30 or 10 tracks album?

LVP

30 or 10 tracks album?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. 30 or 10 tracks album?

On one hand - Taylor with 31 tracks, Beyonce with 27 tracks and Sza with 23-25 tracks

On the other hand - Billie and Dua are coming with 10-11 tracks

Personally I prefer nice 40 minutes albums with approximately 12 tracks. Melodrama by Lorde is still a perfect album where there are 11 tracks but the quality is on top.

Edited by LVP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Illuminati

• pisuke

• ScorpiosGroove

• Tudors

10 tracks album is more safe to deliver a cohesive work, unless you are Beyoncé (Cowboy Carter) or Miranda Lambert (The Weight of These Wings) lol

• Like 2

I prefer 10 by FAR. Quality > quantity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10-14 is the PERFECT length as I know from my fav :heart:

• Like 1

10 tracks if the project is cohesive and well-structured. I can appreciate the intent to put everything out with a 30+ track album, but it (almost) never results in a proper body of work.

I also wanna say GOOD LUCK to @supaspaz with "this was 2024" next year

To me it depends on how often the artist releases. Like Mariah gave us Caution four years after Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse and only consisted of ten songs and has not released another album since. If she released more frequently these days then I wouldn't mind it as much but that does not appear to be the case.

20+-track albums are bound to have several fillers unless you put a LOT of work into it

10 absolutely and that includes Cowboy Carter which is great but has already been pruned down to like 14-15 tracks.

The ideal album length for me is 12 tracks with an average track length of 3:30ish

Albums with less than 12 tracks or shorter than 40 minutes feel like a scam to me, baby that's an EP

BUT, if you can deliver a long album that is also high quality, why wouldnt you?

Edited by PaloSanto

30, at the least you can make good album with the ones you save. If you've got 10 tracks and yet still some duds well…

Edited by Redstreak
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Anything over like 15 is just too much imo. I get that it’s nice hearing basically every song an artist created while recording an album but the quality definitely begins to decline. 

• Like 4

Beyoncé's album is not legitimately 27 tracks is the thing , it's closer to the 16 of Renaissance which in the streaming era where it's a numbers game is a fine number for a standard edition of an album … i love Bey but i can even admit Cowboy Carter feels a lil bloated even tho i love the listening experience of it .. but im not a fan of how many start-stop moments there are with the amount of 1 minute "songs" that probably should have just been married into other songs since she loves doing slash/songs , and i don't even think a lot of the "tracks" on CC are eligible for contributing to the streaming numbers for the album based on their length

now releasing 31 FULL songs on a "double" album that's still billed as one project ??? to ME! that is the definition of big and greedy

• Like 2

30 songs in 2-3 instalments dropping 6 months apart :WAP:

• Like 2

as i loooove listening to albums as a whole i'd say 10 instead of 31. but ngl i'd love for my fav to release 31 tracks at once :deadbanana:

• Like 2

I like short albums, I've been trying to listen to TTPD for the whole day but it's too long, I'm still on track 17 and that's without reading lyrics. Long albums always end up having songs I skip and they feel a bit all over the place for me. 12-13 tracks is the sweet spot. Eternal Sunshine's length is perfect, I can listen to it front and back when I feel like doing it, without having to take a day off from work. 

I prefer 12-16 track albums.... idgaf about cohesiveness either.... I need songs for every mood. Give me disjointed, messy, loud, soft, fast, slow all in one album pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

I prefer 10-14, coz you "get to know" the tracks more... While I appreciate all the new music, 30+ tracks is a lot to digest at once.

No more than 14 tracks for a standard album, and no more than 21 for a deluxe album. Seeing 30+tracks, I don't even want to listen to it.

• Like 1

I think 11-13 tracks is perfect for album

and then add 5-10 for re-release but not sooner than 6 months after original album release

Doesn't matter to me, i only listen to the songs i like anyway, be it 10, 20, 30 or 50 tracks

10 great well produced and thought out songs
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

30 unfinished half assed demos

boki13-farma.gif

Edited by Dante
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.