🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale (pg.685)

thecptz

Mabel - Begging

Sounds like a Kristinia DeBarge bop mixed with Leave (Get Out) :mandown:

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie Rogers - Alaska

Pretty, I suppose - but didn't this chart in the US? What's it doing here...

Siobhán Donaghy - Ghosts

I adore the trip hop elements in this! Harmonic, ethereal, captivating. Medieval is a good descriptor that someone used, it feels from another time and place. 

COMEBACK

Adrianne Lenker - Ruined: mama I fell asleep

Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER: this is a SOTYYYYYYYY YESSSS!!!! it might even be her best song ever, it's sooooo cute and sweet and the melodies and production are sooooooo perfect 

Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With a Strawberry In The Mouth: ouuu this is so good, it could've easily been on the standard edition, fadoline paidsumchecks

Nelly Furtado - Love Bites: it's okay but I wish the chorus hit waaaay harder...

5 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

Maggie Rogers - Alaska

Pretty, I suppose - but didn't this chart in the US? What's it doing here...

it didn't chart in the main chart!

• Like 1

Goldilox - Candy Girl

Oh Kim Petras don't make that face

COMEBACK

Kesha - Backstabber: Animal is one of my favorite albums of ALL time... with that said you had many better options from it... still this will get high points from me

Lady Gaga - Sour Candy: a GAY bop slay the house down boots mama. 

Iveta Mukuchyan - Depi Nor Irakanutyun: girl I need you to be sooo serious with me right now :deadbanana:

Mabel - Begging: the entire About Last Night album was right there but instead you chose to send a random 2017 track... let's think that through for a second now 

Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl

Chill R&B, what's more to say? I wouldn't be opposed to hearing it again...in the background of a clothing store.

Corinne Bailey Rae - Closer

It's no Put Your Records On, but I'm sure it'll suffice. Not really standing out from the pack for me.

COMEBACK

Maggie Rogers - Alaska: this has always been a lovely song, it has such a sweet and pure feeling to it, very similar to what I feel with BIRDS OF A FEATHER now that I think about it, loooove 

Siobhan Donaghy - Ghosts: sometimes I wish I knew y'alls thought process when deciding what to send like please :bibliahh:

Goldilox - Candy Girl: it's kinda funsy but like that's about it 

Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl: it's fine... okay

COMEBACK

Corinne Bailey Rae - Closer: it's okay but this group is stacked and I don't think this will be getting points

hemlocke springs - sever the blight: I've never been the biggest fan of her voice but this song is pretty fun!

Posted (edited)

hemlocke springs - sever the blight

Finally something to get me moving again, I was falling asleep there for a second. This is really good. I've only heard of her in passing but now I'm interested to listen to more of what she has to offer. I see you getting a good amount of points with this! :fan:

Edited by nostalgic

26 minutes ago, thecptz said:

it didn't chart in the main chart!

Oop...interesting

mhiya.thumb.gif.c11c29dceb3f0b3680351b71

since I didn't find many new songs to add to my playlist in the main group, lemme listening to the comeback girlies. here's my quick lil reviews absolutely nobody asked for and which won't impact anything:

alemeda - "first love song" - ooh i loved this, her voice reminded me of a mix between tinashe and jade from little mix at points (positive, love those girls). i might playlist this? v v cute

mitski - "bug like an angel" - fine song, just not interesting enough. probably sounds good in an album context, but not really in a mixed genre playlist context. food for thought!

kylie minogue - "things we do for love" - this album was a bit of a mixed bag for me, and this was one of the songs I didn't like as much. it's grown on me you should have sent "hands" imo

dua lipa - "happy for you" - thank you for getting dua banned so I don't have to suffer through radical optimism tracks during the main game x i can't believe you didn't send "whatcha doing" or "falling forever" tho

billie eilish - "chihiro" - unlike the dua senders, you both picked great MPG CPGs. i wasn't as crazy about this song as most upon first listen but it's grown on me. congrats on being a quick lil bih x

carla wehbe - "you make me sick" - this was really fun, i genuinely really enjoyed this a lot. might playlist this one also. already making me glad i listened to this playlist. i wish you luck x

ashley tisdale - "erase and rewind" - why is this giving "i misunderstood the assignment and thought I had to send a rock song," ijbol, this is such a weird choice for comeback but i'd have stanned it in the main round

dua lipa - "these walls" - the worst song of all time i fear, read my review for the other dua song

lsdxoxo - "j'adore" - this was one of the songs of all time

ravyn lenae - "love me not" - a lot better than the last three songs but it's still kind of mid for me idk :/ it's not bad just not something i'd probably come back to i don't think

the cars - "candy-o" - tell me you don't really want to come back without telling me you don't really want to come back, this is also giving "i misunderstood the assignment" like the ashley tisdale song

ditonellapiaga - "mary" - tell me you don't really want to come back without telling me you don't really want to come back [2], but at least this one was a bit fun

adrianne lenker - "ruined" - like the mitski song, it's a fine song, but just doesn't work in a mixed genre playlist context imo

billie eilish - "birds of a feather" - oh you ate. best song on the album. i'm also glad billie's banned now but not bc i wouldn't want to listen to the songs, but they'd be auto-safeties imo. slayyy mama

caroline polachek - "spring is coming with a strawberry in the mouth" - this long ass title pls. i've only listened to the everasking edition tracks once and I wasn't amazed, this is okay tho. not bad

nelly furtado, tove lo, sg lewis - "love bites" - the way i gagged when this song was finally announced the same week i sent "pineapple slice". idk i like this, it's no "call on me"/"pineapple slice" but it's cute idk

kesha - "backstabber" - song of the everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, like as soon as i saw this playlist this song stuck out to me and i can't believe it's never been sent for this game before? one of her best deep cuts omfg

lady gaga, blackpink - "sour candy" - never been that hot for this song, it's so clearly a writing camp'd cut-and-pasted two song ideas together kind of mess, but somehow they make it work. it's a fun cute bop

iveta mukuchyan - "depi nor irakanutyun" - tell me you don't really want to come back without telling me you don't really want to come back [3], like there's no way you sat there like, "yep, this is the one!!" ijbol

mabel - "begging" - okayyyyy back to when mabel was in her dua lipa self-titled cosplay era. kinda screaming at the way she is pronouncing "begging" like "bagging". it's not my fave from her but it's fine

maggie rogers - "alaska" - surprised this hasn't been sent before? anyway i hated this song the first time i heard it but it used to play all the time at my old workplace and kinda grew. she's a cute girl

siobhan donaghy - "ghosts" - the weird sounds at the beginning were kind of fun? then they stayed throughout the song and became really annoying imo. also giving misunderstood the assignment a lil bit, hmph

goldilox - "candy girl" - i thought i was gonna like this and i wanted to but... something about it just felt off? idk i couldn't get into this one tho sorry

teedra moses - "be your girl" - this was cute, nice, okay. i'm sure the r&b fans will be gagging but this was just meh to me overall i suppose

corinne bailey rae - "closer" - now this... now this is fun and funky yes. really digging the vibe of this one. this was a pleasant and smooth listen yes, very nice

hemlocke springs - "sever the blight" - hmm not really feeling this one... um wait the switch up? gurl you gagged me good. i didn't super love this or her voice, but this was probs the most interesting song of the round!

my top ten (in playlist order / not ranked order)

alemeda - "first love song"

billie eilish - "chihiro"

carla wehbe - "you make me sick"

billie eilish - "birds of a feather"
caroline polachek - "spring is coming with a strawberry in the mouth"

nelly furtado, tove lo, sg lewis - "love bites"

kesha - "backstabber"
lady gaga, blackpink - "sour candy"
maggie rogers - "alaska"
corinne bailey rae - "closer"

• Like 1

Mabel- Begging: What is this mama? What were you thinking serving me unseasoned chicken? Where is the goddamn FLAVOR! :biblio:

Posted (edited)

Maggie Rogers - Alaska: Obvious child but kinda an undeniable BOP! That ethereal chorus gets me groovin' every time :hippo:

Edited by patchwerk

Siobhán Donaghy - Ghosts: I want to start by giving you major props for sending something so unique and refusing to pander. There were a few really great elements in this, but I just couldn't get on board with the 'yoda-speak' nor did I like the 'yvan eht nioj' effect on the vocals that made them sound like they were playing in reverse. Sorry to this man…

Goldilox - Candy GirlShe's cute! Her flow in the wonka verse was giving Azealia which was cool. The mumble-rap from the feature kinda tanked the track. The extended outro instrumental became grating. But still better than a lot of other songs here.

Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl: This started off strong but stayed in the same pocket for the entire duration so I guickly grew tired of it. I'm aware this is a personal preference but this entire game has been very rnb heavy so I wanna hear something different sweetie x

Corinne Bailey Rae - Closer: Wow everyone has been PAYOLA-ing the hell outta this in the group chat. so I was expecting great things, but it's just fine... Certainly no 'put your records on' or 'like a star' :michael:

hemlocke springs - sever the blight: Oh heck yeah, we're ending on a SMASHA!!! Thank god, it was bad there for a sec. The production was a slay! The quirky vibes worked for this! They didn't detract, unlike a lot of the other tracks here, so I'm impressed.

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry: okay girl no one said the song had to be pure rock n roll :rockon: it's fine but that's it for me

Mazzy Star - Blue Light: I saw this vinyl at the record store today, didn't buy it tho, this is nice albeit a tad long for its pace

Rachel Chinouriri - The Hills: this is cutesy, not bad

The Veronicas - Invisible: oh this is my fave so far… they made a bop here

Charlotte Sands - spite: oh yup another bop, I really like this one too she ate

Caroline Loveglow - Happy Happy: this is nice and pleasant to listen to, but for the purposes of the round it kinda goes nowhere for me

Wet Leg - Wet Dream: didn't like this album when I first listened and stlil don't apparently! this is one of the better songs I guess cuz my ears aren't bleeding rn

beabadoobee - Don't get the deal: hmmmm, it's kinda nice but also the male vocal echoing her in the background kinda annoys me

Hannah Jadagu - What You Did: I really like the guitar on this one, the rest is just fine tho

Katy Perry - Circle the Drain: she ******* ended that loser, have always loved this since the first time I heard it as a promo single (although my personal Katy choice for this round would probably be A Cup of Coffee)

The Cardigans - Communication: this is saur depressing but in a good way, you found me crying, you crew too, we both crode

Hannah Jadagu - Lose: oh this is cute I really like it as well, her two songs here are pretty equal to me

Britney Spears - Lonely: mega mega mega bop, probably my fave on this album

Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones: oh mother this was super cute, I liked it and the slight country vibes ate

Paramore - Miracle: you just can't go wrong with early Paramore… period

The Cranberries - Sunday: umm honestly it just kinda was there for me

Rachel Chinouriri - Never Need Me: oh love this, wow period

Weyes Blood - Twin Flame: her songs do not stand out enough to be sent in these games for me idk, the albums are like bodies of work not meant to be separated from each other

Michelle Branch - 'Til I Get Over You: what an immaculately beautiful breathtaking masterpiece, this will absolutely be getting my 12 :heart2:

Wednesday - Chosen to Deserve: oh wow I thought I was done but I still have 5 minutes and 32 seconds left… and the album has RAT in the title… I knew I wouldn't like it from jump… except this is quite good so period thank you, I like the slight country vibes here as well

and that's it! other comments shall be kept to myself for now :gaycat5:

Not critiquing, will just send ranks. 

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry - not for me 

Mazzy Star - Blue Light - I like it

Rachel Chinouriri - The Hills - queen

The Veronicas - Invisible - cute 

Charlotte Sands - spite - its ok 

Caroline Loveglow - Happy Happy - good enough 

Wet Leg - Wet Dream - hate this stage name so much. this was ok

beabadoobee - Don't get the deal - it's ok 

Hannah Jadagu - What You Did - ok black queen 

Katy Perry - Circle The Drain - yas queen, big banger. 12. 

The Cardigans - Communication - it's ok 

Hannah Jadagu - Lose - ok queen slay 

Britney Spears - Lonely - not bad

Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones - cute 

Paramore - Miracle - cute-ish 

The Cranberries - Sunday - its ok-ish 

Rachel Chinouriri - Never Need Me - yes queen 

Weyes Blood - Twin Flame - amazing song, soft rock is a genre. 

Michelle Branch - 'Til I Get Over You - like this 

Wednesday - Chosen to Deserve - not for me 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.