Azealia Banks drags Beyoncé

She-Rah

Doesn't she have cats to boil somewhere?

• Haha 4

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• professor2000

• dinorhino

• PrudenceHCharmed

For someone that has opinions on everything she should have her career out of the gutter by now since she knows everything. :celestial3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

For someone who has looks like this, who is really trying to cosplay as a white woman Azealia? 

spacer.png

and it's bold of her to say all this as someone who makes music that caters to white gays who frequent bathhouses unprotected. 

• Haha 4

all you can do is pray for her

:suburban:

Okay but y'all need to make a thread for her Candace Owens drags that came after these stories because those made me cackle :deadbanana4:

“You're from the 1980s Houston, Texas a major metropolis. Was it really giving horse & buggy sis?”

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

• Haha 9

There you go, the third black woman coming for B during this trilogy. 

Erykah, Kelis and Azelia. It's crazy how Beyoncé did so much to empower woman and black people. 

8 hours ago, BnPac said:

Beyoncé's thread or not, you said she doesn't uplift other black female artists, those were your exact words, so you should be able to provide examples of black female artists who have done more or better. 

All those loosy excuses, this one is new, this one is Nicki, this one is retired, before retirement she had 8 whole albums with various tours, all except one very pop, where a bunch of black artists are marginalized, enough time to do that. Janet and Mariah are also veterans and had years to also do that. Doja is entering places in pop were few black female rappers have ever gone, why is she not bringing the marginalized with her? If you can hold Beyoncé to those ridiculous standards, a woman that went even to Africa to uplift black women, underrepresented and completely unknown to the scene, then you can provide examples for the others. 

Beyoncé has done far more, she has done A LOT. And despite that you come here to say that she doesn't uplift black women just because in Renaissance there were no features of some obscure artists that YOU felt deserve a featuring is ridiculous and just plain wrong. Whether that fit with Beyoncé's musical vision or not. But it's not really surprising for someone who agrees with AB. 

The point was also not to call those women out, it was to tell you that collaborating is not something that is decided on those arbitrary criteria which sole responsibility is put on Beyoncé's shoulders. 

:clap3:

I mean Beyoncé constantly had black woman in her work, although not necessarily be a song. 

i.e. Zendaya, Chloe in Lemonade. Kelly & Lupita in Brown Skin Girls MV. Her dancers, background singers, are mostly women and black too. On the other hand, you don't really see Janet or Rihanna mentioning they're proud black woman. 

10 hours ago, Kingdom said:

So..beyonce needs to be dirt poor in nashville and picking horse poop off the farm to be able to make a country album, but keith urban who is from Australia and shania twain who is from canada can make country albums? but of those three names only one of them was born and raised in TEXAS

i really hope you see how less than smart you sound..lol

:ahh:

5 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

:clap3:

I mean Beyoncé constantly had black woman in her work, although not necessarily be a song. 

i.e. Zendaya, Chloe in Lemonade. Kelly & Lupita in Brown Skin Girls MV. Her dancers, background singers, are mostly women and black too. On the other hand, you don't really see Janet or Rihanna mentioning they're proud black woman. 

All the black woman who are no danger for Beyonce yeah that makes sense. 

17 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Erykah, Kelis and Azelia. It's crazy how Beyoncé did so much to empower woman and black people. 

and all of them are right? Especially Kelis?? Her vocals were used like how can a fanbase be that dense :deadbanana: 

6 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

and all of them are right? Especially Kelis?? Her vocals were used like how can a fanbase be that dense :deadbanana: 

the irony of calling people dense when you typed this out. 

there's plenty of posts in here discussing the numerous black female artists she's collaborated with who are all household names. and rehashing that old Kelis drama :deadbanana:her real issue was with Pharrell and her vocals were eventually removed from the song anyway

Azealia is delusional and the only reason you're agreeing with her is because you hate Bey. We all know when she comes for your fave you'll also be calling her delusional 

Did ya'll hear something?  

• Haha 2

okay-gif.gif

I ain't reading all of that. The Whiteyonce Donatella Bianca Bardot sentence is enough Azealia for me for the month.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Kelis was justified although I do think she should have probably been aware that the sample came from Pharrell and she likely wouldn't have known the backstory behind Pharrell being predatory with song credits and royalties. But she was very right to say it is rude to use her vocals as a sample without asking her either way so again, still justified 

12 hours ago, Kingdom said:

So..beyonce needs to be dirt poor in nashville and picking horse poop off the farm to be able to make a country album, but keith urban who is from Australia and shania twain who is from canada can make country albums? but of those three names only one of them was born and raised in TEXAS

i really hope you see how less than smart you sound..lol

teach them sis

4 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

Kelis was justified although I do think she should have probably been aware that the sample came from Pharrell and she likely wouldn't have known the backstory behind Pharrell being predatory with song credits and royalties. But she was very right to say it is rude to use her vocals as a sample without asking her either way so again, still justified 

I agree, but she also opened herself up to criticism when she said all that. Bey is generally harmless and Kelis clearly relished in going at her even though beyonce didn't anything to do with the problem. Kelis and her ilk don't like Bey because she's what she thought she would be.

5 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I agree, but she also opened herself up to criticism when she said all that. Bey is generally harmless and Kelis clearly relished in going at her even though beyonce didn't anything to do with the problem. Kelis and her ilk don't like Bey because she's what she thought she would be.

I truly don't think Kelis gives two fucks about the criticism she received especially since she's not even doing music anymore and she recently experienced her husband dying with two very young children to raise in addition to her son with Nas

I will say that she used this situation to vent about the wrongdoings that happened to her because of Pharrell and Beyonce got caught in the crossfire. I think she went too far saying Beyonce is a 'thief' knowing very well that she likely wasn't aware of Pharrell scheming and being predatory to many musicians he collaborates with. But she was right to say it was in very poor taste for Beyonce and/or her team to not reach out for permission of the sample.

I think even if everything was kosher was Pharrell it is still polite and the right thing to do to ask the singer behind the vocals you are using on your album. But the responsibility also extends to her team and not solely Beyoncé even though obviously she will get the backlash as she is the face behind the entire project 

took me out by "baobab trees"

:bibliahh:

13 hours ago, naval23 said:

not Rihanna catching a lick here :deadbanana2:

which chapter is that in? 

:bibliahh:she always brings the tea

11 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

But she collaborated with Alicia Keys,Mary J Blige, Megan and Nicki before. And she performed with Tina Turner at the Grammys during her early days as well as showing love to Rihanna and Janet multiple times (it's Janet that's probably felt threatened by Bey)

Well you can't expect her collaborating with Janet or Rihanna when they couldn't match B vocally or performing wise :rip: B has no reason to be insecure when she's basically one of the best vocalist and dancer that we have now..

wait she kinda spilled and I love bey 😭

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.