Is "Jai Ho!" still that bop?

naval23

It was a bop when it came out, but in general "Doll Domination" aged horribly. "PCD" on the other hand sounds so fresh till this day. 

• Like 1

absolutely and nicole's vocals were perfect for this kind of sound, second verse hits the hardest :jonny:

• Like 1

yeah it's timeless and i still hear it and bop to this day :clap:

• Like 1

Hush Hush, IHTP, WTAT, WIGU, and even Bottle Pop are all CLASSICS in my house. :WAP:

• Like 1

huge boppppp

I remember having my life listening to it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Song is still a bop, indeed, but Slumdog Millionaire aged like wine and I still don't understand how it swept at the Oscars :rip:

"Aging like wine" is a good thing sis :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Riot said:

"Aging like wine" is a good thing sis :deadbanana2:

I wrote this right after I woke up during my morning ATRL scroll. I was half-awake half-asleep

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Misguided Ghost said:

It was a bop when it came out, but in general "Doll Domination" aged horribly. "PCD" on the other hand sounds so fresh till this day. 

Strong disagree. The Dolls (or at least Nicole) came back with a VENGEANCE and encapsulated the sound of 2009-10. IMO there's even less filler despite the much longer tracklist. Painted Windows and Elevator win against any pcd album track and half the singles.

1 minute ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Strong disagree. The Dolls (or at least Nicole) came back with a VENGEANCE and encapsulated the sound of 2009-10. IMO there's even less filler despite the much longer tracklist. Painted Windows and Elevator win against any pcd album track and half the singles.

Songs like "Wait a Minute", "Beep", "Buttons" or "Stickwitu" just always hit harder for me. I do agree on "Painted Windows" though, one of their best songs. 

• Like 1

Yes it's a bop but I've never been able to listen to it the same since it became a drinking game 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:31 AM, Pendulum said:

Song is still a bop, indeed, but Slumdog Millionaire aged like wine and I still don't understand how it swept at the Oscars :rip:

I rewatched it recently and I enjoyed it. It was a cute movie. The kids did a great job.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:05 AM, Misguided Ghost said:

I used to think the same thing, but I think Doll Dominations has a lot of gems like I Hate This Part, Painted Windows, Elevator, Hush Hush (both versions), Who's Gonna Love You and even Love the Way You Love Me. I think the issue is that DD leans more towards urban so it alienates people who prefer something that's more pop.

That would be a YES :clap3::clap3: And they shot the video in my hometown so :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.