The Tortured Poets Department Review Thread | MC - 76

Cloröx

she should release the remaining two re recordings, wrap up the tour, take a break and come back in 3-4 years without jack or aaron 

• Thanks 6

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• DLW

• Cloröx

• Sugden

Yeah like some of the low reviews are unfair but this is something a lot of pop girls have had to deal with for their entire career. Gaga has publications who will just always give her like a 50 no matter what, Gaga and Lana have both had 0 reviews included on MC. Unfortunately it's hard to stop score manipulation when many of these sites have no standards other than generating clicks. This album is still in the high seventies atm which isn't an unfair score for it. It doesn't deserve above 80 and neither did midnights, Taylor still has a lot of the industry on her side. 

4 minutes ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Yeah like some of the low reviews are unfair but this is something a lot of pop girls have had to deal with for their entire career. Gaga has publications who will just always give her like a 50 no matter what, Gaga and Lana have both had 0 reviews included on MC. Unfortunately it's hard to stop score manipulation when many of these sites have no standards other than generating clicks. This album is still in the high seventies atm which isn't an unfair score for it. It doesn't deserve above 80 and neither did midnights, Taylor still has a lot of the industry on her side. 

Slant magazine, which reviews PTSD with a 70 

• Like 3

The album is a 55 at best, so this is way more generous 

• Like 2

Nevermind, can't wait for AJay's reaction!
:suburban:

Edited by VeniceBeach
  • Haha 5

AllMusic dropped AOTY score to 70

26 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

AllMusic dropped AOTY score to 70

Is it all counted on MC? 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:31 PM, liam13 said:

its funny how oths think good reviews are paid for because they arent aligned with their opinions but praise the low scored ones and say reviewers are brave to speak their truth :rip:

Yes, that is how stanning works. Taylor is not special in that regard. It is like how you guys think the negative reviews are somehow biased towards her and the positive ones are not. 

7 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

Is it all counted on MC? 

Yes

• Like 2

Can't say that I'm surprised about these reviews. Hopefully Taylor can have a break from studio albums and just finish releasing the rerecordings.

Critical failure. A 70 in 2024 it's the equivalent of a 50 in 2004.

• Thanks 2

They added a second PopMatters review, both have an 80. Let's see if Swifties complain about that one as much as they did with Sputnik.

The score is down to 76 anyway

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Can't say that I'm surprised about these reviews. Hopefully Taylor can have a break from studio albums and just finish releasing the rerecordings.

I mean she treats the re-recordings like new studio album releases so I'm not sure that will help with the fatigue.  :clack:

Edited by Mike91

2 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I mean she treats the re-recordings like new studio album releases so I'm not sure that will help with the fatigue.  :clack:

It's not about the fatigue for me, it's about her truly finding the creative juicy I feel she's lacking since Folklore

36 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Yes, that is how stanning works. Taylor is not special in that regard. It is like how you guys think the negative reviews are somehow biased towards her and the positive ones are not. 

personally, i don't read reviews because my opinions are enough. but if a review provides constructive criticisms and professional journalism then i don't think other swifties care.

yall go have fun tho :eddie: too many Ls are bad for your health :ryan3:

Below two of her magnum opuses Speak Now and Red as it should :clap3:

32 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Critical failure. A 70 in 2024 it's the equivalent of a 50 in 2004.

Being a Britney stan kinda makes you an expert at this, so I'm not gonna question your credentials :clap3:

19alexander-super-Jumbo.jpg 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, NEX said:

Being a Britney stan kinda makes you an expert at this, so I'm not gonna question your credentials :clap3:

19alexander-super-Jumbo.jpg 

:deadbanana4:

Is there anyone left to review? Seems like 76 it is. 

It amazes me how blinded the swifties are to pretend that this album is anywhere near as well written as Folklore, Evermore or Red, which cracks me up every time they say "it's an album for the fans".:ryan3:

lyrically it is ridiculous and sonically it is flat. I like Taylor but this has to be one of her worst albums.:coffee2:

Edited by Selfloathingpoet
  • Like 13
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.