When will Dua get ha first number 1 hit in the US?

bjorn

She was close with Don’t Start Now which peaked at 2.

Houdini peaked just outside top 10 at 11 and Training Season 27.

Will she snatch ha first #1 this era is is this era season over? 

discuss sistrens :ryan3:

Idk tbh 

I feel like if levitating couldn’t do it it might not happen… cus Dua’s singles get a lot of label attention so it’s not like she isn’t trying. Maybe if she’s more consistent with releases? She’s doing fine overseas idk what happened between last era and this one

anytime or never. it can go both ways 

the real question is... when will she hit #1 on bb200? 

it's way easier than hot 100 and she doesn't have one yet and releasing on Taylor's 3rd or 4th week it doesn't look promising for her new album. Very unlikely.

being a MPG and "end" without a #1 on bb200 and hot 100 is wild, but especially bb200.  it needs to happen, she and her catalog of hits (including hits at the USA) deserve it. 

Edited by Selegend

she’s just not that type of girl

8 minutes ago, Selegend said:

anytime or never. it can go both ways 

the real question is... when will she hit #1 on bb200? 

it's way easier than hot 100 and she doesn't have one yet and releasing on Taylor's 3rd or 4th week it doesn't look promising for her new album. Very unlikely.

being a MPG and "end" without a #1 on bb200 and hot 100 is wild, but especially bb200.  it needs to happen, she and her catalog of hits (including hits at the USA) deserve it. 

She has 2 album out and she's an European act.

She was barely known when self-titled came out and Future Nostalgia was leaked before it came out and they released it at the start of pandemic.

The sound of Radical Optimism seems not US oriented so she probably won't get that #1 on BB200, but that's okay it's not her biggest market and she's not trying it to be.

Single-wise she was there, Levitating was #1 before BB decided to change the rules that week and it was closer than DSN to #1.

Anyway she's fine, she'd touring WW and that's what really matters these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ReachOut said:

She has 2 album out and she's an European act.

She was barely known when self-titled came out and Future Nostalgia was leaked before it came out and they released it at the start of pandemic.

The sound of Radical Optimism seems not US oriented so she probably won't get that #1 on BB200, but that's okay it's not her biggest market and she's not trying it to be.

Single-wise she was there, Levitating was #1 before BB decided to change the rules that week and it was closer than DSN to #1.

Anyway she's fine, she'd touring WW and that's what really matters these days.

i know the reasons, it's not an attack. 

i get that she wasn't that known before future nostalgia so it makes sense it's not #1 and this is her first album after it, but i'm just saying she deserve both #1s and it's frustrating that it's not likely happening anytime soon (especially bb200 that seems to be easier overall) that's all. 

i hope she pulls thru somehow. it can & should happen 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

I think she's following the same steps as Kylie Minogue tbh

She had the #1 song of the damn year. Thats is bigger than a #1 song of the week :deadbanana: 

LIKE DON’T YOU KNOW THAT ALREADY ? 

year > week :deadbanana: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Who cares? it took Ari 5 albums. The h100 is a joke

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 3

Her peak is gone so never :penguin:and she is getting older and we know what that means for popstars especially those without a strong fanbase like dua 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

18 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Who cares? it took Ari 5 albums. The h100 is a joke

This. Dua still is a successful artist both touring and hit singles.

• Like 1

It ain’t happening honey… maybe another collab with dababy will do it #thankyoudababy

never

she should've got with levitating but BB blocked her after her political statements

I don’t see it happening, which is okay

I hope this era 

But if not that’s fine Taylor 1st #1 was until Red era & Ariana 1st #1 was until Thank U Next 

That ship has sailed. She couldn't get it with Levitating and she's already fading in the US.

I predict this era will be swept under the rug relatively quickly, instead of being prolonged with a deluxe and she'll bring out some sort of droplet (that may turn into a lead single) that will SMASH. A Despechá after MOTOMAMI tea

• Like 1

Levitating is her first #1 but Billboard chose to intervene.

18 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

That ship has sailed. She couldn't get it with Levitating and she's already fading in the US.

This makes no sense. Anyone can get a #1 anytime with the right song. I don’t see the evidence that she’s “fading”, she just had a global hit a few months ago. She released two singles that switched up her sound, one was a solid hit and was has underperformed so far.

10 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

This makes no sense. Anyone can get a #1 anytime with the right song. I don’t see the evidence that she’s “fading”, she just had a global hit a few months ago. She released two singles that switched up her sound, one was a solid hit and was has underperformed so far.

She didn't really switch up her sound, come on. It's the same basic dance pop. The "solid hit" didn't even make top ten, people have clearly moved on. Sure, maybe she can score a surprise smash in the future if the stars align, even Sophie Ellis Bextor got a hit 20 years later but all signs are showing that her moment has passed, at least in the US. She still did fine for a british girl with no charisma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Idk tbh 

I feel like if levitating couldn’t do it it might not happen… cus Dua’s singles get a lot of label attention so it’s not like she isn’t trying. Maybe if she’s more consistent with releases? She’s doing fine overseas idk what happened between last era and this one

I think she waited too long. Future nostalgia started in 2019/2020 

It’s been 4 years :toofunny3:

She has had the biggest song of the year with Levitating lol.

Having a #1 is cool but that does not mean anything. Most of the #1 songs these days are completely unknown and frontloaded. 

wait how did One Kiss not go#1? :deadbanana4: Such a massive song.

Crazy that she has a Billboard year end #1 then next year same song as #2, which never went #1 on the chart :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.