• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Just now, Garbaj said:

my point. shes making the music SHE wants to make. anyway it goes... you gave a "boring" song streams; helping her in the long run. the NATION thanks you!! xoxo.

@305

@Nashe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

lmao a lot of you come in here to say it was boring and etc. i think you want to push negativity so everyone else can join in right with you lol.

of course a bunch of twinks this is "boring" lol. 1:59 is not for y'all!

Thank you! The fact some people have come in here to comment this, when it's quite obvious what they're trying to do.

the amount of high expectations this diva faces on this site... 

Anyways, this is a total bop for me but where's the MV?!

She should've dropped the MV/Visual or Candy Paint with this

IMG_9516.gif?ex=662c2329&is=662ad1a9&hm=

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Based on this response I'm pretty sure you don't know what dopamine is.

Clearly she is going for sex/pleasure with this album. Dopamine is widely considered the pleasure neurotransmitter. That's why the term "dope" was coined.

If your post was to suggest that the song was slow and sleepy, you may be confusing dopamine with adrenaline. 
Dopamine is only loosely connected to movement, involved in generating the motivation to do what it takes to get to a reward. It's responsible for driving someone to post nonsense online hoping to get positive feedback from like-minded trolls.

Let me get back on that vibe again…..

I appreciate the wiki article.  I know it's hard to deal when this place isn't an echo chamber of praise. Perhaps you can do another google search for some helpful coping mechanisms. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Let me get back on that vibe again…..

22 minutes ago, Abie Roy said:

I appreciate the wiki article.  I know it's hard to deal when this place isn't an echo chamber of praise. Perhaps you can do another google search for some helpful coping mechanisms. 

You can like or not like the song. That's the beauty of art. I was just amused at you claiming she might not understand what dopamine meant when nothing about the song conflicts with how the hormone works.

By the way I don't have to wiki something that is part of my day job.

- Back on that vibe again

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is actually the most instant song of hers for me. I absolutely love the vibe.

I'm just surprised it didn't come with a video. Normani has so much charisma and stage presence, a mv would sell it even more. I hope they plan on dropping one soon.

• Like 3

I don't think the song is a smash, but I want to make it clear that, that doesn't mean I don't like it. I actually really like the song. Do I think it's single worthy? Not really. But I think a lot of people forget that it's about the music, and charts don't always matter. If this is what she wanted to release, then let her.

I love me a slow, sexy R&B track. So this is a yes for me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

You can like or not like the song. That's the beauty of art. I was just amused at you claiming she might not understand what dopamine meant when nothing about the song conflicts with how the hormone works.

By the way I don't have to wiki something that is part of my day job.

- Back on that vibe again

Unlike her other "leads," I think this song is not fun, exciting, or enjoyable. My original comment was all of one sentence long and in no way referenced your interpretation of it. So maybe the only person you're trying to convince this is not a "slow and sleepy" song is yourself. 

boring

• Haha 1

it's a cute song but idt it will do anything for her... 

• Like 1

Love this song but I do agree she needs something more uptempo...maybe Candy Paint is coming with the video on the album release

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Ok im no expert but can someone tell me what the producers are doing with her voice? It sounds so autotuned, like way too overproduced, i hate it. 

as you can hear 

she can sing, its just that she doesnt have "unique" tone so producers have to do something to make it interesting. she needs to be carried by production. otherwise is flat.

19 minutes ago, OldSoul said:

Love this song but I do agree she needs something more uptempo...maybe Candy Paint is coming with the video on the album release

I'm thinking 1:59 will get a video soon. Candy Paint mid to late May, and another song might a video on album release. 

10 hours ago, WheresJay said:

All? 

She's never had a top 10 single or any longevity 

Just now, Danny1021 said:

She has 2 top 10s and both are both multi platinum. Wild Side was Top 15 (2x platinum) and Motivation was Top 40 (platinum). What does speaking negatively out of term do for y'all? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danny1021 said:

Mind you she has 2 top 10 singles and had great longetivity with not only them, but also with the top 15 hit Wild Side :deadbanana4: at least don't come in here and lie. 

Love Lies, her literal debut single spent a whole year on Billboard Hot 100

• Like 6

Doesn't matter if she likes the song. The masses are calling it boring and unfortunately I don't see this being a hit for her. She washed her hype away with this release and if she wants to keep getting a budget and releasing albums shes gonna need streams and sales and a song like this aint gonna cut it.

Same thing i said for chloes boring last album and recent flops.

It's giving me early 2000s r&b vibe. Needs a few more listens but it sounds good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Mind you she has 2 top 10 singles and had great longetivity with not only them, but also with the top 15 hit Wild Side :deadbanana4: at least don't come in here and lie. 

Love Lies, her literal debut single spent a whole year on Billboard Hot 100

Those are collabs and her team werent behind those songs. Nice try.

And wild side was a nice semi-hit but she dropped the ball hard after that

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

See y'all in June.

39 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Those are collabs and her team werent behind those songs. Nice try.

And wild side was a nice semi-hit but she dropped the ball hard after that

Love Lies was full on her single with Khalid, her team was behind it. The Sam Smith song came from his team and had no promo at all. So what's your point? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.