• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

42 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

1. mirrorball

11/10s: coronation orb is a discography highlight to end all discography highlights, I think I might put it in the top 5 of her entire discography. There's something about the shimmering guitars and production choices that makes it sound like a Beatles song that's made the trip to and back from Heaven after receiving God's blessing.

Well I mean, I think that says all that needs to be said, mystery solved, case closed :celestial6:

Of course I'd personally love it if BDILH managed to be even better, but that's a pretty tall order. Some days, once in a while on a warm summer afternoon driving through the trees on a quiet road, I actually think Mirrorball might be her best song. It's just absolutely perfect. The way she sings "hush" will live rent-free in my mind until I die.

This album - and I say this as someone who is tentatively very excited for it! - would seriously be lucky to have a single song as good as Mirrorball.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Well I mean, I think that says all that needs to be said, mystery solved, case closed :celestial6:

Of course I'd personally love it if BDILH managed to be even better, but that's a pretty tall order. Some days, once in a while on a warm summer afternoon driving through the trees on a quiet road, I actually think Mirrorball might be her best song. It's just absolutely perfect. The way she sings "hush" will live rent-free in my mind until I die.

This album - and I say this as someone who is tentatively very excited for it! - would seriously be lucky to have a single song as good as Mirrorball.

Ugh, I love to see everyone stanning mirrorball, it really is that perfect :cries:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Your mind, it amazes me sometimes SVHT1.gif

I just love what you say SVHT1.gif

This is exactly what I love about mirrorball, summarized and qualified. It's ethereal and hazy and feels like you've been out in the sun for just a bit too long as you're sitting in the car on the way home. Her voice is slightly distant in the mix (like how older songs tend to be) but it's still right there and is far more intimate than would otherwise be expected. Of all of Taylor's discography, mirrorball is the song that sounds the most like it's just you and her and a guitar and wine and candles in a one on one performance. I've said before that this is the closest Taylor has come to making a classic (read: non-LSD) Beatles song, and dare I say does that concept more than its due justice SVHT1.gif

Also, we would be incredibly lucky as consumers if Taylor ever deigned to step back into this sonic palette again, I hope she gives it serious thought every time she hangs out with Paul ******* McCartney SVHT1.gif

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 5

We are officially only 22 days away from TTPD and it's been 52 days since the wait for TTPD started.

I can't do this anymore though

spacer.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

1. You Belong With Me

2. mirrorball

3. I Think He Knows

(4. But Daddy, I Love Him)

4. 22

5. Look What You Made Me Do

6. Midnight Rain

7. no body, no crime

8. Shake It Off

9. Mean

10. The Outside

I think it's time I share that I am extremely excited for this album.

#1 for the most influential artist of the 2020s to be releasing an album with a faceless and sexy black and white album cover is extremely cool.

#2 The album title is iconic, while I think Poets Torturing Dead People should have been considered :cm: I still really live for this album title.

mirrorball

But Daddy I Love Him

You Belong With Me

LWYMMD

I Think He Knows

Shake it Off 

Mean
The Outside

Midnight Rain

NB,NC

I also have a feeling that I am going to love the sound of this album. I have a gut feeling.

• Like 1

It's giving 50 Shades of Grey, it's giving sitting in your room for days and hours at a time writing raps.

AOTY rankings

1. thesaurus entries

2. Fearlegend

3. 19KT9

gap

4. MIDnights (ages worse and worse the more I rewatch The Eras Tour (Taylor's Version))

ezgif-7-536ffeec14.gif?ex=6614cbc7&is=66

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

AOTY rankings

1. thesaurus entries

2. Fearlegend

3. 19KT9

gap

4. MIDnights (ages worse and worse the more I rewatch The Eras Tour (Taylor's Version))

Mushrooms is her best album this decade and you will deal. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

mirrorball

You Belong with Me

I Think He Knows

———————————-

no body, no crime

Midnight Rain

Look What You Made Me Do

The Outside

Shake It Off

———————————

But Daddy I Love Him :dancehall:

Mean

No hype

No preorder track

No Midnights mayhem

No lead single

Tour pause

Her streams are dropping 

Swifties are writing long ass eassys to rank the song they haven't even heard 

It's over now. It's time to go 

So glad I am a Taylor fan because I don't have to worry about getting covers of overplayed songs. :gaylorcat2:

It's like some of you are new to being Swifties 

:khalyan:

• Haha 4

Honestly it wouldn't feel right to have an album era without delusions, rankings, and meltdowns on the daily. Thank you Taylor, truly. I get more of a buzz from people claiming there is no hype than I would get from any actual promo attempting to generate hype.

• Like 3

I'm not going to waste my time ranking Track 6's because outside of Mirrorball, YBWM, and maaaaybe Midnight Rain none of them are actually that great. They all range from fine to decent, mildly enjoyable at best. 

You will be hearing from my lawyers btw @Dear Reader, the Tortured Ranking Department is copyrighted and you are guilty of infringement.

Spoiler

jk  I love that u adopted it 

• Haha 3

RELEASE THE TRACK LENGTHS

• Like 6

I am standing in a 1950s gymnasium asking for promo!

• Haha 3

Manifesting I Can Do It With a Broken Heart sounding like something like this (sonically and lyrically)

• Like 2

The Tortured Poets Department is gonna be the first part of a trilogy called "Department", while the other two parts (TS12 and TS13) will be out by the end of year, one in August and the other in November.

Department I: The Tortured Poets Department 

Department II: The Horny Lovers Department 

Department III: The Dead Historians Department 

Both rep TV and debut TV will also come out this year (Rep in September and Debut in December)

She has also filmed 24 new music videos, 20 of those videos are for TTPD songs while the other 4 are for rep TV and debut TV. She will soon film the music videos for THLD and TDHD and squeeze in her engagement video in one of them as her offical engagement announcement. She has also been secretly working on her film which will come out in December, on her birthday. She has a lot to tell you on the 9 late night shows which she's scheduled to be a part of on TTPD's release week. :giraffe:

• Haha 1

She will start teasing once they off this damn vacation :gaycat6:

Also she is probably respectfully ignoring this week as its beyonce release week but girl next week also be all about beyonce too:gaycat6:

22 days left

spacer.png

unpopular opinion: 22 is in top 5 most popular song by Taylor and people will start calling her "the 22 singer" in 2222

:ryan3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.