New Upcoming MPG: Tate vs Tyla

TalkThatRihanna

?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Better album?

• Think Later
    • Tyla
  2. 2. Who is more likely to become a MPG?

• Tate
    • Tyla
    • Both sis, stop comparing :rip:

Now that both have released Albums to their smash singles "greedy" and "Water" who do you see having THE longer career into MPG territory?

Greedy & Think Later were both bigger than Tyla's song and album, but Tyla gives me more MPG who will have only get bigger 

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Neither both bore me to tears and would sit at the "desperate wannabes" table

Tyla album is actually nice, cannot say the same for Tate.

But she needs to be more hungry and go out there to promote

Tate Mcrae is making music for gay men who would probably get caught inside Looney Tunes-style traps under the right circumstances

like tbh if you enjoy EXES, I'm pretty sure we could successfully trick you into eating a hotdog that was actually a lit stick of ACME dynamite

Edited by GentleDance
  • Haha 9

If Tyla keeps releasing the same song then people won't latch on.

At least Tate is trying to be different.

Tyla is just more unique, I really hope she becomes the first african superstar

• Like 1

Tyla, but hope Tate makes better music forward cause she's a good performer 

tyla sounds better

• Like 1

Both are gonna make it :clap3: 

Anyways ATRL hates Tate. But it's okay because she's popular with the gp and gen z. Most of the users here are around 30 years old didn't even know 'you broke me first', which still gets 1m+ streams a day and think she's only known for greedy. She's also only 20 years old. Her and Tyla have so much success ahead of them it would be delusional to count them out so soon

I think they're both going to be successful but Tate I think can be way more diverse and hit a broader audience 

I prefer tyla but i don't see either of them lasting more than one more era tbh

water is a hit but tyla isn't really known by name yet, tate is much more recognizable but if she keeps insisting on making albums full of sad girl music instead of embracing the dance bops like greedy we want from her she's done soon

Edited by Scandalous

I dont think either of them will become next MPG but if I should chose it would be Tyla, her voice is actually pleasant to listen, Tate sounds like 12 year old boy with sinusitis.

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't see how their lanes cross. They can both be very successful simultaneously because they don't share an audience so it's an odd comparison. Tula kinda rehashes the same song and all I've seen of Tate is a performance that gave Britney Spears cosplay so idk. But I'm one of the 30 year olds that don't know **** so yeah.  

Tate needs better music and to sort out her performing style, she has promise but all the riffing has to go. Tyla needs to diversify her style, her album is good but it sounds like 10 versions of Water.

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

Tyla album is actually nice, cannot say the same for Tate.

But she needs to be more hungry and go out there to promote

This.  Tate is a better performer, I'll give her that.  

But Tyla album was better, and she has a unique POV as an artist…which I think will ultimately help with longevity.

But Epic better not **** up this next single.  "Jump" is already showing signs of being a hit.  They need to let "ART" go and get to work on securing "Jump" as THE summer hit.  

both cant sing for their lives and mediocre music choices style

tate has no identity from billie carbon-copy to olivia carbon-copy to camila environmental sustainable trash which otherwise shows her versatile to score hit after hit so far.

tyla has only release 3 songs, been thinking, jump, and water (versions), she literally is on her 'pon de replay' bag atm and it's gotta be tate for now.

Tyla is lazy so she won't be MPG. 

Tate is really eager to stick around but she still faceless because Think Later sounds so generic.

stop thinking a girl will be a MPG because she got a viral hit challenge 

Tyla is better to listen to and she's doing what Tate is doing a bit more effortlessly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SamirahAyesha said:

Tyla is so overrated. She is only "famous" because she is pretty/attractive .  she's as vanilla as they come. she's the poster child for blandness. Zero personality, zero originality, no distinctive sound or artistic identity.....

Let's be real if she wasn't eye candy, nobody would give attention to her forgettable, cookie-cutter music. I'm confused by all the praise she gets. Yawn.

Literally no other Pop girl is doing her sound currently though??

And the Afrobeats girlies (Ayra Starr, Amaarae, etc). have been trying but haven't gotten a hit as global as Tyla.  They just don't have Pop appeal.   

So, I don't really see any others in her lane right now.  But maybe that's just me.    

Out of curiosity, which Pop girls that debuted in last 2 or so years do you feel have a unique artistic identity?  

Tyla for sure

for some reason i don't think Tate is gonna have another big hit like Greedy again + the same dance moves with the hair flips are getting really boring 

• Like 1

Tyla is more tolerable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.