• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

Uma lenda e uma lêndea. :clap3:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Babygirl... Dua also debuted 10 years ago :rip:

Yeah and that's also point, they all started singing career in 2015, Sabrina has 5 albums and Dua is only about to release 3rd.

Difference is Sabrina doesn't have any worldwide hit so far so there shouldn't be no comparison, Dua is different level when it comes to worldwide status.

And I don't mean this in a bad way, Espresso is cute song and if it will be hit, good for Sabrina but constant comparing female singers is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Yeah and that's also point, they all started singing career in 2015, Sabrina has 5 albums and Dua is only about to release 3rd.

Difference is Sabrina doesn't have any worldwide hit so far so there shouldn't be no comparison, Dua is different level when it comes to worldwide status.

And I don't mean this in a bad way, Espresso is cute song and if it will be hit, good for Sabrina but constant comparing female singers is ridiculous.

:michael:  It would be delicious if this song took down Taylor at some point....maybe a Grammy ?

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, RoseBud said:

:michael:  It would be delicious if this song took down Taylor at some point....maybe a Grammy ?

Grammy sweaty?! :thing: Maybe a Kids Choice Award 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh wow are we already acting like we Stan this Sabrina girl just to go against dua?? haven't we seen this film before..... 

it wouldn't be smart to count a dua song out so early

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illusion is kinda zzz so not surprised :mandown: and Dua's never debuted high in the States anyway, pretty sure Houdini (#11) was her record

Good for Sabrina though, opening for Taylor helped expose her to a larger audience so this had been in the cards for a while I fear 

• Like 2

The girls fighting for no reason. I am streaming both these bops back to back.

avatr.thumb.gif.5cc5541f662ae7f4c6ac710b

Dua is coming off of two somewhat disappointing singles that did not resonate with the GeePee after milking promoting FN for like 3-4 years. Illusion is not an outright catchy song/bop.

Sabrina has build a lot of good while with her previous songs, especially in the past 1-2 year, opened for Taylor, and rihleased a super catchy song just as summer is about to start.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Both of them are not my cup of tea, but if I had to choose one I would say espresso. It's slower unlike club song like illusion, and I think that's what people need now. I think we've had enough of club bangers, look how tired gp is after training season. Espresso is more memorable as well.

On 4/16/2024 at 4:00 PM, mike_int said:

I couldn't agree more about comparing singers but comparing the songs is another story :gaycat2:

it's funny how Dua stans kept fighting with Camila stans when Sabrina was the true enemy all along :clap3:

People are more familiar with Espresso because they've already heard it when Say So came out :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not Dua fans falling for the bait again, these people tried it months ago with Tate McRa and where is she now? thinking that dating The Kid Laroi could do something for her career

rihannasbe$tfrnd

• Thanks 1

concubine

But I thought dua was the new relevant queen of pop? How could this be?

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

Not Dua fans falling for the bait again, these people tried it months ago with Tate McRa and where is she now? thinking that dating The Kid Laroi could do something for her career

rihannasbe$tfrnd

Still sitting comfortable in the top 15 of the hot 100 with a song that peaked at 3. 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:22 PM, Solaria said:

Because Espresso is more in line with current trends

This is such a tired excuse. Hozier is currently at no 2. Is that song also in line with "current trends" 

If an artist is actually popular, he or she will not rely on being current to have hits. 

Dua Lipa is so over omg :gaycat6:

which is hilarious cause her fans were getting cocky and comparing her to legends when she had her 5 minutes of success :gayoncecat3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/15/2024 at 11:39 PM, DoubleRainbow! said:

Congrats to Sabrina, she's having actual success after years trying

Dua has been releasing hit after hit for 7 years now so scoring hits is not what we should be asking Dua to do in 2024.

She has had a maximum of 4 hits, let us not act as if she has been a constant hitmaker like Rihanna or Katy. 

• Confused 2

Not surprised. This is Sabrina's first good song and like Dua's fourth mid one

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

She has had a maximum of 4 hits, let us not act as if she has been a constant hitmaker like Rihanna or Katy. 

New Rules- 2017

One Kiss- 2018

Don't Start Now- 2019

Break My Heart -2020

Levitating- 2021

Cold Heart- 2021

Dance The Night- 2023

and that's like just her US hits :rip: and I'm sure I missed one or two

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Khamis said:

New Rules- 2017

One Kiss- 2018

Don't Start Now- 2019

Break My Heart -2020

Levitating- 2021

Cold Heart- 2021

Dance The Night- 2023

No shade but one of these is not like the others lol

16 hours ago, Khamis said:

New Rules- 2017

One Kiss- 2018

Don't Start Now- 2019

Break My Heart -2020

Levitating- 2021

Cold Heart- 2021

Dance The Night- 2023

You didn't. 

And neither One Kiss or BMH were hits in the US, they both missed the top 10. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.