Rihanna's "Work" has aged so well. Let's appreciate its timelessness

Just a Gay on ATRL

Work is top10 in her discography tbh. Those who get it, get it.

Glad to see atrl giving it her deserved flowers :clap3:  

6 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Streaming wasn't on full effect yet . That's probably why. Besides Work. LOTB, Needed Me and KIB didn't peak high in the sales chart (#11, #17 and out of the top 50 for KIB). LOTB had pop radio support but it's streaming and digital sales were weak (though it ended up the most streamed song from the album because of reccurent stats). Needed Me has more streams in the US than Work, but it didn't have much pop radio support and like I stated only peaked at #17 on the digital sales chart. KIB would've done better if it was released separately and BBHMH would've done better in 2017-2018. Hip Hop/Trap songs weren't that popular in 2015.

AAHHH OKAY! That explains it. Yeah streaming was just starting to pick up and didn't explode until 2016. And the landscape was different. But I feel if she had played her cards right and worked on visuals, those singles def would've hit #1 or at LEAST top 5

I wrote it off as a quick little trendhopping single back in the day, but I must admit it has held up well over time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.