J.Lo's musical movie is still Top 3 on Global Prime 1 month after release. Surprised?

Stankonia

14 minutes ago, PillowCase said:

Okay fine. I will play your dumb game. 

The #1 movie on that list, Rick Stanicky's stats:

IMDB: 6.2 audience score (significantly higher than J.Lo's movie), 19.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

Letterboxd: 2.7 audience score (higher than J.Lo's movie),  61.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

The movie was released on March 7. 

J. Lo's movie was released on February 16.

Which means that Ricky Stanicky outdid Jennifer on all metrics in just 10 days, even though Jennifer had much more time to reach numbers

The album also spent just 1 week charting, and it peaked at #38. No songs have made noise, so it's not wise of you to bring up spotify streams.

NOW. Do you want to continue to act stupid, or can you finally face facts? You can live in your bubble of subjective opinion but by any objective metric, the movie is not doing well. And there is nothing you can say that is not based on your internal feelings that proves the opposite. 

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

This might be the dumblest use of some random stats I've ever seen:rip:

Who the **** cares about imbd and letterbox user scores? Vf6RhF0.gif Do you really think those are indicative of what the GP actually consumes? :skull: It's like saying RYM and AOTY scores are reflective of album sales/popularity among the GP which couldn't be farther from the truth. Some of the most rated albums of all time on RYM and AOTY never charted on Billboard and aren't certified in any country while some of the biggest albums of all time have shockingly very few ratings. Those scores only reflect the interest of the sites' userbases. Nothing more.

This Is Me...Now: A Love Story is a HIT according to Amazon Prime itself and no amount of embarrassing conspiracy theories will change that fact I fear

Gaga-blows-kiss.gifGaga-blows-kiss.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

On 3/17/2024 at 7:59 AM, Red Velvet said:

Proves the chart means nothing because no one is streaming the album the movie is about :redface:

On 3/17/2024 at 8:25 AM, Janet said:

I thought these amazon charts were lowkey fraudulent too lol

There is no proof for that. :rip: 

On 3/17/2024 at 9:49 AM, PillowCase said:

That chart is fake and does not indicate true popularity. It is hard to gauge the reach of streaming only movies, but there are some way to gauge data: the amount of votes something received on IMDB and Letterboxd. It's not everything but it's something. 

On IMDB it has a rating of 4.6 out of 10 (poor audience reception) and 4.600 people rated it (few people watched it). 

On Letterboxd it has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 (very poor audience reception) and 19.000 people watched it (that counts as a low number). Even Camila's Cinderella reached 97.000 views. 

The OP should stop trying to make this movie seem like a success. By any objective metric, it is not and everybody knows that. Stop lying.

On 3/17/2024 at 2:29 PM, PillowCase said:

Okay fine. I will play your dumb game. 

The #1 movie on that list, Rick Stanicky's stats:

IMDB: 6.2 audience score (significantly higher than J.Lo's movie), 19.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

Letterboxd: 2.7 audience score (higher than J.Lo's movie),  61.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

The movie was released on March 7. 

J. Lo's movie was released on February 16.

Which means that Ricky Stanicky outdid Jennifer on all metrics in just 10 days, even though Jennifer had much more time to reach numbers

The album also spent just 1 week charting, and it peaked at #38. No songs have made noise, so it's not wise of you to bring up spotify streams.

NOW. Do you want to continue to act stupid, or can you finally face facts? You can live in your bubble of subjective opinion but by any objective metric, the movie is not doing well. And there is nothing you can say that is not based on your internal feelings that proves the opposite. 

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

This is illogical. User engagement is not a measure of viewership. For an example, American Horror Story constantly beat The Walking Dead when it becomes to user engagement on Twitter in the 2010s, but it never came to close to The Walking Dead's viewership and streams. There are tons of other examples of this. Cult TV shows back in the 90s/00s like Buffy the Vampire Slayer had high Internet user engagement thanks to dedicated fans, but they never beat the viewership of TV show juggernauts like ER, The West Wing or Friends. 

Also, it's not surprising that the movie did well on Prime and the album did not. Streaming a free movie that has a big banner on Prime is easy. That's why the Camila Mendes movie is doing even better than J.Lo's If you want to stream 13 songs on Spotify or Apple Music, you have to really go out of your way and no one is going to do that unless they're interested. I can't think of many Gen Z or younger millennials being interested in This is Me.. Then. 

Finally, there is no actual proof that Amazon makes up their Top 10 list. That makes no sense. Why would they lie and invest so much money that doesn't bring them a return? The conspiracy theories. :deadbanana2:

Amazon prime legend :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.