Beyoncé - Dangerously In Love Appreciation Thread

crf13

THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM:

Her debut (while successful is still quite underrated considering most think only the singles are the good songs when there are so many great deep cuts)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still her best singles run imo. A very solid debut.

• Like 8

R&Byoncé >>>>>

underrated in her discography but a solid album and one of the best debuts for a MPG. 

my top 3:

- speechless

- dangerously in love

- crazy in love 

:jonny5:

• Like 1

There's a lot of great album tracks. Yes, Be With You, Speechless...

• Like 2

Her only true R&Beyoncé album and I literally live for it.

Dangerously (the song) is truly one of her most beautiful song to date.

The triple punch Crazy / Naughty / Baby Boy ? Let us BREATHE sis? We want to dance not die! 

• Like 1

Her best album BY FAR.

It would smash just as hard if released today. Timeless.

Truly one of her best albums. 

I don't know why it's paid dust but it's an amazing debut. 

Be With You :heart2:

Dangerously in Love 

Speechless 

20 years later and this album still knocks. Classic. 

• Like 1

It's one of the best debuts by a MPG. Not only did she serve quality bops, the album also further solidified her as a vocalist,  and made the industry to start to respect her as an artist 

• Like 1

Great Debut. Most Pop stans don't like pure r&b from black women lol. It's not her best album but not her worst either.

What's It Gonna Be is only a Japan bonus track and it's better than half the songs that made the album. A Britney tea. 

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Like 1

My favorite album from her. 

Spoiler

Lowkey the inspiration for confessions and emancipation of mimi :eli:

I've been listening to Dangerously In Love (the song) a lot today actually. Such a beautiful song. :heart2:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint luv said:

My favorite album from her. 

Hide contents

Lowkey the inspiration for confessions and emancipation of mimi :eli:

I somewhat agree. She set the stage for 2000's contemporary R&B that was the perfect mix of neo-soul (Alicia, India, Jill Scott) and pop/R&B (Ashanti, Mya). She set the perfect balance that Usher & Mariah used that was more contemporary than their 90's offerings. 

I rank it as her 2nd worst album but it really is a great album. 

• Like 1

Her best era in terms of singles choices/performances /music videos .  Everything was on point. The amount of Beyonce clones that came out of Crazy in Love was insane . Never seen so many girls in stilletos, ruffle mini dresses, with hair fans and choreography before . Just fashion wise, DIL was so iconic. Many of the girls were in denim and doing tomboy looks not diva before Beyonce . Alicia even got more fem after DIL. I remember everyone thinking emancipation of Mimi cover and JLos get right was Beyonce inspired and of course early Rihanna.

truly an iconic era 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

What's It Gonna Be is only a Japan bonus track and it's better than half the songs that made the album. A Britney tea. 

ITS SO GOOD!!! It's ridiculous it didn't make the standard cut over the Matthew Knowles tribute song. It should've been right before That's How I Like It and the album should've ended with Gift from Virgo.

• Like 1

I adore this album but Be With You is possibly one of the most underrrated songs ever by her

• Like 2

The fact that it's a CLASSIQUE with 11/10 songs on songs and it's still only her 6th best album :WAP:

The best singles run of her career - not a single miss

Dangerously In Love (song) is also immaculate and let's not forget her epic In Da Cluh cover

• Like 2

This is her most underrated record! I personally love it so much, there's a lot of great songs on it. 

But its biggest drawback is that it suffers from bloating. It's quite a long album and a few of the tracks are clear filler/subpar. Remove those and you get a very strong 11-12 tracks record.

I deleted That's How You Like It, Hip Hop Star and Daddy from my library and honestly the album works and flows so much better. It's on par with B'Day for me like this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crf13 said:

It's ridiculous it didn't make the standard cut over the Matthew Knowles tribute song. 

Good lord I completely forgot about this song :toofunny3: But YES it's amazing, it easily could've replaced any of the songs in the final third of the album. Such a missed opportunity. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.