Is "Jai Ho!" still that bop?

naval23

They were underperforming hard with "Doll Domination" and had one chance and released this bop at their lowest

It went #1 in Australia (their first since "Don't Cha) and top 10 in 20+ countries and #2 on the European Hot 100 (their highest since "Stickwitu" almost 4 years prior)

• Like 6

A MASSIVE bop

• Like 1

Yes. And it's better than the female vocals by Maha Lakshmi Iyer in the original. Nicole did a great job singing the song even though some of the lyrics she and Ester Dean wrote were cheesy.

Fun fact: AR Rahman is LIP SYNCING to the male vocals in the video. That is NOT his voice. I think it's Vijay Prakash singing.

• Like 2

The international boppery they were giving with this :clap3: still a timeless classic, as is Slumdog Millionaire. 

• Like 1

JaiHo! Bala! Bala! *twirls hips* :gaycatina1:

Yes.

• Like 3

I mean it gave Cheetah Girls Strut level tacky.

Edited by LCTV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

yes :intoit:

Yes but "featuring Nicole Scherzinger" is a disgrace 

• Like 8

This has got to be one of the messiest songs ever. Just the fact they turned "Jai Ho" into a pop girl remix. The 'feat. Nicole Scherzinger' credit. Nicole mispronouncing it as "Jay Ho" and them keeping it in the final version. The fact the PCD did the soundtrack single to a Best Picture winning movie (iconic).

But a bop is a bop!

You are the reason that I breathe

Jai hooooooo

You are the reason that I still believe

:katie2:

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Fun fact: AR Rahman is LIP SYNCING to the male vocals in the video. That is NOT his voice. I think it's Vijay Prakash singing.

:deadbanana2: More mess

Yes! Timeless movie… timeless BOP! They should have had the cast dance to this version in the credits instead 

You are my destiny :WAP:

Edited by Poxy

Yes. I Hate This Part from the same album remains the superior song tho :clap3:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Yes but "featuring Nicole Scherzinger" is a disgrace 

It was supposed to be "AR Rahman featuring Nicole Scherzinger," but Interscope tacked on "and the Pussycat Dolls" last minute to capitalize on the popularity of the movie during awards show season and to save Doll Domination.

22 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

Nicole mispronouncing it as "Jay Ho" and them keeping it in the final version. 

"Jay Hoe" is a much more accurate pronunciation than "Jie Hoe" like most North Americans pronounced it.

Jai does not rhyme with high and Ho does not rhyme with toe. 

Absolutely. 

The Pussycat Dolls (feat. Nicole Scherzinger) :skull:

• Haha 3

The original version of the song is a bop

We as a society need to take back the cultural appropriation in music and videos.

Song is still a bop, indeed, but Slumdog Millionaire aged like wine and I still don't understand how it swept at the Oscars :rip:

Not for me, still like it, but rarely use it. However, I remember being so obsessed back in 2009. There was so come crack on that song, I swear, fun track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.