Smilers hate Dua, why?

Solaria

14 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Dua put prisoner on future nostalgia when she was already smashing and clearly the song was meant for PH. It's so out of place on FN anyways and she was only credited as a featured artist on the song. Then plastic hearts (the album) fell like 100 spot on billboard 200 :rip: and at the time it was being serviced as the second single for plastic hearts. Billboard has a rule that indicates if a song exists on both albums it will only count for the album that's performing better so Plastic hearts performance suffered because of this.

Then she didn't perform it live with Miley or her tour to promote the song because she sided with the producer of the song who Miley fell out of favor with after their fling was over. She left Miley in the dust.

Not surprised ngl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• Dante Silva

• AccioMiley

• Scars

4 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Not surprised ngl

Shoddy behavior like that and chart obesssion is to be expected from a James Charles lookalike 

spacer.png

Edited by Miley Cyrus
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

What even is the purpose of this thread? ATRL Smilers don't have any beef with Dua. Let's keep the Stan Twitter BS over there please :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Dua put prisoner on future nostalgia when she was already smashing and clearly the song was meant for PH. It's so out of place on FN anyways and she was only credited as a featured artist on the song. Then plastic hearts (the album) fell like 100 spot on billboard 200 :rip: and at the time it was being serviced as the second single for plastic hearts. Billboard has a rule that indicates if a song exists on both albums it will only count for the album that's performing better so Plastic hearts performance suffered because of this.

Then she didn't perform it live with Miley or her tour to promote the song because she sided with the producer of the song who Miley fell out of favor with after their fling was over. She left Miley in the dust.

Was Dua in the decision maker chair or TAP management though (who Dua since parted ways with due to her own issues with them)?

With Miley being on RCA (and Dua Warners) a licensing agreement for usage of the track would have to have been pre-arranged?

Its not like Dua's team home ripped the WAV file from PH and added it to FN (without a licensing agreement being in place)?

Edited by Dante Silva

as a fan of Miley and Dua ....

Be Mature Growing Up GIFhigh school shrug GIF by VH1

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 1

It started with Prisoner then they avoided each other on that fashion show and it fueled things between the fanbases. 

25 minutes ago, wish said:

What even is the purpose of this thread? ATRL Smilers don't have any beef with Dua. Let's keep the Stan Twitter BS over there please :deadbanana4:

Thank you.

Title thread: "Smilers hate Dua!"

*First page of the thread is actually filled with Dua Lipa fans randomly dragging Miley and most of Miley stans saying that they actually love Dua*

Make it make sense. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Scars
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mike_int said:

as a fan of Miley and Dua ....

Be Mature Growing Up GIFhigh school shrug GIF by VH1

You're making an assumption that curious minds are enquiring for nefarious reasons that are not about simply getting to the truth of the matter.

Dont worry sis its natural for the fandoms to HAVE their haters.

Im a Shakifan and we dislike the bad bunny,jlo and karol g fans.  The beyonce  ones too cause theyre mean to shaki.
We are cool with the gaga ones-katy-miley-rihanna-britney ones :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

what happened between both of them though?

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

What is this fan fiction OP? :bibliahh: not you trying to setup both Miley and Dua with some fake news.

It's not fiction tho, they legit don't like each other.  I don't want to say hate, but imagine sitting 2 feet away from someone you just collaborated with and dry humped in a music video and purposely avoid them all night and take photos with every single other celebrity but them?  I had no idea about the beef over Prisoner before that event but I immediately knew something was wrong. :deadbanana4:

Dua is definitely at fault for stealing Prisoner for idk what reason.  It didn't fit on her album at all, and the fact that it was Miley's SINGLE and she took the streams, which then tanked Plastic Hearts, is a ***** move no matter how many excuses are made.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Sorry but most of us dont hate dua. You tried with this flamebait thread though :cm:

6 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Dua is definitely at fault for stealing Prisoner for idk what reason.  It didn't fit on her album at all, and the fact that it was Miley's SINGLE and she took the streams, which then tanked Plastic Hearts, is a ***** move no matter how many excuses are made.  

RCA would first have ran the licensing agreement with TAP/ Warner's past Miley for consent, No?

8 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It's not fiction tho, they legit don't like each other.  I don't want to say hate, but imagine sitting 2 feet away from someone you just collaborated with and dry humped in a music video and purposely avoid them all night and take photos with every single other celebrity but them?  I had no idea about the beef over Prisoner before that event but I immediately knew something was wrong. :deadbanana4:

Like she put the song on her album but then proceeded to never perform it even at her tour. It just makes you think that she only put it on FN for the numbers and it tanked Miley's album. Prisoner was being serviced as Plastic Hearts' 2nd single at the time.

She really didn't gaf and that's without the Andrew drama.

2 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

RCA would first have ran the licensing agreement with TAP/ Warner's past Miley for consent, No?

I'm going to assume Miley didn't have a say in the matter considering both are credited as lead artists on it.  She might have been able to veto it if Dua was just a feature.

Sort of like how Kim Petras added Unholy to her album even though it was clearly a Sam Smith song, but at least Kim's album came out way after Sam's, and I don't think her album was out streaming his.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dante Silva said:

I'm pretty certain contractual agreements would have had to be negotiated prior to Dua being legally entitled to add the track "Prisoner" to her deluxe.

Could you imagine stanning the girl behind Dead Petz and thinking she cares about Billboard charting? It's like her own fans don't know her :skull: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CozySkin said:

Smilers? WTF is that?

MTE I thought it would be Sabrina's stans but it's Miley's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dua and Miley have same credits when it comes to "Prisoner" - vocals, background vocals and writing credits

Since it was released between as single between FN and FN re-release I think it is completely normal put it on it.

It is not Dua fault PH was not selling as much as FN and also she doesn't create the rules.

Its a 50/50 song and rights for it are shared based on contract which both parties signed.

and as Dua and Miley fan it is pretty clear Miley doesnt like to and wants to promote her albums, look at Plastic Hearts, look at ESV.

If she did maybe PH would be doing better and then Prisoners streams would go to PH.

And again, they dont create these rules ...

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

20 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Could you imagine stanning the girl behind Dead Petz and thinking she cares about Billboard charting? It's like her own fans don't know her :skull: 

If you think she didn't care about success then why did she leave RCA? Why did she push and promote plastic hearts so much? 

She clearly believed in the project so much and wanted it to succeed plus she had a lot to prove because she was trying hard to be seen as a serious artist outside of the Disney bubble that people kept associating her with. Even during PH.

And here comes her collaborator and "friend" and completely tanks her album that she put so much work into on a re-release.

Just cause she released one free album doesn't mean she doesn't want to make strides in her career later on.

Edited by Miley Cyrus

11 minutes ago, Comedor said:

MTE I thought it would be Sabrina's stans but it's Miley's.

Like "loves" is any better :deadbanana4:

15 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

She clearly believed in the project so much and wanted it to succeed

Billboard doesn't measure success, sister. They're a cheap listicle run by incompetent individuals, unfortunately, and their rules and inabilities keep them from accurately tracking success in a fair way.

No matter what spot PH was that week on the BB200, it still had the same number of streams and sales, which actually reflect fan interaction. At the end of the day, the label is going to look at the money earned and Miley's going to look at fan engagement and PH clearly saved her career in streaming - she was streaming poison before PH.

Younger Now, her previous second single, is stuck at 94M streams in 2024 on Spotify. Prisoner's at 781M. Miley and the label got everything they wanted and it put Miley in a great spot commercially.

• Like 1

I knew this thread is trash when I saw the word smilers 

Y'all still on stan twitter :rip: Embarrassing if you ask me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.