Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

my friend Eliana accidentally heard what may be a leak of Fortnite on tiktok last night and i asked her what it sounded like and i’ll tell y’all what she said in the spoiler 

Spoiler

“it sounds kind of like The Weeknd and 1989 had a baby”

so take that as you will y’all :mandown:

• Replies 48.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

6 minutes ago, Fama said:

She wrote The Lucky One way before Joe. She has a hate-love relationship with the fame. I think it depends on her mood. When she feels good, she doesn't mind the fans, but when she feels low she hates the pressure. It's honestly a miracle that she is still so sane after so many years under extreme pressure, especially considering she got famous as a teenager. It's extremely rare that she seems to be stable and she can handle all this ****. And a honorable mention for Travis Kelce, because joining her world at this level and doing it so smoothy is quite impressive.

This is how I see it as well, good days and bad days.

She has said many times that she doesn't want to complain about it because this is the life she chose and dreamed about growing up, but you can tell it does get to her at times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fama said:

She wrote The Lucky One way before Joe. She has a hate-love relationship with the fame. I think it depends on her mood. When she feels good, she doesn't mind the fans, but when she feels low she hates the pressure. It's honestly a miracle that she is still so sane after so many years under extreme pressure, especially considering she got famous as a teenager. It's extremely rare that she seems to be stable and she can handle all this ****. And a honorable mention for Travis Kelce, because joining her world at this level and doing it so smoothy is quite impressive.

She probably have a great psychologist + her family is always with her, they're her team. 
But the other thing I'm curious about is.. why there are no songs about this when she got much more bigger? She wasn't an A+ star when she wrote The Lucky One. She could've easily put the song about fame on Midnights If it tortures her, but she.. didn't? Billie made a lot on this theme (Getting Older, Overheated, Not My Responsibility), Lorde made Solar Power and there's more examples.
Taylor is known for her talent to make music which is very personal, but every average girl next door can relate to. But the song about fame (especially that level of fame) is something that fans would understand, but could not relate and put it on their life. Is it really that deep and she refuses to write songs that can't be relatable to masses, cause it's off-brand or am I just delusional? Who knows :ducky:

Edited by Maroon legacy

1 hour ago, =NEX= said:

If Taylor suddenly stopped releasing music right this moment, which of her albums would chart the highest 5/10/15/20 years from now? 

Hint: Not Reputation :ryan3:

1. 1989

2. Lover

3. Folklore

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

my friend Eliana accidentally heard what may be a leak of Fortnite on tiktok last night and i asked her what it sounded like and i’ll tell y’all what she said in the spoiler 

Reveal hidden contents

“it sounds kind of like The Weeknd and 1989 had a baby”

so take that as you will y’all :mandown:

it’s probably the AI snippet every person is sharing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

it’s probably the AI snippet every person is sharing

oh people are doing that? it was of Fortnight world

If there were real leaks they would be taken down immediately. On all big social media platforms this is done automatically. If you heard a leak of an upcoming major label artist song on social media, it's not real

Edited by Dephira

2 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

She probably have a great psychologist + her family is always with her, they're her team. 
But the other thing I'm curious about is.. why there was no songs about this when she got much more bigger? She wasn't an A+ star when she wrote The Lucky One. She could've easily put the song about fame on Midnights If it tortures her, but she.. didn't? Billie made a lot on this theme (Getting Older, Overheated, Not My Responsibility), Lorde made Solar Power and there's more examples.
Taylor is known for her talent to make music which is very personal, but every average girl next door can relate to. But the song about fame (especially that level of fame) is something that fans would understand, but could not relate and put it on their life. Is it really that deep and she refuses to write songs that can't be relatable to masses, cause it's off-brand or am I just delusional? Who knows :ducky:

She wrote Reputation for a reason and she was hiding in 2016-2017-2018 and for good reason. I remember those years all too well. I hated it so much because the undeserved hate. She got out of hiding in 2019, but then the pandemic happened. After that Joe didn't want to leave the bubble so they both got stuck. Fame wasn't the problem when she wrote Midnights, I think she just wanted her freedom back. It's pretty easy to understand Taylor. When she feels good she wants to shine and when she feels bad she wants to hide. And sometimes she still tries to shine because she has a huge team that depends on her, but you can tell she wants to hide. She's only a human.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

She probably have a great psychologist

She famously said that she’s never had a therapist because she “feels very sane.” :eddie:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fama said:

She wrote Reputation for a reason and she was hiding in 2016-2017-2018 and for good reason. I remember those years all too well. I hated it so much because the undeserved hate. She got out of hiding in 2019, but then the pandemic happened. After that Joe didn't want to leave the bubble so they both got stuck. Fame wasn't the problem when she wrote Midnights, I think she just wanted her freedom back. It's pretty easy to understand Taylor. When she feels good she wants to shine and when she feels bad she wants to hide. And sometimes she still tries to shine because she has a huge team that depends on her, but you can tell she wants to hide. She's only a human.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

56 minutes ago, Dephira said:

1. 1989

2. Lover

3. Folklore

replace Lover with Midnights

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Omg I wish (and hope)

8 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

When Cruel Summer and Lover lose some steam, it will be Maroon's time to shine

1 hour ago, Maroon legacy said:

But the other thing I'm curious about is.. why there are no songs about this when she got much more bigger? She wasn't an A+ star when she wrote The Lucky One. She could've easily put the song about fame on Midnights If it tortures her, but she.. didn't? Billie made a lot on this theme (Getting Older, Overheated, Not My Responsibility), Lorde made Solar Power and there's more examples.

Well, Midnight Rain has fame as one of the motifs. Marjorie hints at her career through her grandmother’s lens albeit indirectly though. Clara Bow will have to do something with the topic I guess. 
Also, substitute for career can be fame to some degree. Both puth pressure, stress, take time, it’s just that famous career is under eyes of many more people, which is why I think even fame-centered songs would work, because it’s not Piece of Me fame thing, it is still more along lines of “normal” career, at least the way she approaches it in her music. 

Edited by Lemon

Mirrorball and Sweet Nothing share that anxiety due to potential or even impending ending in different areas. New magical pair. :heart:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Taylor still does write about her relationship with fame, just more obliquely.

Mirrorball is about balancing a desperate need for fame and attention with crippling insecurity (“I’ve never been a natural, all I do is try try try” - which might be the most revealing line she’s ever written).

Dear Reader is about the pressure she feels to be a good role model in an intense spotlight (“you should find another guiding light, but I shine so bright”).

Songs like Midnight Rain also address it (what kind of life she could have led had she not been famous etc) a little bit.

I hope Tortured Poets delves into the topic more directly, though - I do think a fear of not being “relatable” may be playing into it.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Tusk said:

Manifesting this as Down Bad

I REALLY want more horny Taylor songs. I hope we get at least five. They're some of her best!

3rd TTPD album variant reveal tonight during the The Eras Tour Sydney day 1

TTPD lead single and music video announcement during the The Eras Tour Sydney day 4

7 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Gary sounds awful on the rerecording of The Last Scripture, but the guitar solo and added harmonies/production elements sound absolutely divine. A song, why do critics hate it? 

Is it because the outro is unapologetically lifted from Chasing Cars (which isn’t shocking since the same guy produced both)?

:suburban:

Regarding iconic Taylor ballads and TTPD; does anyone else expect something very similar to The Alcott on the record? I can’t decide if So Long, London will be a gorgeous piano ballad that explodes with electric guitars or a slow, lush piano ballad a la The Alcott or Tolerate It, but I’m honestly here for either. Anyway, I really hope there’s a song on the album that sounds like The Alcott. And please no more TLGAD/LSS/Renegade rehashes (as much as I love all three of those, don’t get me wrong), I need some totally new productions from Aaron :kitty:

I hadn't considered this as a possibility but now that you mention it, I think I'd sacrifice my first born for this :ryan3:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Gary sounds awful on the rerecording of The Last Scripture, but the guitar solo and added harmonies/production elements sound absolutely divine. A song, why do critics hate it? 

See I've always been immensely turned off by The Lord's Time because Gary sang the word "door" differently in the first line and it reeeeally bothers me for some stupid reason :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Migs30283 said:

3rd TTPD album variant reveal tonight during the The Eras Tour Sydney day 1

TTPD lead single and music video announcement during the The Eras Tour Sydney day 4

Me when I’m delusional 

• Confused 2

Anyone still thinking there will be a pre-release lead single after she said “I can’t wait for you to hear all the songs on April 19th” last week :redface:

• Like 5

I highly doubt there will be a pre-release lead single this March, but not yet confirmed.

7 hours ago, Sweeftie13 said:

The love songs on Reputation ruin the album and should have been used for Lover

the love songs make the album what it is though :deadbanana: imagine an album with 15 TIWWCHNT / IDSBs... no thanks

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

See I've always been immensely turned off by The Lord's Time because Gary sang the word "door" differently in the first line and it reeeeally bothers me for some stupid reason :deadbanana4:

I don’t have this same issue, but I get it because I DO have a massive issue with how Taylor sings/says the first “I” in the rerecording of Holy Ground even though I know it shouldn’t matter :chick3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.