Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

9 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

GGdgwXpXAAAFIxc.jpg

The photoshoot is kinda mirroring Midnights and I really hope she isn't planning on dropping a sister album. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that the titles aren't giving big pop album, but you never know with her

:clack:

Nah, I don't think it's on purpose, this ***** probably only knows three poses and keeps redoing them. 

• Haha 11

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

GGdgwXpXAAAFIxc.jpg

It's the similar poses that convince me... is it fans trying to see things where there isn't... or is Miss Easter Eggs doing this on purpose 

Anyway false advertising confirmed

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

I just hope it's....Red-pop instead of Midnights-pop in that case :gaycat6:

I would've thought u would prefer more Midnight's pop tbh. 

Aesthetically it looks more like Mid, than 22 or IKYWT tho.

I still think it’s going to be a dream pop / shoegaze album influenced by 90s alt/ alt rock/ ala mazzy star or hatchie or suki Waterhouse … here’s to hoping 

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I just hope it's....Red-pop instead of Midnights-pop in that case :gaycat6:

I see it as Florence&TheMachine-pop

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

y’all care about what… redditors think? :toofunny3:

Really I've never saw so much hate in "fandom" forum. They needed to lock this one from hate and that's only the ******* second edition! what's wrong with that? When the others do that their fandom is excited, but there they are "now canceling also my first one!!!" comments all over. Hundreds of them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

GGdgwXpXAAAFIxc.jpg

The photoshoot is kinda mirroring Midnights and I really hope she isn't planning on dropping a sister album. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that the titles aren't giving big pop album, but you never know with her

I know cupcakes gonna call me a hater but her visual direction since 1989 has been really all over the place (ofc some career highlights like LWYMMD MV, Cardigan MV is actually perfect for the song etc) but i feel like her visuals could be so much better if she worked with different people.. like ***** you are Taylor Swift every person in the world would love to work with you and she pretty much has unlimited budget but we (mostly) get half assed MVs/visuals for years now :clack:

And again i dont think that the Midnights/TTPD photos are bad, they are alright but i know she could do so much better (especially in terms of MVs but sadly she keeps insisting on being a mediocre director)

Edited by TaylenaStan
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Tbh this album already feels more intimate … maybe that’s because she’s wearing less clothes/ is on her bed/ the sepia toning… def intentional … which makes me think it won’t be bombastic synth pop or bedroom pop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maroon legacy said:

Taylor, & especially Hack, doesn't have the range :clack:

• Like 1

This album is going to be rock influenced it's so obvious. From how candid the titles are and the features on the album. 

You all saying it's Lover 2.0 are going to be very embarrassed on April 19
 :suburban:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I still think it’s going to be a dream pop / shoegaze album influenced by 90s alt/ alt rock/ ala mazzy star or hatchie or suki Waterhouse … here’s to hoping 

i had an image of taylor swift laughing here bc this is so ridiculously specific and probably wrong, but then i realized it was from a creepy subreddit of women so removing it :( 

but i still think this is wrong

Edited by meredithbenson

1 minute ago, Timeless said:

This album is going to be rock influenced it's so obvious

u see now i would LOVE this, but:suburban:

Y'all really can't help yourselves but be dramatic ******* that are already cancelling her without having heard ****. Aren't y'all tired of doing that? :clack:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rock is kinda a fad I don’t want it :suburban:

I’m here for the live laugh love version of Fiona Apple 

• Thumbs Down 1

Ugh if this was TTPD's lead i would CREAM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

It's the similar poses that convince me... is it fans trying to see things where there isn't... or is Miss Easter Eggs doing this on purpose 

Anyway false advertising confirmed

I mean I do prefer the majority of Midnights over WANEGBT and 22, but I meant the entire Red album not just the Max singles

7 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

I know cupcakes gonna call me a hater but her visual direction since 1989 has been really all over the place (ofc some career highlights like LWYMMD MV, Cardigan MV is actually perfect for the song etc) but i feel like her visuals could be so much better if she worked with different people.. like ***** you are Taylor Swift every person in the world would love to work with you and she pretty much has unlimited budget but we (mostly) get half assed MVs/visuals for years now :clack:

And again i dont think that the Midnights/TTPD photos are bad, they are alright but i know she could do so much better (especially in terms of MVs but sadly she keeps insisting on being a mediocre director)

Hmm I can't agree with 100% because I personally believe folklore, evermore & Midnights were her fantastic photoshoots and her best overall with Red. But I do think that she could benefit a lot from working with other names, especially when it comes to music videos. Nothing truly HIT me since Look outside of a few gorgeous moments (cardigan, willow, Anti-Hero)

7 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

We can only pray :jonny5:

Edited by State of Grace.

4 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Wdym? He made Dance Fever :alexz2:

9 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Not you quoting STATE OF GRACE and being surprised they prefer Red songs :deadbanana2:

(also agrihd, my deepest wish is for this album to be a mature Red if we’re not getting any major shakeups in her sound) 

we got catfished by midnights photoshoot BUT the album cover fits the vibe imo. and i think most, if not all, of her album covers do match the albums' sounds. so where are people getting this rock/arctic monkeys/shoegaze ideas from??  the furthest genre from pop that this could possibly go is soft indie rock

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Nope. But since it's her first breakup album since Red + from what we already know, this album is going to have really good songwriting + she's probably going to the alt field again. I feel like this album is gonna be like best parts of Red + best parts of folklore, but well put together in terms of sound. 
I really hope there will be some rock moments on the album, that would be amazing.

Omg yes I need a full album of Could've Would've Should've. Imagine taylor releasing her versions of My Happy Ending or Nobody's Home. I need a dramatic soft-rock album from her.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952p5ysjlgidw8ng8bni9zeuxcd3jz8n45iugdk81hn&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

8 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

girl Jack produced the album which includes the song you just posted :rip:

• Haha 7

Just now, MidnightsAtPeace said:

jack haters get lost in their hatred :rip:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Wdym? He made Dance Fever :alexz2:

I hate Dance Fever :clack: the only songs i did like weren't his :deadbanana2: And i didn't know he did those songs until later, so it wasn't even personal bias :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Not you quoting STATE OF GRACE and being surprised they prefer Red songs :deadbanana2:

(also agrihd, my deepest wish is for this album to be a mature Red if we’re not getting any major new genre) 

sdfghjkl cuz i thought he meant Max'd pop, cuz i know he stans Jack  :clack:

We’re so preoccupied with ending her relationship with Hack but the REAL enemy here is Beth Garrabrant, her photographer.

imagine if she worked with Petra Collins or someone else with a more interesting eye (or reunited with Mert & Marcus:gaycat4:)

6 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

5 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

jack haters get lost in their hatred :rip:

I hated the album girl. And Jack literally did not touch My Love :rip:

15 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

y’all care about what… redditors think? :toofunny3:

Taylor’s Reddit “fanbase” is by far the weirdest, whiniest music fanbase I’ve ever seen in my life. 50% are people who hate her but spend egregious amounts of time LARPing as “skeptical, disappointed fans :/“ and most of the other half just follow the herd of whatever the narrative of the day is. Very weird behavior. On the plus side, if they cancel their copies of the album, then someone else will get to buy that copy anyway :heart:

• Like 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.