HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

On 4/16/2024 at 3:18 PM, family.guy123 said:

I know what the record is. It's highly likely. 

BookmarkT!

• Like 1

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

On 4/18/2024 at 7:54 AM, umich said:

2 million in 2024 is WILD.

spacer.png

it's like 5 million in 2000 lol 

18 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Please don't set us little reputas up. :biblio:

If Red TV did not sell a million, rep tv won't touch that too.

She's grown more and more since Red TV was released. It's def gonna debut +1M units without question. Even Speak Now had a larger debut than Red TV, and there's more Rep Stan's than Speak Now stans.

Fearless TV -291,000

Red TV - 605,000

Speak Now TV - 716,000

1989 TV - 1,653,000

i don't think Rep TV will sell more than 1989 TV in its first week, but it'll fall somewhere between SP and 1989, probably around 1.1-1.2M is my prediction. 

Not y'all taking the victim and lowballing bait. :fan:

Rep TV is gonna do closer to 1989 for sure. Eras tour has massively made it a beloved era in general

Is it really that impressive when considering all the different variants, the scamming with the deluxe edition, the shameless tactics used to get to 2 million for 2+ months prior to release, and her rabid cult fanbase that will mass buy in-bulk every variant or edition she tosses out the door at them?

Context is key!

Adele was able to do it without any gimmicks or tricks, just pure hype and support alone.

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 26

I don't think it really matters to a record company, chart publishers, news outlets, or anyone else whether the people who bought something are pre-existing fans or not. Sure it's a different context, but ultimately, a copy sold is a copy sold - someone putting up their hard-earned money because they like the music being offered. The average music consumer will purchase exactly one copy of a record they like no matter how many variants are offered, and it's unlikely that dedicated fans who collect everything are populous enough to make truly meaningful difference. If we really wanted to get into context, we could talk about the sheer volume of $50 vinyl being sold this week, and how committing to that kind of purchase - once or multiple times! - probably illustrates a more significant level of consumer demand than formats that cost under a third of that.

• Like 13

Not the mass down-voting already by the cult. :bibliahh:

Swifties would truly be nothing without sales and numbers huh.

They certainly can't take any question or criticism of their fave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 9

Cameltoe Chariot
15 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

A downvote from a Swiftie is basically an upvote in my opinion because it means you hit a nerve with some truth :bibliahh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

A downvote from a Swiftie is basically an upvote in my opinion because it means you hit a nerve with some truth :bibliahh:

For every downvote there's a streaming point for TTPD

Edited by MP3

1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

Is it really that impressive when considering all the different variants, the scamming with the deluxe edition, the shameless tactics used to get to 2 million for 2+ months prior to release, and her rabid cult fanbase that will mass buy in-bulk every variant or edition she tosses out the door at them?

Context is key!

Adele was able to do it without any gimmicks or tricks, just pure hype and support alone.

and she was never able to even cross 1M again. Not you dragging your own fave :redface:

• Confused 2

I wonder if she'll break NSYNC's 2.4 million debut to have the 2nd biggest debut of all time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

Context is key!

Yes it's that impressive. 1 million vinyls are with $4 million  dollars without shipping, which is much higher than what Adele made with her 3.5M units, given more than half of that were cheap ass iTunes digitals. 

and I'm sure $4m dollars worth of albums will take your fave 1-3 years to earn, pending how how flopped he/she is. so cope harder. 

Edited by Kitboga
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

Context is key!

Lmaoo you even threw the "context is key!" In there, as you ignore the biggest context of them all which is that the sales market in 2024 is like 1/5th of 2015. 

Given the context, selling 2m in 2024 is like selling 4m in 2015, and that's without pulling the "WONT BE ON STREAMING" trick that Adele used🤣.

Ngl I'm sure this is the best your tiny brain could come up with & you prolly thought it was clever too, completely failing to foresee how your word choices have left you to be smacked in the face 😂

13 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Lmaoo you even threw the "context is key!" In there, as you ignore the biggest context of them all which is that the sales market in 2024 is like 1/5th of 2015. 

Given the context, selling 2m in 2024 is like selling 4m in 2015, and that's without pulling the "WONT BE ON STREAMING" trick that Adele used🤣.

Ngl I'm sure this is the best your tiny brain could come up with & you prolly thought it was clever too, completely failing to foresee how your word choices have left you to be smacked in the face 😂

But you are literally ignoring that casual music listeners/curious haters or non-fans are checking Taylor's album out FOR FREE and still counts towards her 2+ million first week in overall sales, while non-Adele fans or just curious listeners were NOT factored into her over 3 million opening week. 

What's your excuse for that? 

1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

It's the same on every forum. A kindergarten. 

Edited by NoName
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

But you are literally ignoring that casual music listeners/curious haters or non-fans are checking Taylor's album out FOR FREE and still counts towards her 2+ million first week in overall sales, while non-Adele fans or just curious listeners were NOT factored into her over 3 million opening week. 

What's your excuse for that? 

Wait, Is that actually your argument or are you just trolling lol cus that's weak sauce as hell. 

All the hate-listeners and casuals are all obviously only gonna stream her and never buy her CDs/vinyls. 

Their "contributions" are all included in the estimated 600K SEAs that is not included in Taylor's eventual 2M+ physical sales.

surely you're not trying to make an argument that causality and hate-listeners would buy her physicals right? Unless you are that person? :bibliahh:

On 4/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, mrpartyrocker said:

I'm not a Taylor crazy fan, I like some of her stuff, but when I hear people talking about the era when MJ, Prince, Queen or The Beatles slayed the industry, it puts in perspective how even more impressive Taylor's era is.. she's doing it all alone and literally has no competition when it comes to world domination… we are living HERSTORY! 

still waiting for the next Reputation Tay, give me what I want and I'll be your biggest fan!!! 

How? The fact that the aforementioned had more competition (against actual legends) makes their reign more impressive.

Who is Taylor competing against right now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Wait, Is that actually your argument or are you just trolling lol cus that's weak sauce as hell. 

All the hate-listeners and casuals are all obviously only gonna stream her and never buy her CDs/vinyls. 

Their "contributions" are all included in the estimated 600K SEAs that is not included in Taylor's eventual 2M+ physical sales.

surely you're not trying to make an argument that causality and hate-listeners would buy her physicals right? Unless you are that person? :bibliahh:

Sorry, I misunderstood lol. 

I thought you were talking overall first week sales in which those 600k SEAs are already included. But no Adele haters would spent a dime on her album in 2015 either, regardless if it wasn't on Spotify. Same way if TTDP wasn't on streaming most non-fans wouldn't have bought it. But you're also forgetting that in those 600k SEAs are streams from people who also bought the album so they are essentially multiple customers for one copy and there are also a lot of fans that have bought multiple variants AND streamed the album multiple times. It just doesn't compare to Adele having 3 million people purchase an album for $10. 

7 hours ago, NoName said:

Sorry, I misunderstood lol. 

I thought you were talking overall first week sales in which those 600k SEAs are already included. But no Adele haters would spent a dime on her album in 2015 either, regardless if it wasn't on Spotify. Same way if TTDP wasn't on streaming most non-fans wouldn't have bought it. But you're also forgetting that in those 600k SEAs are streams from people who also bought the album so they are essentially multiple customers for one copy and there are also a lot of fans that have bought multiple variants AND streamed the album multiple times. It just doesn't compare to Adele having 3 million people purchase an album for $10. 

I don't wanna argue with you about whether 3M $10 CDs and iTunes digitals are more impressive than 1M+ vinyl worth $45 dollars.

The 2 numbers will just mean two different things, representative of their own time periods and markets.  it's not directly comparable to one another. 

Edited by Kitboga
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Or it's just downright stupid. 

Cameltoe Chariot
17 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Or it's just downright stupid. 

Sure Jan GIF

Cameltoe Chariot
39 minutes ago, MP3 said:

For every downvote there's a streaming point for TTPD

4e6d09.jpg

Anyhow, we're now just praying that the "1.4m physicals first day" figure from billboard is following 1989TV's first day proportions (200k shipped),  instead of the Midnights proportions (800k shipped first day), right? Cus one would have great implications, the other would have, well, grave implications :biblionny:

2 hours ago, naval23 said:

I wonder if she'll break NSYNC's 2.4 million debut to have the 2nd biggest debut of all time 

It's not impossible tbh, Adele's 25 is probably out of touch but 2.4 million is realistic, especially early projections are saying 2+ million based on one day