Do you believe Beyoncé when she said this?

Monday Night Messiah

she's the ultimate pop poet 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Monday Night Messiah

• The7thStranger

• Blue Rose

1 hour ago, Josh said:

There is no narrative she literally said she wrote Irreplaceable

On stage, once, in 2007 :dies: 

Just now, ABeyBraith said:

On stage, once, in 2007 :dies: 

The point is she said it 

Just now, Josh said:

The point is she said it 

My point is, get the **** over it? :toofunny3:

• Thanks 8

The only way I'll ever take Beyoncé's songwriting claims seriously is if she gives us an entirely self written serve ala "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. Like put your money where your mouth is girl and give us some real self written serves over being defensive. 

Till then, all this chatter falls on deaf ears and people will keep suspecting she over credits herself on songs because of past shady situations. 

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I like that the most controversial thing people have on Beyonce is her saying she wrote Irreplaceable once 17 years ago. Others work with abusers and spew hate speech but yeah, Bey said wrote instead of co-wrote. Cool. I guess we can keep talking about that and Smack Into You for the next 20 years too.

This. 

Some people want to have a reason for their hate. So moments like that are something they can cling to so they can cover their unreasonable disliking for her. Reality is no one is doing it like her on her scale with her drive and some people legitimately cannot stand to see it. 

It would be refreshing to have a conversation about her art with a legitimate critique that isn't laced in racism, misogyny and insecurity. 

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago talking about CC and I found the title to be interesting but as read the persons post, I realized they actually had no idea what they were talking about. 

like the concepts of some of y'all's (not you) critiques be on point but then as they explain, it doesn't make any sense. Then I'm like "here go that hating a$$ ****”. 

• Like 2

the way y'all desperately cling onto crunchy, decade old clips from a girl in her twenties, under her father's management who made certain claims bc he told her to really needs to be studied :toofunny3:

55 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I guess we can keep talking about that and Smack Into You for the next 20 years too.

can't expect much from old heads who still make daily threads about xtina vs britney or applause vs roar in 2024 :rip:

• Like 1

Well, at least she has a wonderful voice with great dancing skills. :gayoncecat3:

39 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

the way y'all desperately cling onto crunchy, decade old clips from a girl in her twenties, under her father's management who made certain claims bc he told her to really needs to be studied :toofunny3:

can't expect much from old heads who still make daily threads about xtina vs britney or applause vs roar in 2024 :rip:

The way fans infantilize her when it's convenient. 25yrs+ is not a girl, she's a full grown woman. 

• Haha 1

So you are asking if I believe in what she wrote in her song about being songwriter cause she is not songwriter 

once again I would like to underline that you are saying she wrote this and at the same time you are saying she doesn't write

oh, the billionth "Beyoncé is a do nothing *****" thread. 

Whether 2-3 credits or a 100 credits in the liner notes, folks always gonna question whatever she did or didn't do on a song. I'm really surprised people have never accused her of ghosting her vocals because the way some talk... Because of her lacking any real power to say no in her youth, she's never gonna be redeemed of this. She could record herself writing lyrics to a song, on the mpc "making disco trap" and people will be like "it's a robot/clone/deep fake" lol 

It's whatever.

3 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

The first track of Cowboy Carter is written by someone else

Jon even told whole inspiration behind it and everything. It's always like this for her

swifties being illiterate is nothing new, but...

I was happy to produce and write for AMERIICAN REQUIEM, along with Beyoncé and Dion "NO ID" Wilson.

What a honor to then see how brilliantly Beyoncé made them her own and THEN further enhanced the lyrical statement, synthesizing it into the larger body of work.

So glad that we finally got to collaborate

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toxicgenie said:

The way fans infantilize her when it's convenient. 25yrs+ is not a girl, she's a full grown woman. 

what part of "under her father's management" is hard for you to understand ? 

Be quiet, ho.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Hmm.

Not to add fuel to the fire, since I was accused of being a Bey hater in another thread :skull: 

I was literally just listening to a podcast last night that was interviewing Kandi Burruss.  

And one of the hosts (Claude Kelly) said they turned down working with Bey because of the conflicts on publishing/credit negotiation.  

He said the main producer (someone from UK, he wouldn't name them though) declined working with Bey…and Claude just followed suit b/c they were a team.  

But this was the exact reason why they didn't work with her.  I was gagged, b/c Claude Kelly is pretty well-known.  Surprised he came out and said Bey's name directly.  

He starts talking about it at 12:29…

…and then tells a story about Kandi telling him: "More than two, I don't do”…meaning she don't share pub with more than two writers… :rip: (that is around 20:20).  Hilarious.  

CLOCKEDT!!!

Good for them.

angry actress GIF by Alia Bhatt

I believe her in the sense that she knows what kinds of topics she wants to sing about.

I don't believe her if she's saying she'll be the driving force behind the actual lyrics.

42 minutes ago, LVP said:

So you are asking if I believe in what she wrote in her song about being songwriter cause she is not songwriter 

once again I would like to underline that you are saying she wrote this and at the same time you are saying she doesn't write

we don't she even wrote what she sang.

kelly rowland has lots of personal lyrics in her music because she tells her writers the topics she wants to talk about so they can write about it; but that doesn't mean she wrote them...

5 hours ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

In "Sweet * Honey * Buckiin'" she said:

Do you believe that the "Irreplaceable" / "Smash Into You" / "Lay Up Under Me" songstress is going f**k up the pen herself?

Are you excited?

So she wrote the line or not?

cause, once again? You are contradicting yourself 

15 minutes ago, LVP said:

So she wrote the line or not?

cause, once again? You are contradicting yourself 

notice how i used the word 'said' instead of 'wrote'? do we need to enroll you back in reading class?

4 hours ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

The only way I'll ever take Beyoncé's songwriting claims seriously is if she gives us an entirely self written serve ala "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. Like put your money where your mouth is girl and give us some real self written serves over being defensive. 

Till then, all this chatter falls on deaf ears and people will keep suspecting she over credits herself on songs because of past shady situations. 

Dangerously In Love 

EDIT: DIL has another credit, but that artist was credited because he produced the track. Gift from Virgo, too, has another artist credited as a songwriter, but it is a sample, she wrote the song and produced it all b herself. There are probably more songs she did by herself in DC and DIL days that have other people credited, but she did write them all by herself 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I like Bey, but she ruined her own reputation in this regard by overstating her contributions to the music she releases. Now we'll never know which songs she actually made a substantial contribution to and which she didn't. That's her own fault. :michael:

A ruined reputation with 3 consecutive albums that have metacritic scores over 90 where her songwriting is praised beyond the heavens. Please come down to Earth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.