Do you believe Beyoncé when she said this?

Monday Night Messiah

14 minutes ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

but that user asked for beyonce to make an entirely self-written ALBUM like taylor swift's "speak now"

the bey stan said 'dangerously in love'.

Where exactly in this post did that user ask for Beyoncé to make an entirely self-written album? They provided an example of "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift, a song example. If they were referring to the album version they should've said 'Speak Now', the correct punctuation for albums.

6 hours ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

The only way I'll ever take Beyoncé's songwriting claims seriously is if she gives us an entirely self written serve ala "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. Like put your money where your mouth is girl and give us some real self written serves over being defensive. 

Till then, all this chatter falls on deaf ears and people will keep suspecting she over credits herself on songs because of past shady situations. 

@Jon Snow provided that user with the example of DIL, a self-written song by Beyoncé, without any punctuation used. The confusion came from misuse or no use of punctuation to distinguish between singles and albums.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Monday Night Messiah

• The7thStranger

• Blue Rose

Hive could own up a little more with regards to this topic, yes Beyoncé has exaggerated her involvement in her music. And/or passed off inspiration as her own original work more than once.

With that said, Beyoncé was what, 25 here? 25 year olds are all ego, who hasn't exaggerated their own importance at that age?

Y'all should see the **** that used to come out of my mouth on my resumé and job interviews, making me sound like the next Oprah when I could barely add up two rows in Excel. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Where exactly in this post did that user ask for Beyoncé to make an entirely self-written album? They provided an example of "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift, a song example. If they were referring to the album version they should've said 'Speak Now', the correct punctuation for albums.

@Jon Snow provided that user with the example of DIL, a self-written song by Beyoncé, without any punctuation used. The confusion came from misuse or no use of punctuation to distinguish between singles and albums.

Punctuation rules differ depending on style and region. For example, in most style guides for American English, you should have placed the comma inside the single quo.

Source: I'm an editor.

9 hours ago, kimberly said:

swifties being illiterate is nothing new, but...

I was happy to produce and write for AMERIICAN REQUIEM, along with Beyoncé and Dion "NO ID" Wilson.

What a honor to then see how brilliantly Beyoncé made them her own and THEN further enhanced the lyrical statement, synthesizing it into the larger body of work.

So glad that we finally got to collaborate

Collaborate in the industry basically means she changed two words probably with synonyms and told everyone this is my song now!

6 hours ago, Lovett said:

When people talk about Speak Now being "entirely self-written," they're talking about the album. All of the songs in that album are written by no one other than Taylor Swift. There's a lot of Taylor Swift-written songs outside of "Speak Now," so it's widely understood that it refers to a whole album when Swifties say it.

barbiegrande
29 minutes ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

When people talk about Speak Now being "entirely self-written," they're talking about the album. All of the songs in that album are written by no one other than Taylor Swift. There's a lot of Taylor Swift-written songs outside of "Speak Now," so it's widely understood that it refers to a whole album when Swifties say it.

Taylor self-writing white girl sweet sixteen music isn't the flex you think it is.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

Taylor self-writing white girl sweet sixteen music isn't the flex you think it is.

At least when she says she wrote it, she really wrote it. s:wan:

I could believe she actually came up with that bit in the OP herself, it references another one of her verses she's rapped before.

Now the OG verse she clearly didn't write. 

1 hour ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

Not everyone on this planet cares, or is interested in, what aspects of Taylor Swift's music are self-written. Expecting people to know what Swifties are referring to when they use an example is arrogant.

You stated that the user specifically asked for an album example, which they didn't. They put the title in quotation marks, which denotes a song. That's why Jon Snow gave a self-written song example of Beyoncé's.

Hmmm I thought this thread was about her saying she met Selena. 

20 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I mean, I believe that if her contributions were strictly harmonization, melody, structure, or composition, these are all still things to talk about and take credit for. But when she's on stage saying she "wrote" something, that's shorthand that the audience will automatically interpret as "writing the lyrics." Every moving part is important, but she knew what she was doing.

this

Like Whitney never claimed she wrote songs that she didnt actually wrote and she is so well respected for her vocal alone and still win AOTY cause of her vocal, the same with Celine.

Beyonce doesnt need to build an imagine of singer-songwriter, she doesnt need it.

Being known for an amazing vocalist, performer and also has artistic vision is good enougg, legendary enough. Why have to fraud the songwriting stuff

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chiliam said:

this

Like Whitney never claimed she wrote songs that she didnt actually wrote and she is so well respected for her vocal alone and still win AOTY cause of her vocal, the same with Celine.

Beyonce doesnt need to build an imagine of singer-songwriter, she doesnt need it.

Being known for an amazing vocalist, performer and also has artistic vision is good enougg, legendary enough. Why have to fraud the songwriting stuff

Exactly this. Same goes for Tina, who stopped writing her own material when she left Ike.

And this is thread worthy because?

The usual repeating the same things over and over and when get hit with actual evidence still want to play/act stupid.

:deadbanana4: 

Where did the brain cells go?

:redface:

• Haha 1

Was there drama with the singer of Smack Into You? He's hot I don't want him to have beef with the queen. 

I will say I was underwhelmed when Jon Batiste revealed what he wrote on American Requiiem. I figured if there's a single lyric she wrote on that Cowboy Carter it would that opener talking about her CMA performance. It sounds like something she'd say. Maybe they wrote it together as he stated and she wanted to speak on the topic and he used her words to write those lines. 

But anyways no one outside of stan world and song writer world cares. Beyoncé is Beyoncé whether she writes or not and she's great at producing songs to fit her.

Since we are on the topic, what happens when a song writer gives their song to Beyoncé and she never releases it? Do they get ownership back after some time? Do they only receive the upfront pay for her to record the song and nothing else since royalties won't exist? What is a common upfront pay for a major artist? Idk why I feel like it's $500. That would suck. I'd be pissed

On 4/14/2024 at 9:19 AM, Anna-Artdeco said:

The only way I'll ever take Beyoncé's songwriting claims seriously is if she gives us an entirely self written serve ala "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. Like put your money where your mouth is girl and give us some real self written serves over being defensive. 

Till then, all this chatter falls on deaf ears and people will keep suspecting she over credits herself on songs because of past shady situations. 

She can't.

13 hours ago, Alexz said:

She can't.

She already has. You should know, you've been spouting racist nonsense about her for decades now. :coffee2:

On 4/14/2024 at 12:11 PM, ABeyBraith said:

My point is, get the **** over it? :toofunny3:

We would love the behive to have the same energy about other artist but yall don't.

3 hours ago, Lovett said:

She already has. You should know, you've been spouting racist nonsense about her for decades now. :coffee2:

She hasn't. She can't play an instrument and she doesn't write, therefore she can't.

I did NOT expect to come in here and see OP post my video :rip:

On 4/14/2024 at 8:44 PM, The7thStranger said:

I like Bey, but she ruined her own reputation in this regard by overstating her contributions to the music she releases. Now we'll never know which songs she actually made a substantial contribution to and which she didn't. That's her own fault. :michael:

The irony is that the line is most likely written by some other songwriter too :lmao: 

56 minutes ago, Alexz said:

She hasn't. She can't play an instrument and she doesn't write, therefore she can't.

In reality, she can do both of those things. Which your racist self knows very well. :heart2:

On 4/14/2024 at 10:30 AM, HarajukuPrincess said:

I love you Béy but 

1. STOP taking credit for lyrics you didn't write. 

2. I just really hope that you are and/or will properly compensate the many songwriters who you recruit. MOST of them are struggling, upcoming artists who put their heart into their art. I know stuff like this may be common in the industry but YOU have the means to be a better person. Like…Taylor paid her whole tour crew big bonuses. YOU can at least let these songwriters have their rightful royalties, if nothing more. They LOVE you and look up to you, hence why they relish in the opportunity to write for you. You're a heroine to them and slighting them is already wrong but to be done so wrong by someone who you adore so much is one of the biggest pains.

3. Béy, you should know that you're too good for this. Your legacy is too immaculate and too important to continue being haunted by this. We don't want your legacy succumbing to a similar fate as J.Lo's, for example. 

EDIT: When I posted this, I had no idea J.lo was flopping this hard and getting dragged 😆 and she deserves every bit of it. Beyoncé will NEVER be down THAT bad…but I was kinda going off of what Tiffany Red alleged. I'm hive too, and I just hope Bey isn't doing that stuff. 

Huh? Jennifer Lopez has never been accused of trying to exaggerate her writing or productions contributions in songs. In fact, she's been praised by songwriters and producers for NOT asking for a credit when her contributions were minimal like changing a few words in songs or altering a melody. She's only credited as a writer on 35 songs.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.