Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

Has any insider spilled anything about the album yet?

• Replies 47.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

It's giving folklore 2nd sister, but she didn't mention that, so I guess it will be something different, but still in the altpop genre. The only thing that I don't really understand is why she decided to go not just into the alt/indie vibe, but specifically for the quill pen with poetry. There's definately will be the Joeover tea, but why in this way..

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

It's Antonoff production so I'm not sure if I should get excited or not. However, I do like the album cover a lot

We have Aaron Dessner though

This album might challenge the first week sales of Adele’s 25 album 

Ngl I was really hoping she'd wrap up the re-recordings era before moving on to TS11 because I'm really tired and bored of it I wanted her to drop them all before the tour ends, but I think the New Album - 2 TVs - New Album... pattern was correct after all. 

image0.gif?ex=65ce213c&is=65bbac3c&hm=50

I'm in love with the album cover and aesthetic so far, and the title is great, possibly one of her best? I won't allow myself to be baited like I did with Midnights and expect a soft/alt-rock serve again, but I really just hope it's another magnum opus and not some mid pop album that she quickly cooked because she's currently at her peak and wants more success. I'm also SEATED for the London Boy lashings, the title basically confirms that its the breakup album we expected. Fingers crossed the songs are more Red/folkmore'd rather than You're Losing Me'd (which was very surface level, but still cute for a vault track).

Joe Alwyn, I hope you're ready for your tape 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

It's giving folklore 2nd sister, but she didn't mention that, so I guess it will be something different, but still in the altpop genre. The only thing that I don't really understand is why she decided to go not just into the alt/indie vibe, but specifically for the quill pen with poetry. There's definately will be the Joeover tea, but why in this way..

From the title It feels like a very fictionary album honestly.

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asparagus Spears said:

She’ll probably announce reputation and debut at the end of the year for release in early 2025 lol

Yes and we have ts12 by 2026

I adore the album cover so much :jonny2:

I hope its a proper pop album and not a borefest like folklore/evermore. 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

4 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

Yes and we have ts12 by 2026

I have a theory we’ll get ts13 by 2026. 20 years since debut… would be nice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timeless said:

No doubt She will play with the reference but i feel like It's more like folklore and not very biographical. Or maybe It's just what I hope :suburban:

the vinyl plants are working overnight while we're at it :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Asparagus Spears said:

I have a theory we’ll get ts13 by 2026. 20 years since debut… would be nice 

more like ts13 in 2029, 'cause 2+0+2+9 = she's crazy :penguin:

I need this to serve sex and jazz, we need an album of False God’s :jonnycat:

I was not expecting this at all. :rip:

That artwork is an absolute serve and going off that and the title, I have no idea what to expect in terms of sound. 

12 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

This album might challenge the first week sales of Adele’s 25 album 

lol this is not going to happen, even she can manage to pull 2m pure sales but she and anybody on the Earth can’t generate 1.5 m streaming units.

• Confused 2

I need this album to be filled with Would've Could've Should've type songs SO BAD :jonny5:

• Like 3

I've learned not to follow the "obvious" lead about what the album will sound like and what the subject matter will discuss soooooooo I'm gonna hold back from making assumptions. 

The cover has a little sultry vibe to it which I wouldn't necessarily associate with a break-up album.

Though I wouldn't be surprised some songs will go into the death of her relationship with Joe. I think it's gonna cover a lot more ground and it's gonna be hard to attach a person to the song kinda like Midnights. 

The songwriting seems to be the focus which I'm very excited about. I needed a break from the pop hooks!

• Like 2

her sexy era is upon us. it will sound like this.

I’ve been on a boat in Phuket all day….

I missed the craziness!  And will miss the album release as I will be hiking in a cave in Vietnam without service.  Ugh. 

Oh well. At least she is still throwing rep stans under da bus.

24 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

You're right about the quill pen. We need an album of quill pen songs because we have an over representation of glittery gel pen and fountain pen ones. Her Kate Bush serve is coming :jonnycat:. Soft rock production with Ivy/ Happiness lyrics 

Seeing as there’s only one version of the digital album, it’s safe to assume there are no explicit songs, right?

Midnights was really the only bait and switch album in terms of aesthetics. I don't know why the overdramatic swifties are still holding on to that one incident. I think she knows how much people's expectations of the sound of Midnights effected their opinion of the album and she's going to course correct as always :giraffe:.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.