Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

7 hours ago, Fama said:

She wrote The Lucky One way before Joe. She has a hate-love relationship with the fame. I think it depends on her mood. When she feels good, she doesn't mind the fans, but when she feels low she hates the pressure. It's honestly a miracle that she is still so sane after so many years under extreme pressure, especially considering she got famous as a teenager. It's extremely rare that she seems to be stable and she can handle all this ****. And a honorable mention for Travis Kelce, because joining her world at this level and doing it so smoothy is quite impressive.

6 hours ago, Lille said:

This is how I see it as well, good days and bad days.

She has said many times that she doesn't want to complain about it because this is the life she chose and dreamed about growing up, but you can tell it does get to her at times.

yeah the reason she still function normally is thanks to her surrounding people (mainly her mom) and also because she herself always wanted to be famous at young age and she is doing everything to make it happen. Compare to most other child stars who literally abused by parents (Britney, Lindsay, Bieber...) 

And love that after all these years she is still somewhat enjoy her insane fame which leads to the need to make her release an event and she still feels like she can do more and more for us.

Its refreshing and more fun for us fan compare to the other girlie who hates fame so much after a while.

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don’t have this same issue, but I get it because I DO have a massive issue with how Taylor sings/says the first “I” in the rerecording of Holy Ground even though I know it shouldn’t matter :chick3:

Oh yeah I've heard that one too, glad I'm not crazy :deadbanana4:

For the most part, I've successfully moved past the changes, but there are a few that still just don't quite work. To counterbalance, I will say that her correcting the god-awful pronunciation of 'eyers' in "I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standing there" about 20 seconds into Love Story singlehandedly makes Fearless TV the re-recording with the most improvement over the original plus she's not like a whole note flat on the first Romeo in the chorus on the TV :deadbanana4:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

• The second half of the second verse of “Daylight” is a bit unnecessary and feels out of place.

Imo that part of Daylight was needed to break off the "monotony" of the song, and spice the song a bit. I think the sudden melody switch works!

I don't think there will be a pre-album single because she doesn't need it to hype up the album, just like with Midnights, where expectations are so sky high that anything less than one of her best songs ever could actually hurt the first week sales (which ironically "Anti-Hero" was and as such would've actually worked as a pre-album single).

It's smarter to just let it come out, have 2-3 videos ready for the most obvious hits, and whatever smashes hardest can then be sent to radios along with the video.

Edited by MatiRod
  • Like 1

I wonder if we'll get another variant of the album today, as of now the Sydney show is delayed anyway...

5 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

I wonder if we'll get another variant of the album today, as of now the Sydney show is delayed anyway...

It started 20 minutes ago. 

It's just Sabrina's part that was cut. Taylor started a mere 15 minutes late. 

Edited by Klein

5 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

she’s already on stage. she’s on Lover. we’ll know in about 2 hours if there’s a new announcement or not

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

she’s already on stage. she’s on Lover. we’ll know in about 2 hours if there’s a new announcement or not

I think we'll know during the Champagne Problems speech at the latest. Everytime she's announced something during the surprise songs she alluded to it earlier in the show to be sure we're all tuned in (Speak Now TV during the Lover speech, 1989 TV by changing her outfits to blue, the first variant in the Champagne Problem's speech). 

• Like 1

Well the store is out so we know it's coming today. :dies:

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

I think we'll know during the Champagne Problems speech at the latest. Everytime she's announced something during the surprise songs she alluded to it earlier in the show to be sure we're all tuned in (Speak Now TV during the Lover speech, 1989 TV by changing her outfits to blue, the first variant in the Champagne Problem's speech). 

i’d say it’s confirmed just now 

• Like 1

New variant is coming... :jonnycat:

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Yeah I saw that too :WAP:

Can't wait to see which song she'll associate with the album announcement. You're Losing Me last week was unhinged. 

Just now, Klein said:

Yeah I saw that too :WAP:

Can't wait to see which song she'll associate with the album announcement. You're Losing Me last week was unhinged. 

White Horse - announcement - illicit affairs 

:wave:

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

White Horse - announcement - illicit affairs 

:wave:

What about announcement into Should've Said No :coffee:

Does this mean the lead single announcement is happening today? :redface:

8 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Yeah, I saw it... OK so we're getting today and Singapore also. I wonder if there is gonna be also a Target one, or it will be just one of the "special" editions that will be announced. 

If that “5 stages of grief theory” is somehow correct, we will get Bargaining today. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

Does this mean the lead single announcement is happening today? :redface:

No. It's just going to be another variant. 

I'm 99.99999999999% sure there will be no lead single. 

• Like 1

Just now, omrimayo said:

Yeah, I saw it... OK so we're getting today and Singapore also. I wonder if there is gonna be also a Target one, or it will be just one of the "special" editions that will be announced. 

well technically she’s doing 2 weekends in Singapore so she might announce 2 more atp, who knows?

Just now, Dear Reader said:

well technically she’s doing 2 weekends in Singapore so she might announce 2 more atp, who knows?

I doubt it, but who knows...

Can't wait for the new "You don't get to tell me about sad" thing :alexz2:

3 surprise songs, 1 of them with Sabrina AND new variant announcement. Sydney is winning :WAP:

1 minute ago, Maroon legacy said:

Can't wait for the new "You don't get to tell me about sad" thing :alexz2:

For now

"I love you, it's ruining my life" > "You don't get to tell me about sad"

Wonder where the new variant will rank. :coffee2:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

If that “5 stages of grief theory” is somehow correct, we will get Bargaining today. 

spacer.png

I think, we miss one :alexz2:
Emma Stone Smile GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.