Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Wish we'd get a single soon :dancehall: I know she doesn't do that anymore but eh

• Like 1

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die 

:jonny4:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Also, can we just talk about how—going off the title—this is likely THE breakup album? :jonny:

The Tortured Man Club —> The Tortured Poet’s Department 

:jonny5:

Oh I think it's definitely aimed at Joe. The whole album probably isn't about him but this has a "all's fair in love and war" vibe.

We want an album with full of peace & happiness

• Like 2

It’s funny that swifties keep asking Taylor for an alt-rock album and she keeps on  telling us “no!” Nothing about the album cover gives alt-rock, so I don’t know why people are still predicting it as the genre. 

I think we’re getting more mature songs like Maroon, YLM, and TGW. Nothing too commercial or poppy like Anti-Hero, but still in the realm of synth-pop. The perfect blend of Folkmore and Midnights. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ALA said:

In addition to this, I really hope Taylor takes time to master Reputation correctly cause with 1989 girl :rip:

The botched 1989 tracks were max Martin produced, hence the huge difference. 

Most of rep’s popular tracks are antonoff produced, which will be upgraded or enhanced when to-created by anyone else 

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Oh I think it's definitely aimed at Joe. The whole album probably isn't about him but this has a "all's fair in love and war" vibe.

She even paraphrases that in the Instagram/Twitter caption, “all’s fair in love and poetry” :gaycat3: Honestly I’m a little surprised because the title is more blatant and direct as a reference than she’s done for a breakup since like Dear John. I guess she has a lot to say in the wake of that relationship, which I think has peeked out with little things like commenting on hiding away from the world and never getting those years back.

• Like 1

Speaking of producers, Arron dessner better be the main guy. Hopefully produced like 2-3 songs only. 

• Like 1

Hope this is more on the lines of FolkLORD and EverGOD not MIDflop

Terrible cover, looks like a Intimissimi ad. But curious for the sound of the album, although I won't keep my expectations high. Midnights photoshoot was such a good one and the standard version was mid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Okay, so after some analysis, I can confirm that The Tortured Poets Department is going to be...

A.) A more organic instrument-centered album. The "TTPD" logo is reminiscent of a brass instrument/horn, specifically the flugel horn. Like this:

horn-and-logo-comparison.png

The rumor of this record being synth-pop is false: 

B.) The aesthetic and visuals thus far suggest a dark academia theme.

C.) This is going to be a deeply personal singer-songwriter album; the title literally has "torture" in it and its songwriting is most likely to follow more lose structures rather than the verse 1 / pre-chorus / chorus / verse 2 / pre-chorus (2) / chorus (2) / bridge / chorus (3) structure we typically see across her songs. I'm sure we will have some like this but the majority won't be.

• Like 2

Took 4 hours for this shitty site to load but I'm totally gagged.........

zo4j0im.jpg

• Haha 7

She wrote You’re Losing Me two years ago 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

She even paraphrases that in the Instagram/Twitter caption, “all’s fair in love and poetry” :gaycat3: Honestly I’m a little surprised because the title is more blatant and direct as a reference than she’s done for a breakup since like Dear John. I guess she has a lot to say in the wake of that relationship, which I think has peeked out with little things like commenting on hiding away from the world and never getting those years back.

Yeah I think between Bejeweled, The Great War, You're Losing Me and the POTY interview, all the signs were there that we were going to get a Joe Alwyn cooking class on TS11.

The album title is just the final nail in the coffin. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Tonight I’m struggling with:

the feeling of knowing that there’s a Taylor Swift album out there that you haven’t heard yet and while that’s probably always true because of her incomprehensible work ethic it’s different now because you KNOW the album exists and are aware of it specifically but now you have to wait two and a half months until you hear it :jonny2:

• Like 2

the cover is giving the 1975 vibes - hoping some of those songs from last year make it 

Here's to hoping it's not another Folklore/Evermore/Reputation aka the bottom three trinity.

I secretly want another country album and was hoping for something more in the vein of Cruel Summer but I see she will continue to pay it dust (CS will have the last laugh as her biggest single and still with no MV). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

I really want this to be her 90s alt/Mazzy Star/Aimee Mann with some country touches era :alexz:

Edited by BloodLuster
  • Like 1

cover and the name sounds great, too bad i’m probably not going to like the music (just like all her albums after lover :toofunny2:)

Edited by hallucinate
  • Confused 1

Even though it couldn’t be more obvious but since the pre order description says it’s collectible so there will be more covers coming… I expect 4 versions just like Midnights and 1989 TV. 

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

Yeah I think between Bejeweled, The Great War, You're Losing Me and the POTY interview, all the signs were there that we were going to get a Joe Alwyn cooking class on TS11.

The album title is just the final nail in the coffin. 

honestly, I really do hope that Joe has a good support system because the backlash against him will be immense :doc:

still excited about the songs, but I hope that swifties don’t get weird about it

Edited by JoJo

this looks like a bait like midnights:toofunny3:

i hate that she keeps getting ignored for singles by the grammys

2 minutes ago, JoJo said:

honestly, I really do hope that Joe has a good support system because the backlash against him will be immense :doc:

still excited about the songs, but I hope that swifties don’t get weird about it

Since things were way tamer for the Speak Now TV release week than I expected, I’m personally hoping that the part of the fandom that actively harassed men that her work is perceived to be about has dwindled. It’s so strange to me when people lash out at these men, because we have to remember we’re only getting one side of the story and from someone we’re predisposed to like. There’s still another human being (who we do not know!) on the other end of things at the end of the day, and they deserve to be left alone. Thankfully for him, Joe seems to not be crazy active online.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What did Joe do to her to have an entire album written about him? I hope he's doing good and the Swifties won't come for him like they did with Jake.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.