Artists that will not make it to the end of this decade?

Solaria

JohnWayneHolland

People saying Ava Max as if she didn't fade already.

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Solaria

• Garbaj

• SoundsandSongs

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoebe Bridgers

19 minutes ago, alexrex said:

Beyoncé. 

History of people thinking Beyonce was over:

1. 2002 when her first solo single Work it Out flopped into oblivion. She  smashed with DIL in 2003.

2. 2006 when Deja Vu and Ring the Alarm underperformed. She smashed with Irreplaceable and Beautiful Liar.

3. 2011 when the 4 singles underperformed. 4 ended up with 9.6m units and Love on Top outstreamed many 2011 smashes like Born This Way and On the Floor.

4. Post Lemonade when her side projects like The Gift and EIL flopped. Y'all thought she would never smash again but she got two global streaming hits in Cuff It/Texas and is now #11 on Spotify's monthly listeners. She has never gotten below 300k+ debut weeks.

Beyonce has more than proven herself and is here to stay as long as she keeps her passion for music.

Edited by SoundsandSongs
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, wish said:

And then you woke up

spacer.png

Dua has gone through massive lashings it's Billie's turn again

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

People saying Ava Max as if she didn't fade already.

In the US maybe.

Hopefully Bad Bunny, Peso Pluma, Ice Spice and all mediocre people :cm: 

Edited by UnusualBoy
  • Like 1

As history proves time and time again, the artists whose music have more substance and depth last longer than the ones whose music are just disposable and shallow "trendy" party songs or sex songs or whatnot

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Lil Nas X will be fully gone.

9 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Nas X won't make it to the end of this year, let alone the decade. 

In terms of music probably (although did anyone see Montero being as successful at it was)

but he seems the type of personality who'll just always be famous/around regardless of medium (Cher, Bette Midler, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Queen Latifah, LL Cool, J-Lo, Kelly Clarkson etc), presumably Lizzo as well if she survives the lawsuits. Selena and Cardi too.

Dua's tricks have already stopped working and I don't see her lasting through the year let alone till the end of the decade...

Dua Lipa

Bad Buny

Peso Pluma

Ice Spice

Meghan Thee

Cardi B

Edited by Trainwreck

Onika:coffee: 

Ice spice isn't making it  this year :rip:
i don't see dua fading she has been a hit maker since 2015/16 she isn't fading any time soon. 
Maybe Olivia but i feel like she'll move like Avril, no commercial hits but a solid fanbase. 

Maluma

Bad Bunny

Karol G

Tate McRae

Edited by prézli
  • Like 1

i feel like most of these new artists & rappers will fade. 

1. bc most are modeling their careers after legends OR artists we witness doing the same.

2. nobody wants to be a "celebrity" they just rise to fame then stay out the way lol.

• Like 2

Britney Spears.

Her last single hasn't even crossed 400M streams on Spotify and now that the c-ship hype is completely over, she went under the radar. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Nicki Minaj :clack:

1 hour ago, YellowRibbon said:

Bad Bunny, his success has slowed down significantly and it's only going to get worse as LATAM has started to drop him in favour of new urban artists.

I feel like him dating Kendall did his image a lot of damage or maybe I'm delululu 

I don't really like Bad Bunny, but his latest album is far from a flop or underperformance. It was the 11th most streamed album on Spotify last week, and it was released 23 weeks ago. I have seen videos of his current tour and those concerts have sold out. He may be struggling to sell a few dates, but not everyone can always be atop.

Surprised no one said Cardi B yet tbh. 

not olivia, not billie and not doja

• Like 1

the truth right now is GEN Z only has olivia, billie, doja, and dua lipa; look at doja cat, she had 2 of the biggest hits last year during her "controversy" era. olivia and billie have kid fans... in a decade those fans will be about 18-25; they will still be perfectly interested in their music.

Edited by Garbaj

Of the breakout acts from the past 5+ years, the only ones I think will make it to 2030 are Olivia and Billie, just because they've cultivated the strongest fanbase and artistic narrative, so even when the hits flop, people are still interested in what happens next. Both Guts and HTE failed to live up to the commercial peaks of their predecessors, but no one has written them off as hitmakers or as public figures, because the interest is still piqued. 

Most of the recent breakout acts, who aren't just one hit wonders, but still have to play the radio game, like Lizzo, Lil Nas, Tate, Kid Laroi, Camila, and even to some degree Dua and Doja will one day discover that their fanbase has dumped them for the next new thing (for some it's already happened). Look at the streams of non-singles on their albums - Guts and HTE are both averaging over 100M, while Lizzo's Special, Lil Nas's Montero, Tate's Think Later, Kid's **** Love, Camila's Familia, and Doja's Scarlet have some abysmal streaming numbers when you discard the singles. Future Nostalgia held well here, but I have a strong feeling that Radical Optimism will perform the same as the albums from other acts in this category. With one album cycle, they can be on top of the world, and with the next they can be panned fads who should retire (the Katy Perry or Post Malone print). I'd say this is what awaits Jack Harlow, but I'd have said that after First Class too, so maybe he's got more left in him than I would naturally think. 

Wildcards are people like Harry, who overexposed himself big-time with As It Was, but if he comes back in 2026 should still find a strong market for him; SZA, who I think is liable to drift away mainstream pop music and back into the sonic niche she occupied with CTRL (which is popular but isn't exactly getting mass cultural permeation like Kill Bill); or the more legacy acts like Miley or Ariana or Selena or Bieber or Ed Sheeran or Adele or Bruno, or maybe even Sam Smith, who have proven themselves able to get a hit in the post-COVID landscape, but it's unclear if they've got enough gas left in the tank to continue as superstar hitmakers through the end of the decade or if they were reliant on a fluke moment or nostalgia. The only legacy acts who are guaranteed to make it are Taylor and Beyonce, but that's obvious :deadbanana4:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Of the breakout acts from the past 5+ years, the only ones I think will make it to 2030 are Olivia and Billie, just because they've cultivated the strongest fanbase and artistic narrative, so even when the hits flop, people are still interested in what happens next. Both Guts and HTE failed to live up to the commercial peaks of their predecessors, but no one has written them off as hitmakers or as public figures, because the interest is still piqued. 

Most of the recent breakout acts, who aren't just one hit wonders, but still have to play the radio game, like Lizzo, Lil Nas, Tate, Kid Laroi, Camila, and even to some degree Dua and Doja will one day discover that their fanbase has dumped them for the next new thing (for some it's already happened). Look at the streams of non-singles on their albums - Guts and HTE are both averaging over 100M, while Lizzo's Special, Lil Nas's Montero, Tate's Think Later, Kid's **** Love, Camila's Familia, and Doja's Scarlet have some abysmal streaming numbers when you discard the singles. Future Nostalgia held well here, but I have a strong feeling that Radical Optimism will perform the same as the albums from other acts in this category. With one album cycle, they can be on top of the world, and with the next they can be panned fads who should retire (the Katy Perry or Post Malone print). I'd say this is what awaits Jack Harlow, but I'd have said that after First Class too, so maybe he's got more left in him than I would naturally think. 

Wildcards are people like Harry, who overexposed himself big-time with As It Was, but if he comes back in 2026 should still find a strong market for him; SZA, who I think is liable to drift away mainstream pop music and back into the sonic niche she occupied with CTRL (which is popular but isn't exactly getting mass cultural permeation like Kill Bill); or the more legacy acts like Miley or Ariana or Selena or Bieber or Ed Sheeran or Adele or Bruno, or maybe even Sam Smith, who have proven themselves able to get a hit in the post-COVID landscape, but it's unclear if they've got enough gas left in the tank to continue as superstar hitmakers through the end of the decade or if they were reliant on a fluke moment or nostalgia. The only legacy acts who are guaranteed to make it are Taylor and Beyonce, but that's obvious :deadbanana4:

Agree with most of this, other than the fact you failed to consider Doja's ability to chameleon her way into any genre she wants, a similar trait she shares with ex-fellow labelmate Miley Cyrus, who I think is the artist that most aligns with Doja's career trajectory atp. Scarlet's whelming numbers are circumstantial, mostly because of the hits her reputation took in the press during its peak mess. However, her ability to score a hit is quite literally unmatched at the moment, reminds me of Rihanna in her prime aka both singles artists. I see her lasting longer because she's clearly carved her own spot in the industry in a way but maybe i'm just biased :fan:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Agree with most of this, other than the fact you failed to consider Doja's ability to chameleon her way into any genre she wants, a similar trait she shares with ex-fellow labelmate Miley Cyrus, who I think is the artist that most aligns with Doja's career trajectory atp. Scarlet's whelming numbers are circumstantial, mostly because of the hits her reputation took in the press during its peak mess. However, her ability to score a hit is quite literally unmatched at the moment, reminds me of Rihanna in her prime aka both singles artists. I see her lasting longer because she's clearly carved her own spot in the industry in a way but maybe i'm just biased :fan:

Oh she certainly has the potential to claw her way out of a potential career collapse because of her unique versatility (though it took Miley several years and album cycles in a way that I'm not sure Doja would want to do), but I look at the streams on Scarlet (every non-single under 30M, and most under 20M, while PTTR and AH are headed to 1B and 500M), and it just doesn't look like there's buy-in from people who aren't already Doja fans. Rihanna existed in an environment that was very forgiving to singles girls, and she had constant releases for almost an entire decade that built her longevity. Singles artists have shown a complete lack of chart longevity in a post covid world, the best example being Post Malone (who even had some buy-in to his non-singles and was pivoting genres), but who lost his natural mega-hitmaker status in the span of like a year, and Doja seems to me to be in a similar position to him ca. 2019 (lots of big and memorable hits, but no stable success without them). She's probably got the potential for at least one more hit-making era, but I don't know if it will carry her all the way through the end of the decade. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.