Does Beyonce continuously winning drive certain ATRLers insane?

Bears01

98.. out!!! 

that was an era 

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Haha 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• byzantium

• Bears01

• FSXP

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its her winning so much as it is her undisputed excellence. Somebody out there being objectively more skilled in every discipline that goes into being a pop star than their fav does a number on the most delusive members of every base, they cannot reckon with a reality where the most technically excellent of something and their personal favorite are completely different.

We've seen basically every base on ATRL take a turn being OBHs over the years, even ones who are currently more successful for this reason.

Edited by Sheep

Yes a certain fan base expected this to flop like that dead horse album

@Xtina23, boo, where is you?!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, byzantium said:

ATRL hates seeing women win and succeed.  This is nothing new. 

You included apparently 

Just now, Ya Ya said:

You included apparently 

Interesting theory.  Are you referencing me my comments in that Hilary Clinton thread about how what I think she is saying is bad for the party? 

Just now, byzantium said:

Interesting theory.  Are you referencing me my comments in that Hilary Clinton thread about how what I think she is saying is bad for the party? 

No just your past antics in Beyoncé threads :chick1:

• Haha 2

Yes. Some fanbases are not receiving music that garners sales or acclaim, and they are distraught because their happiness depends on these metrics. If they were receiving decent music, they might be a little less miserable.

3 minutes ago, Ya Ya said:

No just your past antics in Beyoncé threads :chick1:

You must have me confused for someone else because I'm a pretty big Beyonce fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

You must have me confused for someone else because I'm a pretty big Beyonce fan. 

Well we love a rebrand 

Glad you've grown up 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Ya Ya said:

Well we love a rebrand 

Glad you've grown up 

spacer.png

I've been a fan since 4?  But ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.  Glad to know you are so invested in me :) 

bey is the undoutedly top queen, second only to we all know

Its not just her winning, its the fact that is a BLACK woman who has the consistent level of excellence their whites faves do not have. Almost "like stay in your place black lady". We hear the undertones. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ya Ya said:

Well we love a rebrand 

Glad you've grown up 

spacer.png

To be fair to @byzantium I think he just doesn't like the Hive. Loves Bey and has consistently said so. 

Certain Swifties make me wanna rip my eyelids out when I read their keyboard cancer, doesn't stop me from absolutely loving Taylor's music 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Yes. One stanbase in particular whose fave took a big nosedive is monstrously seething

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

:hoetenks:

Just now, Bears01 said:

To be fair to @byzantium I think he just doesn't like the Hive. Loves Bey and has consistently said so. 

Certain Swifties make me wanna rip my eyelids out when I read their keyboard cancer, doesn't stop me from absolutely loving Taylor's music 

I'll never be fair to them, but more power to you 

spacer.png

some people just can't stand how pure talent and actual stage power/impact will take you to a success path no matter what

beyoncé is a legend, a status many popstars have tried to achieve with careers even longer than hers

IMG_8087.thumb.gif.453f3a5854c9a94121bfa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

Yes. One stanbase in particular whose fave took a big nosedive is monstrously seething

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

Which one? 

It's so funny to me how every fanbase become insufferable and hateful once their fav's music becomes successful 

don't get me wrong i hate Bey with every fiber of my being but i actually respect her longevity and talent as a performer but that's all 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Kingdom said:

Its not just her winning, its the fact that is a BLACK woman who has the consistent level of excellence their whites faves do not have. Almost "like stay in your place black lady". We hear the undertones. 

If the thread needs a serious answer, this is the one. Beyoncé was not considered a lot of people's pick. ATRL might be built on Britney's massive success and popularity, but the most asked question since Y2K is who could even succeed Madonna in terms of a generation defining female popstar. Beyoncé having the success she does through re-invention and versatility irks them cause they thought their fave would reach that level of critical and commercial success at the same time like Madge did at one point.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KORDEI said:

I feel like a lot of her most notorious haters have come around to her compared to when I was a kid on here. 

I see so many users who were the most vile to her in the SYG days of 2011-2013 rooting for her now :deadbanana:

Feels like I'm in the twilight zone having not used this site for so many years. I still see ppl hating but it's not hitting like it used to 

well yes but she's also improved her output tremendously and actually puts thought into her albums post 2011. 

IMG_8087.thumb.gif.453f3a5854c9a94121bfa 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Burn said:

Yes but one stanbase in particular I must say

tumblr_mrimu7TB7L1sems1do1_500.gif

Well, certainly not ME!

lbr, it drives everyone insane lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.