Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

11 minutes ago, Squall said:

Why don't they restock the vinyl variants? They are losing sales it's dumb af

I'm thinking they sold whatever they could in the "window" and shipped the rest to record stores. They might actually be sold out. 

• Replies 46.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, TheGreatMrY said:

I'm thinking they sold whatever they could in the "window" and shipped the rest to record stores. They might actually be sold out. 

You can't find any of them in France while you still can buy the Midnights ones :dies: 

@Klein

I don't want to give up evermore as my fav but your post has me thinking. 

This.is.serious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

@Klein

I don't want to give up evermore as my fav but your post has me thinking. 

This.is.serious.

Gotta admit that I've thought about it since release day but wanted to wait until the hype from release has faded...

Spoiler

And the only thing it did is make me TTPD even more each day :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Peter, The Bolter and Robin are pretty good too

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Squall said:

You can't find any of them in France while you still can buy the Midnights ones :dies: 

Is this bad for her debut in France or has her demand there just grown? :suburban:

Just now, Hunter_13 said:

Is this bad for her debut in France or has her demand there just grown? :suburban:

I think she is doing more than 1989 TV but still, you can find the CD variants (I bought one today) but there is only the standard vinyl :dies: 

2 hours ago, bxtbxt9797 said:

SEA listeners care far more about melodies than anything else, which aren't the focus for this album.

2 hours ago, TayDine1989 said:

And yeah, Filipinos love nostalgia, ballad, romantic songs. My friends often say they love the "old" Taylor a.k.a. country Pre-Red era Taylor. U get me

Vietnamese here, and i can confirm these are very true. Her melody game on the previous pop and country records (from Fearless to 1989 specifically) was honestly top notch and the main reason why we SEA stans fell in love with her in the first place. As much as we like to brag about her exceptional songwriting ability when it comes to crafting lyrics, it's not the whole package of what makes a Taylor Swift song instantly appealing to a predominantly non-English speaking population. Language barrier in the context of consuming music is a very real thing.

That being said, despite a lack of strong melody/hooks on TTPD, it's far from being "boring" or one-note as many like to pretend. 31 songs is A LOT to digest all at once tho, which is a valid point to make. I feel just like with Folklore/Evermore, in time people will come around to appreciate this album more once they have spent enough time with it. It's the kind of album that gets progressively better with each listen (a reverse MIDnights experience at least for me :foxaylove3:)

• Like 9

Release So High School as a single in September for the next NFL season.

Truth, dare, spin bottles
You know how to ball, I know Aristotle
Brand-new, full throttle
Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto

vlQ0pOC.gif

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Klein said:

After sitting with the album for nearly a week now, I can say that this is my favorite album from her, and by a long shot.

The lyricism is just truly next level. The first part of the album is a nod to her style in her early days (up to Red), where you could feel the writing was very cathartic. Throughout the first half of the album she's really in the thick of it, just lashing out. On the second part, she adopts the type of lyricism that is more present in the second half of her career, something that is more about processing the emotion, understanding them, rather than living them directly. To me, this album is in two part but I would never consider the project like 2 separate albums. One part is about expressing the emotions how she lived through them, and the second part about processing them. It's truly brilliant. 

Melodically, I can't help but constantly having another song playing in my head. Everything is just so catchy and memorable. Special mention to My Boy, Florida, Fresh Out The Slammer, Down Bad, So Long London, The Alchemy and Guilty As Sin on part 1, and The Black Dog, The Albatross, CoSoSoM, So High School (!!!!), I Hate It Here, thanK you aIMee and The Bolter on the second part. All these songs are popping in my head randomly and constantly. A blessing. 

Production-wise, this is a moment most pleasing to me. The second part of the album is not anything new, but it's just beautiful, and serve the songs perfectly. Aaron we love you. Part 1 is very interesting to me. The first 3/4 track are really acting as a bridge between Midnights and TTPD, but from So Long London onwards, there's a lot happening in the production and it clearly draws influence from many type of sounds. Fresh Out The Slammer, Florida and Guilty As Sin might have some of the finest moments production wise on the record. And obviously, the masterpiece of the album, Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me that sounds so EPIC. 

Overall, I think I'm naturally drawn to part 2 more musically. Like these are the songs that I'm gonna have on REPEAT. But the sound of part 1, and the songwriting is general, feels so exciting that I can't outright say that I prefer one part over the other. They clearly complement each other perfectly and I love that. 

So basically, evermore, I'm sorry. You've had a good run, but it's time to accept you've lost the title of best Taylor Swift album. You will be deeply missed, but never forgotten as the OG legend.  

I can't wait to witness this album live, it is going to be EPIC. Once again, thank you Taylor for blessing us with this. :heart:

Oh youre absolutely right and you should say it.

Cassandra's melody is stuck in my head all the time. Ha power :WAP:

• Like 1

From the OCC. UK

Today's sales flash (April 23), shows The Tortured Poets Department to have shifted in excess of 220,000 units in the UK in just three days. Comparatively, Midnights managed a seven-day total of 204,000 on its release in 2022.

Edited by CherryBay
  • Like 1

Btw @Squall just prepare cause Billboard will make a similar rule in the next weeks- months. 

With these stable numbers a 31 tracks album from Taylor Swift, especially with Summer coming, It's Building to stay at #1 for "some time" (:chick1:). 

See how some people in the industry will force  them to change rules.

Edited by vale9001

Just now, vale9001 said:

Btw @Squall just prepare cause Billboard will make a similar rule in the next weeks- months. 

With these stable numbers a 31 tracks album from Taylor Swift, especially with Summer coming, It's Building to stay at #1 for "some time" (:chick1:). 

See how people in the industry will force to them to change.

I don't think so honestly, the Billboard chart is pretty open in comparison with the messy ones all over the world (another example would be the ones excluding « old » albums like France, Spain, NZ)

Songs that will be added to my May playlist 100%:

Down Bad

Fresh Out the Slammer

Florida!!!

Guilty as Sin?

loml

The Alchemy 

The Black Dog

imgonnagetyouback

The Albatross

I Hate It Here

I Look in People's Windows

The Prophecy

The Bolter

In bold are my faves 10/10 :gaycat1:

Others might get a few spins here and there

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

See how people in the industry will force to them to change.

Yet with wallen's top 10 residency…

Fortnight is SMASHING on YouTube :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Dear Reader said:

welcome :heart:

and well, yes!

thank you, those who get it get it :heart2:

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I keep going back to watch it on loop, I've never had this happen to me for an MV in YEARS. There's just something about this one. :WAP:

5 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Posty looking hot during the telephone boot scene's impact! 

• Haha 2

Florida!!! - GAS? - WAOLOM? is my current 1-2-3 punch. :WAP:

The superiority of these songs with punctuation marks :giraffe:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Wow. I'd never seen this before. Totally adds new context to Taylor performing at the Grammys with Stevie Nicks either while she was dating John or immediately after breaking up with him. :soda: 

Now that you say it, the Grammy performance was when they were still dating. And Stevie famously said this in her defense after the critics (I'm looking at you Bob Lesfetz) destroyed Taylor for the performance 

When I first got the call from Taylor Swift about performing with her at this year's Grammy Awards, I really didn't want to do it. She's 20 years old, 5 ft. 11 in. and slender; I'm 40 years older and, to be frank, neither of the other two things! I was not about to stand next to this girl on national television. But her little face just lights up like a star, and I couldn't say no.

Taylor reminds me of myself in her determination and her childlike nature. It's an innocence that's so special and so rare. This girl writes the songs that make the whole world sing, like Neil Diamond or Elton John. She sings, she writes, she performs, she plays great guitar. Taylor can do ballads that could be considered pop or rock and then switch back into country. When I turned 20 years old, I had just made the serious decision to never be a dental assistant. Taylor just turned 20, and she's won four Grammys.

I still walk around singing her song "Today Was a Fairytale." All of us girls want that boy to pick us up and think that we look beautiful even though we're in jeans and clogs. We want it at 14, and we want it at 60. Taylor is writing for the universal woman and for the man who wants to know her. The female rock-'n'-roll-country-pop songwriter is back, and her name is Taylor Swift. And it's women like her who are going to save the music business.

So clearly Taylor personally approached Stevie for the performance. And we know Stevie and John had been friends by this point already. So now I'm convinced that he's the one that put them in touch and made the performance happen :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really think Red's crown is slipping for me. There's so much nostalgia attached to Red, but there are also some big skips (looking at you Stay Stay Stay). 

I can listen to the entirety of TTPD:TA without wanting to immediately hit skip on anything. :jonnycat:

How Did It End? is actually so sad. Such a gorgeous song

JQ4DFMrlBlhFXMNF3D.webp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justin. said:

I can listen to the entirety of TTPD:TA without wanting to immediately hit skip on anything. :jonnycat:

Not a single song compels me to skip yet :jonnycat: Even folklore and evermore had at least 2 songs that I removed from my regular rotation by this point :giraffe:

How tf did she make a 31 track skipless album :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.