Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The crowd actually singing MBOBHFT and echoing "He loves me", maybe the louvre ate this one little thing :clap3:

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Go taylor end that hypocrite ...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

The crowd actually singing MBOBHFT and echoing "He loves me", maybe the louvre ate this one little thing :clap3:

Yeah that was a pleasant surprise :gaycat4:

• Like 1

This is my first time hearing the mashup and oh my ******* god holy **** **** me UP :jonny2:

taylor swift, a guitar, and tens of thousands of screaming fans

nothing in this universe compares

• Like 2

You know, now I'm re-listening to the studio version of My Tay Only Outcharts ATRL's Fave Billie and it could totally be the Karma of this record. Not... in the sense that a remix would work, but that it can be the song that's doing middlingly okay on streaming but is perfect for radio and a video. The doll theme is literally built into the song, and that bassline already causes me to speed because it's so perfect for the car, so imagine hearing it every hour :jonny5:

I want it fourth. I sorta kinda think we'll have TS12 by this time next year, but if we don't then I'm a Fortnight-Gowns Beautiful-Godly as Hymn-My Bible... single run truther :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Treachersus, live and acoustic, even as part of a mashup, being on the same album now as The Prophecy - I think I just had a full out of body experience

@wastedpotential I haven't updated you on The Odyssey of the Hot Work Guy lately but let me tell you, this specific mashup with this timing in my life has me REELING

Miss Taylor A. Swiffer Duster I will never doubt you 

• Haha 1

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

Treachersus, live and acoustic, even as part of a mashup, being on the same album now as The Prophecy - I think I just had a full out of body experience

@wastedpotential I haven't updated you on The Odyssey of the Hot Work Guy lately but let me tell you, this specific mashup with this timing in my life has me REELING

Miss Taylor A. Swiffer Duster I will never doubt you 

Oh PLEASE I'm so perched for an update :gaycat4:

Also, the copy of Children of Time I ordered finally came in (back from the Kern era nnn) and I'm about to go on a little trip where I plan to devour it, so I shall let you know what I think :gaycat4:

• Like 1

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Oh PLEASE I'm so perched for an update :gaycat4:

Also, the copy of Children of Time I ordered finally came in (back from the Kern era nnn) and I'm about to go on a little trip where I plan to devour it, so I shall let you know what I think :gaycat4:

Oh I'm so excited to see if you like the spider book, I literally just bought a copy for a colleague - Kern her eternal impact :skull: Honestly I hope that demo track, if it was really a thing, comes out on TTPD Vol. III someday just for the sake of all of us in this thread and our psyches.

On the Pretty Work Basketball Jock Man topic, let's just say that we're actual friends now (turns out he's shy, took some time) and going to a little festival thing together, possibly just us alone together for the first time other than quick little moments, tomorrow - so hearing THIS mashup, tonight, from this woman, with these songs? Oh I'm about to either enter a new dimension of life or get my heart forcefully shoved through a meat processor, we'll see how it goes!

Seriously, what kind of black magic is this woman on? The GENIUS of mixing the sport jock song and Treacherous. I'm weak, I need to lie down. The countless hopeless romantic gays she just Thanos-snapped with this track. I honestly think it's an all-time highlight, like Cornelia Street (Live From Paris).

This happens once every few lifetimes indeed :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

The good sis @Strawberry Bubble made a thread about Taylor's worst remix, to which I think the universally agreed answer should be the Titanic remix (sorry @Magickarp lol), with YNTCD (Clean Bandit) being a strong second and Message In A Bottle (Fat Max G) behind that, but this had me thinking about what we think Taylor's best remix is.

I'm personally inclined towards Delicate (Seeb), Anti-Hero (Roosevelt), Lavender Haze (Snakehips), and Willow (Elvira), but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts :gaycat4:

• Thanks 1

The good sis @Strawberry Bubble made a thread about Taylor's worst remix, to which I think the universally agreed answer should be the Titanic remix (sorry @Magickarp lol), with YNTCD (Clean Bandit) being a strong second and Message In A Bottle (Fat Max G) behind that, but this had me thinking about what we think Taylor's best remix is.

I'm personally inclined towards Delicate (Seeb), Anti-Hero (Roosevelt), Lavender Haze (Snakehips), and Willow (Elvira), but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts :gaycat4:

ANTI HERO ILLENIUM REMIX GIRL. I'm addicted

I'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way that The Alchemy has suddenly LAUNCHED itself from somewhere around 30th in my personal ranking of the album to second place on a technicality :jonny2: I'm so sorry, I didn't see the vision, I was blind and a fool!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Oh I'm so excited to see if you like the spider book, I literally just bought a copy for a colleague - Kern her eternal impact :skull: Honestly I hope that demo track, if it was really a thing, comes out on TTPD Vol. III someday just for the sake of all of us in this thread and our psyches.

On the Pretty Work Basketball Jock Man topic, let's just say that we're actual friends now (turns out he's shy, took some time) and going to a little festival thing together, possibly just us alone together for the first time other than quick little moments, tomorrow - so hearing THIS mashup, tonight, from this woman, with these songs? Oh I'm about to either enter a new dimension of life or get my heart forcefully shoved through a meat processor, we'll see how it goes!

Seriously, what kind of black magic is this woman on? The GENIUS of mixing the sport jock song and Treacherous. I'm weak, I need to lie down. The countless hopeless romantic gays she just Thanos-snapped with this track. I honestly think it's an all-time highlight, like Cornelia Street (Live From Paris).

This happens once every few lifetimes indeed :gaycat6:

Imagine the absolute mess if in 2029 for the 5 year anniversary she drops TWCK/KK on us :deadbanana4:

Oh babe I hope your festival thing is cute and romantic and he realizes what's right in front of him :gaycat4: Alexa play YouBelongWithMe(Taylor'sVersion).mp3 (also, basketball? I didn't realize he was tall... and all that might imply :gaycat4:)

Taylor's witchcraft is so all-empowered that she just knows exactly what we need at any given time, and is just more than happy to deliver. I think we ought to crowdfund a study into how to make music injectable :gaycat4:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry, I've had it with these cockroaches... that Billie girl started the feud and somehow it's Taylor's fault? Make it make sense.

yhegLx4.jpg

Edited by mael

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The way that The Alchemy has suddenly LAUNCHED itself from somewhere around 30th in my personal ranking of the album to second place on a technicality :jonny2: I'm so sorry, I didn't see the vision, I was blind and a fool!

nnnnnn lemme go break my heels and run to put it in my save list for @Achilles.'s album survivor :gaycat4:

I know the girls don't see the vision but oh my unrequited love for the quarterback of my high school football team is still deeeeeeply nostalgia-baked into my thoughts on The Allahchemy :suburban:

nnnnnn lemme go break my heels and run to put it in my save list for @Achilles.'s album survivor :gaycat4:

I know the girls don't see the vision but oh my unrequited love for the quarterback of my high school football team is still deeeeeeply nostalgia-baked into my thoughts on The Allahchemy :suburban:

Now don't even get me started on that one, sis, same and a HALF :gaycat7: This woman has to know what she's doing at this point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Now see I'm obsessed with and kinda prefer the MIAB fat max remix. Oh well, I'll be alone in enjoying it I guess. :gaycatina1:

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Now don't even get me started on that one, sis, same and a HALF :gaycat7: This woman has to know what she's doing at this point. 

I swear I can't have a SINGLE damn unique experience :deadbanana4:

Ugh his name was Joey and he was in my in my history class and I basically academically carried him through that year, and he didn't look TWICE at me in that way. Ugh let me go stream The Apostlesmy and drink my wine and light some candles and stalk him on instagram and cry :suburban:

Spoiler

No but if you want to know what makes it even MORE desperate, the other songs I associate with him are Untouchable, My Heart Beats For Love by Milene (and if I said the little church organ moment was going to be for our wedding) oh I cannot believe I'm admitting to this on the internet, Kathleen's The One That ******* Got Away, and ******* Miranda Cosgrove's Shakespeare :gaycat7:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

Now see I'm obsessed with and kinda prefer the MIAB fat max remix. Oh well, I'll be alone in enjoying it I guess. :gaycatina1:

giphy.gif

Now why am I suddenly getting emotional while listening to Broken Heart's chorus...

'Cause I'm a real tough kid, I can handle my ****
They said, "Babe, you gotta fake it 'til you make it" and I did
Lights, camera, ***** smile, even when you wanna die
He said he'd love me all his life
But that life was too short
Breaking down, I hit the floor
All the pieces of me shattered as the crowd was chanting, "More"
I was grinning like I'm winning, I was hitting my marks
'Cause I can do it with a broken heart (one, two, three, four)

q03FoCp.gif

• Haha 1

I was pondering what certain ppl were saying about taylor barely having any "real hits" this decade.

Looks like the only person with more 10+ week solo-credited top 10s is Olivia (with 4).

With Cruel Summer/Anti-Hero, she's tied with Doja, SZA, Weeknd, Harry, Ed, Jack, and Morgan.

• Like 1

The Alchemy live version is actually soooooo good especially the first part, I need it in my library :jonny5:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

lemme go break my heels and run to put it in my save list for @Achilles.'s album survivor :gaycat4:

I'm putting in a formal request for Chloe and Clara supporters. The fact that they got nearly as many offs as saves is deeply concerning. :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

I'm putting in a formal request for Chloe and Clara supporters. The fact that they got nearly as many offs as saves is deeply concerning. :gaycat6:

Is it too late to edit? :gaycat4:

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Is it too late to edit? :gaycat4:

No. :gaycat2:

Hope TayTay ends Billie :dancehall:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.