Can Taylor learn something from Ariana about melodies & vocal production?

Communion

I think Taylor will be OK without recycled Body Talk tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• WildHeart

• Tm4074

• dirrtydiana

No she doesn't have to sample cheesy 90s and 2000s melodies to make catchy songs.  :michael:

she certainly writes the MOST lyrics, but best? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is funny that when Ariana debuted with just 227K Arianators were complaining about people comparing her numbers to Taylor to label her a flop but now they are back here again trying to put them together in the same tier? :ahh: 

OT: No. There are better melodies that she could take notes off, Florence is a good start and a better vocalist than Ariana overall, I would also like her to do some Sufjan layering or take her fast paced talk singing to something like VW Ezra's.

• Haha 2

Unfortunately, yes. 

Taylor is not on the level of Ariana vocally. Heck she's leagues below 80% of the female singers in terms of vocal ability of using your voice as an instrument. So even if she comes up with a great melody, she will never get there in terms of vocal delivery. Even Lana who is severely limited in her vocal range can emote 100 times better than Taylor can. So it eventually comes down to the agility and versatility of her voice imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Blue. said:

It is funny that when Ariana debuted with just 227K Arianators were complaining about people comparing her numbers to Taylor to label her a flop but now they are back here again trying to put them together in the same tier? :ahh: 

What does numbers have to do with artistry? McDonalds sells 6.5 million hamburgers a day but nobody is going there for a top tier quality hamburger. :rip: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

no, because that's why I listen to Ari and not Taylor, just let it be. 

• Thanks 2

A lot of writers focus too much on the lyrics and forget they have to make good melodies. Lana kinda has that problem too on some songs. 

It's really evident on this Taylor record. I guess that when you are selling millions no matter what you put less effort into it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue. said:

I don't think so since Ariana has still to release an album better than Taylor's.

30 minutes ago, Blue. said:

OT: No. There are better melodies that she could take notes off, Florence is a good start and a better vocalist than Ariana overall, I would also like her to do some Sufjan layering or take her fast paced talk singing to something like VW Ezra's.

Sis, you okay? What happened in those 90 minutes that you got even angrier? :deadbanana4:

• Haha 13

roddy piper 80s GIF

She lacks the range.

4 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Ariana can be extremely hit or miss with her vocal production though, look at yes, and? :deadbanana2:

You can say many things about the song (lack of proper chorus, lyrics...) but vócal production is still top-notched, better than the entire Tay's discography in terms of vocals.

• Thanks 2

Why would anyone learn anything from a homewrecker? 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Sis, you okay? What happened in those 90 minutes that you got even angrier? :deadbanana4:

Listened and got tortured by the album I guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Prisoner said:

Why would anyone learn anything from a homewrecker

And the vocalist of the generation at the same time. Ohhh the versatility :clap3:

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Why would anyone learn anything from a homewrecker

Sister, you may want to put off listening to the new album on Spotify, cause I have some bad news about who and what exactly most of the songs are about... 

Our girls are down bad.

wendy-williams-microfone.gif

• Haha 2

You don't need to have the biggest range or the best technique for make more full sounding vocal production. She needs better collaborators lol

Rappers have better melodies than her on this album :skull:

• Haha 1

Ariana's melodies are not good when she's not with Max :rip: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sister, you may want to put off listening to the new album on Spotify, cause I have some bad news about who and what exactly most of the songs are about... 

Our girls are down bad.

wendy-williams-microfone.gif

Whose album? 

2 hours ago, Communion said:

The coke kicked in.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

What does numbers have to do with artistry? McDonalds sells 6.5 million hamburgers a day but nobody is going there for a top tier quality hamburger. :rip: 

And who does fit better with McDonalds, 4 AOTY winner with second most acclaimed MPG catalogue or the other? :rip:

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

And who does fit better with McDonalds, 4 AOTY winner with second most acclaimed MPG catalogue or the other? :rip:

Taylor didn't have a universally acclaimed album from critics until Folklore which was her 8th album. By Ariana's fifth album she had 3 universally acclaimed albums. Regardless critics mean nothing and so many of their reviews age horribly. Look at Born To Die. 

GRAMMYs haven't been an indicator of quality in a long time. Especially when Taylor has more AOTY wins than all black women combined despite Beyoncé and SZA releasing albums that have been more than deserving of the award. 1989 won AOTY over To Pimp A Butterfly. Midnights won over SOS. Adele has two AOTY wins for two albums full of piano ballads that offer nothing groundbreaking or innovative in music. GRAMMYs are not serious and using them are some kind of gotcha is hilarious when they gave f*****g Harry's House AOTY two years ago. If the GRAMMYs implemented ranked choice voting like the Oscars Taylor wouldn't have 4 AOTY wins. They are a popularity contest so congrats on that, my point still stands. 

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Taylor didn't have a universally acclaimed album from critics until Folklore which was her 8th album.

Both RED and 1989 made into Decade End and All Time lists. Not any Ariana album came close. 

Ariana is not more acclaimed. Not by critics, not by industry and not by GP. So your McDonalds comparison is nonsensical and if it has to be done, it fits Ariana more. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Both RED and 1989 made into Decade End and All Time lists. Not any Ariana album came close. 

Ariana is not more acclaimed. Not by critics, not by industry and not by GP. So your McDonalds comparison is nonsensical and if it has to be done, it fits Ariana more. 

TUN and Sweetener made it on to plenty decade end lists what are you on about? Besides I already discredited critics opinions because they aren't and never have been objective.

Taylor is the McDonalds of pop this decade, cry about it. She released over a hundred songs this decade and I can't even name one song that stands out from the rest. That's what happens when you're supposed to be a singer but possess lackluster vocals and forgot how to write strong/interesting melodies. But it's fine because her fans think she's the second coming of Shakespeare because she has access to www.thesaurus.com. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Besides I already discredited critics opinions because they aren't and never have been objective.

Critics - doesn't matter

Industry - doesn't matter

GP - doesn't matter 

Grammys - doesn't matter 

But Tm4074's opinion!!!! 

Get over your high horse. You are not that important and no one cares

SUvJA.gif

Why should she?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.