish you dead over a Disney beat was nuts.  

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

Apart from what everyone replied with, which is sufficient to invalidate your claims, Taylor is also aware of the impact of the song, the reaction of fans etc. she knows she has one of the biggest following maybe ever. She knows the hate Kim will get. Yet she use her music to bring down Kim and in fact all her exes. She must have foreseen that Kim instagram comments will look the way it looks right now.

You’re free to disagree. I really don’t care. But, the fact is the song is literally saying Kim helped Taylor heal. She does this by juxtaposing how harshly she (and her mother) felt about Kim in response to Snake Gate to how she now feels grateful in retrospect that the drama all happened because she grew from it. If you think that should be off limits, then I can’t reach you. And that’s fine.

Me thinks she's not as much of a high schooler or as vindictive and eager to hold a grudge for eternity like the certain other one still writing (mid) songs about it.

Still don't like her tho!

On 4/20/2024 at 8:44 PM, *.Digambar.* said:

That's probably why Jay Z cheated too. :heart:

i gagged :ghostface:

kim already won since taylor is still victim playing 10 years later

Travis gives me an opportunist vibe anyway…

He seems like a crappy partner and Taylor is too good for that. 

Kim just stays winning with all this free press I fear. 

I am a huge Kardashian fan.

But what Kim did to Taylor was horrendous. It was evil, manipulative and insanely harmful. 

I would not be surprised if Taylor was in therapy for a long time because of it.

Taylor needs to leave these grow women alone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.