Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

Actually, with folklore she started mixing songs about herself with fictional songs and even though Midnights wasn't fictional, it's still not clear what these songs are about. Like.. Great War might me a rep era memory or a history of some crack in their relationship. Labyrinth might be a song about new love or about starting to love that person again. Midnight Rain is about Joe or not? The fact that we though YLM was a new song, but it turned out it was originally written before their final official breakup. Midnights is actually NOT clear. 
And I wonder will this new album spill the tea just how she did on her pre-folklore albums, or is it gonna be "try and guess" again. 'Cause now it feels like she's constantly writing and putting out new material, but have no time to decide what she wants to say and what she wants to keep for herself. The fact that she was "keeping this album a secret for 2 years" makes me think that she wrote it not after, but AT THE SAME TIME as she was writing Midnights. She needed Midnights as a big comeback pop album and she made it. Now she can say whatever she wanted to say.
I think this album's gonna be more experimental, but not too much. I think in terms of the sound and melodies it's gonna be or
1)worse than evermore (like REALLY poetic and not so much about music, something like Mitski or some Lana's stuff), or
2) other way around, more pop version of folklore, something's like Adele or pop side of Lana. 
Since Midnights promo compaign with 70s vibe we know that it's hard to guess what exactly she's gonna give us. This cover and description is givng Good Riddance by Gracy Abrams (which is recycled folklore vibe). With folklore she kinda popularized more indie sound and gave all these small artists a wave of popularity and now it seems, she's back when this niche is at it's peak. Good for her.

Edited by Maroon legacy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 47.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

Personally, the vibes the project gives me are basically this performance

yeah like, im definitely expecting the more wordy folkmore lyricism + less commercial appeal, but i feel like this album is gonna be much more electronic than ppl are expecting :lakitu:

I'm guessing when she says the last 2 years she doesn't mean the album has been done for awhile.... but if this was done when Midnights was released... that would be insane

Could this woman let us breathe? Tayawn, go on holidays for 4 years, you deserved it sweetie. Stop spamming mediocre albums.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 18

20 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

The Collector's Edition CD being sold out already :rip: 

just for it to be available afterwards anyways sksksks :rip:

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

almost 10M likes on instagram :deadbanana4:

It reached 10M now. And I just checked, Midnights announcement IG post "only" got 8M likes :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Midnight Rain is about Joe or not? 

I think Midnight Rain is about her early boyfriend back when she was in high school.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Midnight Rain is about Joe or not?

Midnight Rain is about a boyfriend she had in high school before she became famous. 

• Like 1

What kind of genre will this be? 
I know people will come for me, but I really hope this is not going to be another folklore/evermore. 
I need her to return to country and serve us those heartbreaking country ballads again :weeps:

hope it’s alt rock :duca: 

I personally hope You're Losing Me is a good hint to what the album is going to sound like, especially since it's a song that is completely fitting the very vague idea we have of the record so far :jonny4:

• Like 4

Her alt rock era :clap3: 

• Like 1

Very sensual cover

I am actually surprised (altho she has been experimenting a bit)

I kind of expect her to give some Lana Del Rey vibes, given that she has hanged out with her so much..

maybe even that Sabrina Carpenter (by the cover)?

but at the same time, I think she might abandon the era soon after release:dies:

when is the 1st single coming?

30 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

Personally, the vibes the project gives me are basically this performance

"Midnights photoshoot is giving soft-rock & Stevie Nicks vibes!!!" teas :redface:

Not setting myself up again! But Aaron being confirmed is a good sign at least. 

• Haha 1

If it is another MIDnights she can keep it.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Very sensual cover

I am actually surprised (altho she has been experimenting a bit)

I kind of expect her to give some Lana Del Rey vibes, given that she has hanged out with her so much..

maybe even that Sabrina Carpenter (by the cover)?

but at the same time, I think she might abandon the era soon after release:dies:

when is the 1st single coming?

I think it's either premiere at one of the the Tokyo shows, or NO singles, just like with Midnights

• Like 1

i wonder what will be the genre and if she would add this to the already-long-enough tour setlist

also april 19th is 74 days from today and 7+4=11 this is her 11th album, she's crazy 

• Haha 2

Without having any idea of the sound, my selfish wants are for it to be a Midnights - Evermore hybrid. :clap3:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Without having any idea of the sound, my selfish wants are for it to be a Midnights - Evermore hybrid. :clap3:

Thematically - Red 

Sonically - Midnights (specifically Maroon/YLM/YOYOK/MR/HI and the likes, not the more bombastic pop like Bejeweled, AH, Karma, Question, Paris...)

Lyrically - evermore 

:jonny4:

But I guess I'd love something entirely new more than anything else. I just don't really see her taking a 360 in the middle of The Eras Tour. But I'm here to be surprised.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Thematically - Red 

Sonically - Midnights (specifically Maroon/YLM/YOYOK/MR/HI and the likes, not the more bombastic pop like Bejeweled, AH, Karma, Question, Paris...)

Lyrically - evermore 

But I guess I'd love something entirely new more than anything else. I just don't really see her taking a 360 in the middle of The Eras Tour. But I'm here to be surprised.

y'all better not come up with any sound theories based on the title and imagery only to be disappointed like when Midnights wasn't a 70s rock inspired album :rip: (why is this one giving that though ngl :redface:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

y'all better not come up with any sound theories based on the title and imagery only to be disappointed like when Midnights wasn't a 70s rock inspired album :rip: (why is this one giving that though ngl :redface:)

And what else are we supposed to do for the next two and a half months then? :clack:

• Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.