Swifties universally panning TTPD, why?

Solaria

4 minutes ago, period sis said:

Freefall being #2 weeks at #1 and predicted to do close to 100k third week, with another single perched in the top 10 since release, and that's all with that negligence and silence from said artist! 

Again, idgaf about numbers and what other people think as much as y'all clearly do. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952zznpzoc6yogia6rqhtj

Not surprised you're once again trying to derail the topic about Taylor by bringing up another artist when the topic isn't in Taylor's favor!!!!!

ezgif-3-c206b8d46c.thumb.gif.c5203ee6b13020f1e42b49862a2e260b.gif

Didn't mention any album or artist but not surprised to see where your mind goes when you hear the word freefall. Can anyone blame you after the last 10 years 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• WildHeart

• Devin

• Bonicap

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 words... We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist

16 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Thankfully calculations/math and hive don't have any correlation in the real world

oh wow is this a #personalattack :suburban:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Yall been saying this since rep

spacer.png

well folklore & evermore were good. we cant say the same abt rep, lover, midnights.

i'm convinced she releasing a mid album on purpose to kickstart a hate train then release reputation tv. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

it was due time

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

well folklore & evermore were good. we cant say the same abt rep, lover, midnights.

i'm convinced she releasing a mid album on purpose to kickstart a hate train then release reputation tv. 

spacer.png

Now now, not too much on Reputa

• Like 2

Poor The Tortured Voices in Your Head Department.

• Haha 2

it's the butt of every joke and universally panned. the overwhelmingly negative reception was too much to deny i fear 

• Thumbs Down 1

It's true

i thought they were trolls disguised as Swifties - my feed is filled with them bashing the album.

i haven't even heard it yet.

1 hour ago, Solaria said:

So Taylor should just never evolve as an artist anymore?

Saying this after Dua released 3 singles the sounds like it came from FN is funny :rip:

Can you all wait until the album is released?

Classic "Solaria" thread. Rile them up sis :lmao:

OT: The audience demands REPUTATION TV now!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

Well yes. Numbers don't determine people's interest on the album, people's interest determine numbers. 

People don't tune for albums they don't like hence the freefall... 

Looking at this thread, logic is really not #that specific fanbase's strongest suit huh

Another personal attack, good-luck discussing those logics and numbers else where that isn't ATRL on this very released week prolonging into the week! 

They were just like this when MIDnights dropped and changed the tune once those first week numbers dropped and the grand success afterwards. Give it time and it's going to be an underappreciated and misunderstood album.

38 minutes ago, Yawn said:

it's the butt of every joke and universally panned. the overwhelmingly negative reception was too much to deny i fear 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

The thread being about quality but the comments being about sales.

That's the swifties for you

Except this thread isn't about quality. It's about opinions. It's taking the comments of half-a-dozen individuals by seemingly non-Swift fans and using them to state a generalized opinion on Taylor's latest album by her fanbase at large… except they're the opinions of just a handful of people. :rip:

People don't bring up sales/streams for no reason. If you want to evaluate how her fanbase, consisting of millions of people, feels about her music, there is literally no better metric than their active consumption behaviors. If we want to judge how her fans feel about her music (which is the thesis of this thread), we need to only look at how they're consuming it on a collective basis, not through selectively highlighted comments of a few.

• Thanks 3

Reputa is coming to save her career iktr

When you click negativity about Taylor swift on social media it knows to feed you all negative Taylor swift content to encourage engagement. A false reality and picture of the entire social media world

6 minutes ago, Taylena said:

okay, Arianators... 

stay on topic. :heart:

spacer.png

True swifties will listen to the album tonight in high quality version when it comes up, and will not be spoiled by the uploaded trash version. So no, true swifties are not panning the album. I will see yall tonight!

You know this is not true and this won't happen even if the album ends up being bad, they'll eat this album up, it's going to break records, it's going to be praised by critics (and her fans of course). The panned thing is a wishful thought from Taylor haters.

Edited by Romova99

lol if and I mean, IF, it's not good (I havent listened yet but I will when it releases), it's because she needs a break. She doesnt take super sonic risks (and most of the albums seem to contain the same lyricism) so albums that sound similar back to back are going to be received as they should. Also Jack Antanoff is such a snore lol 

But will withold full judgment until I hear it 

Because she didn't work with Justin Timberlake or Jennifer Lopez

Biggest issue with the album is the production honestly, the sound is too similar to Midnight and there's not much of a change other than a few tracks. It is near the bottom of a TS album ranking for me.

She needs a Katy Perry feature :foxaylove3: