Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

5 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Album art is black and white because it’s going to give folklore lyricism with reputa attitude:ryan3:

it's not black and white though, it's sepia?

• Replies 46.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I'm seeing the album as Lover Pt 2, but more artsy fartsy, & less ME! try hard :ryan3:

I have 0 hope tho. I have yet to hear a good Joe song from her:ryan3:

15 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

how are people already saying this? Are there snippets out? 

Nope. But since it's her first breakup album since Red + from what we already know, this album is going to have really good songwriting + she's probably going to the alt field again. I feel like this album is gonna be like best parts of Red + best parts of folklore, but well put together in terms of sound. 
I really hope there will be some rock moments on the album, that would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

it's not black and white though, it's sepia?

Close enough:ryan3:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I'm seeing the album as Lover Pt 2, but more artsy fartsy, & less ME! try hard :ryan3:

I have 0 hope tho. I have yet to hear a good Joe song from her:ryan3:

How in any way does this album give off Lover vibes at all

:clack:

• Thanks 2

Keep being confused, dear @Timeless, 1989 TV Vault being great won’t be erased. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Hacked trinity

oBN2ARY.pngTaylor_Swift_-_Lover.pngQSKJ8fC.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just need a quick little description to tide me over 🥲 surprised the insiders who heard midnights haven’t said anything yet

Ya'll underestimate the power of heartbroken Taylor Swift. She won't flop.
Like... She has never made a bad album. And even If you consider Lover bad, it's because of glitter gel pen puking all over it. TTPD is gonna be a good quality ANYWAY. Idc If I'm setting myself up, the quality is obvious and I don't see a reason to doubt her in this era. Joeover album would be a smash any way, but in the poetic folklorREDish style??? She's coming for our necks :ryan3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Timeless said:

How in any way does this album give off Lover vibes at all

Executive produced by Jack

Featuring Bell & Dukes

Lyrics majorly about Joe

Unexpected Male collab as lead

Y'all can look at the business woman's false aesthetics all u want, the FACTS are there:ryan3:

If we're going by the "Tracklist is a timeline" theory, then hopefully Jack only does the first 8 Joe songs, so i can get the last 8 Matty + Travis + Independent Woman songs done by Aaron :katie2:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Maroon legacy said:

Ya'll underestimate the power of heartbroken Taylor Swift. She won't flop.
Like... She has never made a bad album. And even If you consider Lover bad, it's because of glitter gel pen puking all over it. TTPD is gonna be a good quality ANYWAY. Idc If I'm setting myself up, the quality is obvious and I don't see a reason to doubt her in this era. Joeover album would be a smash any way, but in the poetic folklorREDish style??? She's coming for our necks :ryan3:

The problem with lover is it’s extremely camp but she never stated it was supposed to be. If she had said “it’s a fun campy pop album about love!” We would’ve ate it 

If she really does 5 variants and we have to buy 5 CD’s to own all of the bonus tracks  :rip: UGHHHHHHHH

GGdgwXpXAAAFIxc.jpg

The photoshoot is kinda mirroring Midnights and I really hope she isn't planning on dropping a sister album. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that the titles aren't giving big pop album, but you never know with her

12 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

The Hacked trinity

oBN2ARY.pngTaylor_Swift_-_Lover.pngQSKJ8fC.jpeg

ugh pls not another song that sounds like Mastermind/The Archer 5.0:suburban:

Edited by TaylenaStan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeroPoint said:

If she really does 5 variants and we have to buy 5 CD’s to own all of the bonus tracks  :rip: UGHHHHHHHH

idk why, but I had a feeling she was going to do something like this :rip:

The hate on reddit is RIDICULOUS!!! I mean EVERYONE doing this these days, and I mean EVERYONE!!!! JLO has more than 4 for an album that no one will buy, also Kacey or JT, and I don't want to start talking about Olivia or Billie with 15. Ariana new ones has 7. I mean why the hate?! how? 

This fandom is the worst, by far. Not one single good thing I've read for hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

GGdgwXpXAAAFIxc.jpg

The photoshoot is kinda mirroring Midnights and I really hope she isn't planning on dropping a sister album. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that the titles aren't giving big pop album, but you never know with her

Even If TTPD is a pop album, it's gonna have a lot more sad & heartbreaking songs, darker sound and lyrics that can cut glass :alexz2:

Why do we think frank is on this again? When did he last have a hit?

12 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

And even If you consider Lover bad, it's because of glitter gel pen puking all over it. 

I actually consider the ballads on Lover, & NYD on Rep to be WORSE than the Glitter gels :ryan3:

At least glitter gels are meant to be cringe. The fact she was trying to be serious on those ballads, & THATS all the emotion she could come up with? After the standard she set with all her previous ballads? I truly thought she had lost all her talent, which is why Folklore hit me extra hard. The non stop 1-2-3-4-5-6 punch of lyrical bombs, my arm hairs actually stood up with each track, cuz i could not believe she went from such basic uninspired katy perry ballads to lyrics better than on Red/SN  :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

ugh pls not another song that sounds like Mastermind/The Archer 5.0

wait... i can hear both of those being the sound of TTPD... :suburban:

• Thumbs Down 1

Also, the reason why TTPD and Midnights photoshoots are look alike is because you can't do something very different if you making photos in your bedroom :suburban:

• Haha 5

Tbh would not be surprised if she saw many of the swifties theorizing 70s soft rock influences / pop during midnights and decided “that’s a great idea!” And used it for this 

• Like 1

y’all care about what… redditors think? :toofunny3:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Even If TTPD is a pop album, it's gonna have a lot more sad & heartbreaking songs, darker sound and lyrics that can cut glass :alexz2:

I just hope it's....Red-pop instead of Midnights-pop in that case :gaycat6:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

so i can get the last 8 Matty + Travis + Independent Woman songs done by Aaron :katie2:

nightmare, literally a nightmare :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.