Billie Eilish drags artists releasing different vinyls for numbers and money

k4rmabutterfly

4 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Beyonce offered exclusive songs on each variant? Were her variants time limited to 48 hours?

Her variants were literally marked as "exclusives" on her website despite NOT being exclusives. It was false advertising all around, especially considering the fact that SEVERAL songs on the standard edition of the album are not even included on the physicals. You are being so hypocritical :skull:

• Like 2

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Feanor

• suburbannature

• Blue Monday

Beyonce didn't advertise having an additional exclusive song attached to each different variant STOP being dishonest and tryhard. It not the same thing in the slightest.

Bravo Billie drag the money hungry greedy selfish polluters!

• Thumbs Down 3

10 hours ago, bluebirdsforever said:

"My billionaire pop star is less greedy than yours" is quite literally the most boring form of discourse I can possibly imagine

Billie being less greedy and more environmentally active is actually a much bigger flex than charts and trophies for the eyelashes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It is a disgusting practice. You can thumbs down and disagree all you want. Every big name including all of my own favs are greedy for it and I hate it. Not enough to dislike them or anything, but call it what it is. Idc if it's them or their labels. We already have every other industry and company exploiting us as much as possible, can we not enjoy one thing without being bled dry of money?

It's even worse when tracks are hidden behind buying each variant, only to then later release a version AGAIN with all of it to make more sales. Telling me "you don't have to buy it" isn't a defense no matter what some like to say. I am aware and am not purchasing them because of that. But If I use that logic then you should never get to enjoy anything either without being exploited to the maximum possible limit and don't complain. It is one of the worst modern trends in music. If you are somehow offended this is about your fav it might be a sign you are so caught up in their marketing tactics you think your fav is somehow not greedy then you are one of the morons who deserves to be exploited. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Feanor said:

They are exactly the same as both artists offer their albums in multiple physical variants. Visuals have no correlation with the fact that you can 'TTPD' or 'COWBOY CARTER' with 4 different vinyl versions.

You see no correlation in Beyoncé not promoting her last two smash albums with visuals while others who have been in the industry for similar time as her do everything to promote the album with music videos and album variants? 

reading comprehension has left the chat.

• Thanks 1

She's enviromentalist now IMAGINE what she thinks of Taylor's private jet use :rip: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jorq said:

She's enviromentalist now IMAGINE what she thinks of Taylor's private jet use :rip: 

While Billie herself has no problem collaborating with fast fashion brands anf luxury brands? Which has way worse emissions waste than the music industry? That "enviromentalist" Billie?! Out of all the popstars, she's the one collabs with them the most since she's the go-to influencer for GenZ.

It's also very Gen Z of her trying to be a puritan for some brownie points thou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:44 AM, Letemtalk said:

Billboard who prefer to count vinyl albums compared to other forms of delivery, even though we know that a large percentage of vinyl albums are not listened to by fans, they are just collectors items, especially when multiple versions/covers are sold. 50% of the buyers don't even own a vinyl record player.

i don't think cds are any different, maybe even worse than vinyl in terms of being merch

• Like 1

Billy being a new sjw. 

Lol

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:48 PM, If U Seek Amy said:

It is a disgusting practice. You can thumbs down and disagree all you want. Every big name including all of my own favs are greedy for it and I hate it. Not enough to dislike them or anything, but call it what it is. Idc if it's them or their labels. We already have every other industry and company exploiting us as much as possible, can we not enjoy one thing without being bled dry of money?

It's even worse when tracks are hidden behind buying each variant, only to then later release a version AGAIN with all of it to make more sales. Telling me "you don't have to buy it" isn't a defense no matter what some like to say. I am aware and am not purchasing them because of that. But If I use that logic then you should never get to enjoy anything either without being exploited to the maximum possible limit and don't complain. It is one of the worst modern trends in music. If you are somehow offended this is about your fav it might be a sign you are so caught up in their marketing tactics you think your fav is somehow not greedy then you are one of the morons who deserves to be exploited. 

So it's their fault people are dumb and waste their money on  this ****? Don't buy them, simple - you solve your problem :skull:

Your second paragraph doesn't rebuke what I'm saying at all lol you spend your money on what is important to you, whether some others would consider it a waste or not. Not the music industry's fault there's demand for these variants lol

• Thanks 1

Someone had to say it

She is making ME! become a stan :heart:

• Haha 1

Ajskks the finger pointing taking place in here

My fave who hasn't released a vinyl since 2010 can't relate, she won't even release another album, out of respect for climate change of course, EXACTLY!!!

:clap3: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Not this thread single-handedly reviving ATRL :bibliahh:

18 pages for what?

Horizon Flame
On 4/1/2024 at 2:10 AM, Jay07 said:

Yeah, if your goal is still to sell the most after being a billionaire, that's called greed. It's exactly what Billie is calling out.

First off, Eilish's 15 minutes are almost up. Second, artists are not doing it just for money but for the charts which are all over the place thanks to the public not buying physical albums anymore. Artists are trying to give collectors incentives to buy the material to make up for lost profits. Artists make very little money from music and music is expensive to produce. Eilish probably has no idea where her money is even at. She sounds like a typical idiot Zoomer. 

Edited by Horizon Flame
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Billie vs Charli XCX confirmed!

Can't wait for TTPD debut numbers :duca:

Another meltdown by Billie coming. 

Edited by Roger21
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

So it's their fault people are dumb and waste their money on  this ****? Don't buy them, simple - you solve your problem :skull:

Your second paragraph doesn't rebuke what I'm saying at all lol you spend your money on what is important to you, whether some others would consider it a waste or not. Not the music industry's fault there's demand for these variants lol

You assume demand for a variant = people are happy with it. People may hate it but accept they want it enough to reluctantly accept the cost. It doesn't make it right to exploit people simply because you can when you can… put it all on one sale. And it is not their fault if people are dumb or waste their money. But it is their fault for making things excessively more expensive to fully enjoy things needlessly. But I mean if you wanna be the moron who is okay paying for multiple of the same thing + 1 track instead of all it in one sale that would be more morally correct by all means enjoy. But not everyone wants that and realizes it's messed up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, If U Seek Amy said:

You assume demand for a variant = people are happy with it. People may hate it but accept they want it enough to reluctantly accept the cost. It doesn't make it right to exploit people simply because you can when you can… put it all on one sale. And it is not their fault if people are dumb or waste their money. But it is their fault for making things excessively more expensive to fully enjoy things needlessly. But I mean if you wanna be the moron who is okay paying for multiple of the same thing + 1 track instead of all it in one sale that would be more morally correct by all means enjoy. But not everyone wants that and realizes it's messed up 

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Trying to do better for the environment is valid and I support Billie in that.

Bringing in monetary greed is gonna backfire though. Billie is filthy rich herself, and will inevitably continue to earn millions through merchandise, perfume, albums, touring etc. She's been a massive cash cow for the industry and has benefited greatly herself. 

17 hours ago, EriKills said:

Ajskks the finger pointing taking place in here

My fave who hasn't released a vinyl since 2010 can't relate, she won't even release another album, out of respect for climate change of course, EXACTLY!!!

:clap3: 

Natalia kills the environment

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2024 at 11:00 PM, Gesi said:

Bravo Billie drag the money hungry greedy selfish polluters!

I didn't even mention any name, why im been downvoted?!!

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.