When will Dua get ha first number 1 hit in the US?

bjorn

7 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

She didn't really switch up her sound, come on. It's the same basic dance pop. The "solid hit" didn't even make top ten, people have clearly moved on. Sure, maybe she can score a surprise smash in the future if the stars align, even Sophie Ellis Bextor got a hit 20 years later but all signs are showing that her moment has passed, at least in the US. She still did fine for a british girl with no charisma.

Are “all signs” in the room with us right now?

Also, the Hot 100 isn’t the only chart in the world. Houdini went top 10 in most countries it charted, it hit top 5 at US pop radio, not to mention DTN also went #1 there and is still in rotation. 

maybe if The Weeknd puts her on a remix once one of his songs go very high up again

N1s are overrated , cardigan & willow went N1 and they are nothing  compared to New rules or one kiss for ex

• Haha 2

She's #1 in my heart. 

PS. Hot 100 is a joke.

Damn I thought Levitating was a no.1 but it's not.

It doesn't matter. That was the biggest song of the year. 

People forget DaBaby was big in the US when Levitating had its run 

4 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

N1s are overrated , cardigan & willow went N1 and they are nothing  compared to New rules or one kiss for ex

weeks on Spotify US

cardigan 76

new rules 57 

one kiss 25

idk, cardigan wasn't nothing in the US, which is what the topic is about.

I'm radically optimistic so yes!

:clack:

When the US stops stanning the worst music in the world I think

On 3/18/2024 at 11:34 AM, Jay07 said:

She didn't really switch up her sound, come on. It's the same basic dance pop. The "solid hit" didn't even make top ten, people have clearly moved on. Sure, maybe she can score a surprise smash in the future if the stars align, even Sophie Ellis Bextor got a hit 20 years later but all signs are showing that her moment has passed, at least in the US. She still did fine for a british girl with no charisma.

Preach 

:clap3:

"Levitating" counts because it was #1 on the Year-End Hot 100.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure but the fact that she doesn't have a truly-solid fanbase in the US yet after all these years is really alarming :doc: 

when she switches her political side which she would never

ot: not on this era in term of sound, random remix on someone's else song is the best bit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.