30 or 10 tracks album?

LVP

30 or 10 tracks album?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. 30 or 10 tracks album?

I love long albums that are cohesive. 10 tracks is too low, but 30 is too much :deadbanana2:

My favorite albums are between 15-18 tracks such as Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos, Love & Life by Mary J. Blige or Full Moon by Brandy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Illuminati

• Gladiator

• pisuke

• Tudors

10. I'm on my first listen and bored to tears 😭 at work with litterally nothing else to do

• Haha 1

I tend to prefer shorter albums, 12 tracks is the perfect lenght imo.

That being said, I have no problems with longer albums when they're consistent :angelo:

But if an artist puts out a double album (around 30 track) with a strong concept, where each album offers a variation.. then I might be inclined to appreciate more tracks

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, LVP said:

I also wanna say GOOD LUCK to @supaspaz with "this was 2024" next year

I'm already screaming, crying, throwing up

• Haha 1

I almost always prefer shorter albums than long album, so a 10-track album has higher potential to be great compared to a 20-track+ album. 

There are still albums with loads of songs that I end up liking a lot, especially older albums, but generally not my thing.

I would prefer a shorter album IF there's constant music output (at least an album a year). I don't like shorter albums if i have to wait 4 years for a 10 track album like c'mon, especially when you write over 90 songs for said album (I'm looking at you Dua):michael:

Edited by TayDuaStan

Quantity doesn't matter, quality does. Thank god the 31 tracks Taylor released are all in good quality.

Can't say the same towards another artist with her awful 27 tracks though. I can literally pick any 1 song from TTPD and it will still be better than every single one track from THAT ****.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

12 tracks is the perfect length. Not too short and not long either. Then a deluxe including + 4 or 5 bonus tracks, pushing the total to the 16-17. That should've been the standard in the industry, imo.

I loved Cowboy Carter but i agree it's too much to go through in one listen. It should've been a 16-track album just like Renaissance. As of Taylor's latest i haven't heard the 15 (:rip:) new tracks but after hearing some snippets on Twitter i don't feel like i'm missing much. The same tracks that sounds the same and blend in together.  SOS also suffers from having some fillers but i loved most of it, so i don't mind. But yeah, it should've been shorter too.

i don't mind as long as the tracks are quality

SOS had a huge tracklist but all the songs were great 

10 is too few... 12 - 14 is perfection... anything over 20 is ridiculous. 

10-15 is the sweet spot for me, any less than 10 in the modern day of music at least and it's  an ep (BLACKPINK YOU ARE SICK!)

The eternal sunshine snub in the op….

lol at poets being 31 songs long probably because it's 13 backwards 

OT: it depends. obviously 13 amazing tracks with a great singing voice like ariana would be my answer but I really enjoy Cowboy Carter… probably due to beyonces voice.

so I guess it depends on if I like to listen to someone's voice because I'd still not listen to Poets if it was 10 tracks and would listen to ES if it was 31 tracks 

10 as long as they're all full length songs. I just feel like at 30 you're probably going to be whittling it down to the 10-15 you'll actually want to come back to anyway.

And I feel like it's harder to deliver a cohesive message and story with 30 tracks or if it is cohesive then it gets redundant.

I prefer to listen to albums as a set of carefully prepared songs that leave you feeling satisfied, but wanting to return for more again later, rather than a vast selection of dishes in a all you can eat buffet dinner, where you consume dishes of variable quality, until you start start to feel sick.

10 songs works the best for me.

I used to be team more content, but I don't really have the time or attention span to commit to these 20+ track albums anymore so nowadays I really appreciate a tight, cohesive 10-13 track album with all killer, no filler that I can keep on repeat :celestial5:

• Like 1

30 is just too much..around 10 is a perfect amount to ensure quality and even allows for 5-6 min+ songs to fit in well.

Under 45 minutes is ideal, but hitting the hour mark is fine in most cases. Once you're over about 65 minutes it starts becoming a bit excessive.

I enjoy both Cowboy Carter and Tortured Poets but I'm afraid that given time, I won't end up revisiting either much just because of the sheer length. The (Taylor's Versions) are annoying for that reason too.

• ATRL Moderator

I prefer about 15 tracks. 30+ songs (especially if it’s not including interludes) becomes a bit exhausting. While I’m enjoying TTPD, it’s… a lot to follow. To an extent, it almost feels like homework to figure out my feelings of the album cause there’s so much to churn through. 

So, yeah, I’d prefer a refined and focused album. 

• Like 1

I voted 30, but realistically I prefer 15-20 max. I like longer albums. I'm an album person. I want to listen to the entire album and then move on to another one, but I want that album to be long but not too long. 75 minutes or so is the ideal runtime for me.

Over time, for Tortured Poets I will compartmentalize the standard version and The Anthology into two separate albums in my mind and treat them as such when listening to them.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

i would absolutely go ******* feral and melt if Kesha released a thirty track album :jonny3:

otherwise, a ten track album is THEE sweet spot for quality >>>>>>>>

Addison Rae only needed a 4 track ep

0587052d3ae1399af4b1483803127e6a.thumb.g

• Like 1

barbiegrande

Maybe I'm poisoned by social media, but I don't have time for 15+ tracks. 

Whichever works the best for the album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.