Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

Not a fan of her music but I think it’s a really good album title and it actually makes me kinda interested in listening to what she has to offer. 

• Replies 47.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Not a fan of the cover but still excited! Wonder what sound she's going for

:clack: 

2 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

You JUST realized it? :deadbanana2:mess! The way I literally went into orbit after finding out it will be released in April.

Anyway you WON so hard :jonny: personally I just don’t see she will add an another act but def will sing new ones for surprise songs

Yeah I also think she'll be limiting herself to surprise songs, but I just know I'll be going crazy of just the possibility of a new act :jonny5:

If she cuts a single song from the setlist it'll send me into another universe thinking she's making space for TTPD. 

• Like 1

If she's limiting herself to surprise acoustic songs, the album would have to be real instrumentals based :giraffe:

6 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Counting the rerecordings (and I think we should), this will be her ninth album in a span of under four years :deadvision:

We shouldn't, the 4 re-recording were not songs made from scratch. :rip: She sings over already existing instrumental melodies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

She’ll probably announce reputation and debut at the end of the year for release in early 2025 lol

So we all agree this is the third part of foklore-evermore and not a pop album?

I'm just gonna say it, this will sell over 2 Million first week

nicki.png

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

So we all agree this is the third part of foklore-evermore and not a pop album?

I'm not speaking it into the universe because I don't want to jinx it, but dear lord I hope so. :jonny:

The title and cover is definitely not giving pop banger vibes. But you never truly know with her. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rider said:

I'm just gonna say it, this will sell over 2 Million first week

nicki.png

More like 1.6/1.7M

9 minutes ago, campelo said:

We shouldn't, the 4 re-recording were not songs made from scratch. :rip: She sings over already existing instrumental melodies. 

Yeah i mean this will be probably a self written album or with just a couple of co writers in some songs.

I don't understand why people act like It's Crazy to release a new album for year. 

If someone writes constantly music why shouldn't release the music?

Until the late 80s when Mtv changed the album cicles people that write their own music release were used to release even two original albums for year.

Labels only asked for one single from one album so you could make 2 records for year.

Now with streaming artists have again the power to release music like they want so if you don't have to wait for your label giving you writers, producers and everything to make and album why you shouldn't release music when you have music is ready?

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

The album is going to sound like “Somebody Else” by The 1975. A synthetic, electronic, jazzy pop midtempo.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

If she's limiting herself to surprise acoustic songs, the album would have to be real instrumentals based :giraffe:

Who did tell you she is limiting to anything?

the way I discussed this on Taylor’s base many times because swifties insist that she can change the tour when many other big artists have done the same before…after Singapore she has many months to include a new set and prepare the songs 

13 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Not necessarily :thing:

7 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Who did tell you she is limiting to anything?

the way I discussed this on Taylor’s base many times because swifties insist that she can change the tour when many other big artists have done the same before…after Singapore she has many months to include a new set and prepare the songs 

The voices in my head told me :ryan3:.

• Haha 4

Why did she tease Rep TV with the TIME photoshoot?

Did she suddenly change her plans and wrote this album in a short timeframe and wants to put it out ASAP?

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah i mean this will be probably a self written album or with just a couple of co writers in some songs.

I don't understand why people act like It's Crazy to release a new album for year. 

Until the late 80s when Mtv changed the album cicles people that write their own music release were used to release even two original albums for year.

Labels only asked for one single from one album so you could make 2 records for year.

Now with streaming artists have again the power to release music like they want so if you don't have to wait for your label giving you writers, producers and everything to make and album why you shouldn't release music when you have music is ready?

Exactly it's not crazy:

2019 Lover

2020 by the pandemic influence she released 2 albums

2022 Midnights

2024 a new one

rihanna was also releasing a lot of albums for example, 7 album in 7 years 

18 minutes ago, campelo said:

This is categorically false. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Why did she tease Rep TV with the TIME photoshoot?

Did she suddenly change her plans and wrote this album in a short timeframe and wants to put it out ASAP?

Also categorically false. 

OT: I swear, it’s like some of y’all make it a competition of who can post the dumbest sh*t. :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's Antonoff production so I'm not sure if I should get excited or not. However, I do like the album cover a lot

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

This has especially confused me with Taylor because, outside of the pandemic blip in 2020 (when she released three albums in the space of a year and a half solely due to lockdowns), the spacing between her new material has been very consistent. I feel like the rerecordings are throwing everyone’s perceptions off.

She released Speak Now two years after Fearless, 1989 two years after Red, Midnights two years after evermore, and now Tortured Poets (close to) two years after Midnights. Two to three years between releases has always been the norm for pop artists, and Taylor has never deviated from that outside of the pandemic.

It’s why I always expected a new album this year - writing the bulk, if not the entirety, of her new album while touring the previous one is how Taylor has always functioned.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Also categorically false. 

OT: I swear, it’s like some of y’all make it a competition of who can post the dumbest sh*t. :skull:

like the amount of music she must have recorded and ready for release and we’re still with the narrative that she’s recording things last minute :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1. fortnight (with post malone)
2. the tortured poets department
3. my boy only breaks his favorite toys
4. down bad
5. so long, london
6. but daddy i love him
7. fresh out the slammer
8. florida (with florence & the machine)
9. guilty as sin
10. who’s afraid of little old me
11. i can fix him, no i really can
12. loml
13. i can do it with a broken heart
14. the smallest man who ever lived
15. the alchemy
16. clara bow
17. the bolter

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm a sucker for her synth pop sound but I'm really looking forward for this introspective era. She makes things so exciting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.