Azealia Banks drags Beyoncé

She-Rah

12 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

All the black woman who are no danger for Beyonce yeah that makes sense. 

and all of them are right? Especially Kelis?? Her vocals were used like how can a fanbase be that dense :deadbanana: 

10 hours ago, dinorhino said:

Kelis was justified although I do think she should have probably been aware that the sample came from Pharrell and she likely wouldn't have known the backstory behind Pharrell being predatory with song credits and royalties. But she was very right to say it is rude to use her vocals as a sample without asking her either way so again, still justified 

10 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I agree, but she also opened herself up to criticism when she said all that. Bey is generally harmless and Kelis clearly relished in going at her even though beyonce didn't anything to do with the problem. Kelis and her ilk don't like Bey because she's what she thought she would be.

Kelis vocals were NOT used in that song. It was Beyoncé interpolating the "lala" that actually sounds nothing like the Kelis lalas.

Lastly it's funny how people automatically side with Kelis accusing Pharrell of stealing from her when he had worked with EVERYONE in the industry for decades and has no other accusations. She wanted attention and she got it. She is not a victim. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• professor2000

• dinorhino

• PrudenceHCharmed

Beyonce supports genocide! Tea!

She's somewhat right here.

Wealth advantage is like 1000x more significant than any race advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

14 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

All the black woman who are no danger for Beyonce yeah that makes sense.

I'm confused as to why Beyoncé needs to "support" women who are a "danger for Beyoncé" because if that were the case, it would imply they don't really need her support. If they have the success, talent, and popularity that they could be a danger to the legendary position Beyoncé holds, then whether Beyoncé supports them or not, it shouldn't matter.

And yet even before Beyoncé established herself as a legend, she was collaborating with two of her most popular peers of the 1990s/2000s: Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige.

• Like 6

The part where Azealia claims Beyoncé smothered out other Black artists to get the country #1...meanwhile other than Beyoncé, there are 0 Black artists in the Top 10 and only two women (both of which are there for duets with men). I would venture to assume there are also very few, if any Black women in the entire 100...so who exactly did she smother out to get her Hot Country Songs #1 hit?

Why did she need to use her money to smother out other black country artists if they were not even remotely close to charting a Top Ten let alone a #1?

And furthermore, why disregard the fact that several female country artists who are Black have had reported big boosts in streams. So smothering others out? Or boosting their success? Azealia needs to either do research or stop acting like because she feels something it's true.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, superben said:

Almost every person charting in the billboard 100 is wealthy what does that have to do with anything? Do you think Beyoncé debuted a billionaire or a millionaire? It took her decades to reach her financial status with smart business deals. Every person signed to a major label has the same power she has to make good music to attract a loyal fan base. There's a reason why other wealthy individuals FLOPPED when they tried to make music (Paris Hilton, Kim k)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, superben said:

But I don't think Beyoncé thinks or has suggested otherwise. What Beyoncé was talking about was feeling unwelcome at the CMAs and making country music in general. Are you suggesting that Beyoncé can't have felt that way because she's rich, and if she felt that way it's not because she's a Black woman trying to make country music?

In 2016 Beyoncé's net worth was reported to be $265 million.

Today, the woman who won Best Female Vocalist at the 2016 CMAs (Carrie Underwood) is worth a reported $140 million. I can't even find a reference for the net worth of the woman who won Song of the Year at the 2016 CMAs (Lori McKenna).

Both are white. So do you think their whiteness was more to their advantage to be welcomed by the country music community or was it their net worth?

• Like 1

Yawn. I'll never understand why gheys still give this nobody attention. 

• Like 5

Another unhinged rant from Mz. Banks.

Obviously, everyone is allowed to make country music. You don't have to be hunting squirrels, distilling moonshine or whatever to release a twangy song.

The issue is the authenticity of the music we've seen so far from Cowboy Carter. From the whistling, the Hey-Ho stomp-clamp, to the lyrics about Lexuses (a rural staple :deadbanana:) and dive bars, Texas Hold 'Em sounds like what city folk imagine country life to be like. It gives Blake Shelton - The Boys 'Round Here. 

There are so many ways to deliver country music- hopefully the rest of the album sounds less canned/formulaic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fleahive said:

Kelis vocals were NOT used in that song. It was Beyoncé interpolating the "lala" that actually sounds nothing like the Kelis lalas.

Lastly it's funny how people automatically side with Kelis accusing Pharrell of stealing from her when he had worked with EVERYONE in the industry for decades and has no other accusations. She wanted attention and she got it. She is not a victim. 

Interpolation whichever, still a song she performed and she has every right to not like her material being used without her permission

You're also using bandwagon fallacy. That doesn't preclude Pharrell from ******* anyone over and there are articles about how him and Diddy have exploited black talent as well. The very fact that the sample was cleared solely through Pharrell and Chad and not involving Kelis proves her point so she is a victim lol. 

You need to not take it personal. The responsibility still falls on Pharrell and barely Beyoncé. The worst she did was her and/or her team not reaching out as a courtesy

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dinorhino said:

Interpolation whichever, still a song she performed and she has every right to not like her material being used without her permission

You're also using bandwagon fallacy. That doesn't preclude Pharrell from ******* anyone over and there are articles about how him and Diddy have exploited black talent as well. The very fact that the sample was cleared solely through Pharrell and Chad and not involving Kelis proves her point so she is a victim lol. 

You need to not take it personal. The responsibility still falls on Pharrell and barely Beyoncé. The worst she did was her and/or her team not reaching out as a courtesy

2 hours ago, Fleahive said:

Almost every person charting in the billboard 100 is wealthy what does that have to do with anything? Do you think Beyoncé debuted a billionaire or a millionaire? It took her decades to reach her financial status with smart business deals. Every person signed to a major label has the same power she has to make good music to attract a loyal fan base. There's a reason why other wealthy individuals FLOPPED when they tried to make music (Paris Hilton, Kim k)

She still wasn't poor and she wouldn't be where she was without her privileges. Not everyone can have their dad manage them as an artist at all let alone successfully and she didn't grow up poor either.

She is talented but let's not act like she is doing everything, arguably most of the things under her name by herself. One thing I don't understand about stans is how they act like the musician themselves is the one solely responsible for their brand when there's an entire team behind them that is doing a lot if not most of the work for them in regards to arranging business deals, booking music venues, and whatnot. Even music wise that also applies. She was not like Alicia Keys who solely wrote and produced her breakthrough single that made her successful lol.

Even in her long-ass career Beyonce still has not done anything that independent by herself; she has always had a team behind her. And that's privilege that comes with wealth, and the privileges of wealth aren't exclusively to the ultra wealthy either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, dinorhino said:

She still wasn't poor and she wouldn't be where she was without her privileges. Not everyone can have their dad manage them as an artist at all let alone successfully and she didn't grow up poor either.

I've always found this argument a bit silly because no major player in the industry gets to any position of power in the industry without the backing of some rich person somewhere.

Even people that got big off YouTube or talent competitions needed a label bigwig to help get them the right collaborators, right promo, right songs, etc., at some point.

Obviously there's a gradient to privilege/nepotism, and these things have a real impact, but there's probably a comparable talent for every major celebrity, who's just singing at church or peforming in local theater because they haven't gotten the right eyes on them.

Edited by Rotunda

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

I've always found this argument a bit silly because no major player in the industry gets to any position of power in the industry without the backing of some rich person somewhere.

Even people that got big off YouTube or talent competitions needed a label bigwig to help get them the right collaborators, right promo, right songs, etc., at some point.

Obviously there's a gradient to privilege/nepotism, and these things have a real impact, but there's probably a comparable talent for every major celebrity, who's just singing at church or peforming in local theater because they haven't gotten the right eyes on them.

I'm not trying to say she had absolutely no input, isn't hard working, and isn't some sort of puppet but stans act like she was dirt poor and picked herself up from the bootstraps and became a billionaire and that's simply not the case

Privilege does not negate her talent at all but privilege did dramatically affect her outcomes. 

Ya know, in 2020 I was on my whole "Beyonce is a powerful and rich celebrity, she doesn't need to be protected from critiques!" wave but now I really couldn't give less of a **** because it's so clear to me that she's the only one that this hyperbolic criticism happens to. The way people talk about her, you'd think she was deserving of backlash like actual criminals, bigots, or harmful people - RKelly, Chris Brown, etc. Aside from people like that, we know that all of our faves are "eViL" capitalists so why is she the only one that's pinpointed? She breathes and people are writing thinkpieces calling her everything but a child of God and it's usually over nothing. Do some of the pieces have validity? Maybe. But it really doesn't matter if it's not being applied to every artist and as of right now, I only see it happening to Bey so idgaf anymore :michael: 

I'll be honest and say I haven't read through Azealia's rant but I'll have to laugh my ******* ASS off if a NYer trying to tell a black southern woman what to do in any capacity when it comes to culture and music related to HER region. I didn't read it so maybe that's not what she's doing but if she is IJBOL - she can go all the way to hell. 

It's funny that ppl pick and choose when to praise Azealia. This woman has said transphobic, homophobic, racist, etc ass **** for years but whenever this mentally unwell human is spouting crazy **** about someone yall don't like, she's suddenly spilling and making points. LOL.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, LatinFreak said:

Yawn. I'll never understand why gheys still give this nobody attention. 

cause she's an actual artist

• Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, ohwow said:

cause she's an actual artist

A flop one. 

20 minutes ago, Shelter said:

A flop one. 

no1curr it's about the music

• Thumbs Down 1

Azealia Banks not only embarrasses black women, she embarrasses women in general.

And the people in here putting on their capes for her.

:rip:

And yet, even with that essay she remains irrelevant 

Edited by robbyds
  • Thanks 1

She spilt some tea tbh

We don't want any of this hillbilly music 

ed848bb13b8e1e58b62500ce2266aefb3bc8f8f8

Going country to please white Grammys voters and pretending it's black empowerment is crazy.

She needs to give us another "Green light" and cut down on this fake woke act.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

The fact that a lot of people here actually agree with her is so disappointing but not surprising for ATRL. :ace:

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:50 PM, PrudenceHCharmed said:

But she collaborated with Alicia Keys,Mary J Blige, Megan and Nicki before. And she performed with Tina Turner at the Grammys during her early days as well as showing love to Rihanna and Janet multiple times (it's Janet that's probably felt threatened by Bey)

Well you can't expect her collaborating with Janet or Rihanna when they couldn't match B vocally or performing wise :rip: B has no reason to be insecure when she's basically one of the best vocalist and dancer that we have now..

Did you just say Janet couldn't match Beyonce as a Performer? Are you ******* Straight up :isudumblmao:

The performance in the Rhythm nation video alone absolutely Obliterates any Beyonce performance of her career and then some.

Janet can handle Beyonce at her best, But Bey ain't touching Janet at her Best as a Performer, sure she can outsing her but thats were it ends.

Beyonce is a good dancer & amazing Performer she can move for sure, But she's not the best in the industry not even close when it comes to dancing 

She is however, is one of the very the best that can put on a grand show with high energy dancing whilst serving some seriously world-class vocals,but to say Janet ain't touching Beyonce as a performer is a insult and cringe.

Edited by DanceAgain
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Honestly at this point I don't know which one of them is more annoying :bam:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, DanceAgain said:

Did you just say Janet couldn't match Beyonce as a Performer? Are you ******* Straight up :isudumblmao:

The performance in the Rhythm nation video alone absolutely Obliterates any Beyonce performance of her career and then some.

Janet can handle Beyonce at her best, But Bey ain't touching Janet at her Best as a Performer, sure she can outsing her but thats were it ends.

Beyonce is a good dancer & amazing Performer she can move for sure, But she's not the best in the industry not even close when it comes to dancing 

She is however, is one of the very the best that can put on a grand show with high energy dancing whilst serving some seriously world-class vocals,but to say Janet ain't touching Beyonce as a performer is a insult and cringe.

Vocally* 

Beyoncé might not be the best dancer, but she could dance, she's like B+ dancer while Janet is A+. But vocally Beyoncé is A+, on par with the legends like Whitney and Mariah while Janet is maybe C+/D rated vocalist. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.