J.Lo's musical movie is still Top 3 on Global Prime 1 month after release. Surprised?

Stankonia

jR5hsu0.png

Looks like J.Lo's $50M gamble paid off after all. This Is Me...Now: A Love Story is a confirmed HIT!

It seems the GP is too busy consuming her new music through her musical movie to stream the album on Spotify

The fact that it's smashing proves that the J.Lo brand is still strong and the GP is still interested in her. Not every pop girl has that 4 decades into their career and I think we should give J.Legend her flowers for such an impressive longevity in the entertainment business (and for unexpectedly giving us one of her best albums and for still taking risks at this point in her career) instead of foolishly jumping on the ageist hate train, amiright?

who-is-there-jennifer-lopez.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's a flop. Just get over it and move on 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

Yeah there's (unfortunately) no demand for her as a singer but it's clear she's still a bankable actress

I'm glad the risk paid off for her and I hope she feels vindicated for it

• Like 4

The problem with her is, when an artist goes back to their real selves they always end up smashing. Like if Gaga makes another TFM bops or if Nicki would go back to redone they would immediately smash. 

when it comes to jlo no one wants her real self but they want her luxury and poppy. I’m so sure if there was a pitbull collab she would have another top 20 hit :deadbanana: 

• Like 3

It was really good. Tbh I haven't been interested in JLO in years, but still enjoyed the movie

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

She's a flop. Just get over it and move on 

She's not but even if she was it'd still be much better than being a proud zionist like you

This proves we need a Kim Petras remix if she wants to smash like on Amazon :clap3:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Looks like J.Lo's $50M gamble paid off after all. This Is Me...Now: A Love Story is a confirmed HIT!

It seems the GP is too busy consuming her new music through her musical movie to stream the album on Spotify

The fact that it's smashing proves that the J.Lo brand is still strong and the GP is still interested in her. 

I agree but she had to cancel multiple shows due to low ticket sales so the movie didn't get enough people interested enough to go see her live.

@Extremely Stable (which is a good sign)

Edited by airplane
  • Haha 1

Oh wow Camila is doing great with her movie :clap3:

Just now, diemoehre said:

I agree but she had to cancel multiple shows due to low ticket sales so the movie didn't get enough people interested enough to go see her live.

That's just a lie bored OJHs came up with :rip:

She cancelled 7 back to back shows at the end of the tour due to logistical issue (officially). It's rumored that the real reason that she can't announce yet is that she'll start filming a new movie around that time.

The cancelled shows were not the slowest selling ones, one of them was already 70% sold out, the rest around 50%.

The tour is already 60% sold out and she still has 5 months to sell the rest. I'm sure it'll do very well like her previous one and most shows will end up sold out or close.

“In general, tickets for live events have a very predictable sales curve:

20% Of Tickets sell within 2 weeks of the On-Sale.

30% Of Tickets sell between the on-sale period & 2 weeks before the event. (Maintenance Period) 

50% Of Tickets sell during the final 2 weeks (The Closeout)”

• Like 4

Proves the chart means nothing because no one is streaming the album the movie is about :redface:

• Like 1

I thought these amazon charts were lowkey fraudulent too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

She's not but even if she was it'd still be much better than being a proud zionist like you

You should have a better comeback than trying to resort to personal insults when it comes to your faves last album and tour flopping so hard, it makes an adult movie stars intimate parts look flaccid in comparison. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

You should have a better comeback than trying to resort to personal insults when it comes to your faves last album and tour flopping so hard, it makes an adult movie stars intimate parts look flaccid in comparison. 

A Lana stan coming for J.Lo's touring? :skull: You do know that her tour will outgross every Lana tour ever and it won't be close, right?

Not a zionist and an embarrassing, self unaware OJH. Pick a struggle :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Janet said:

Not the conspiracy theory. Somehow she always stays there and y'all can't stand it :gaylocat1:

• Like 1

But we need the audience to STREAM the album

I think people are hate watching it more than anything lol.. There’s so many videos on TikTok of people making fun of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

A Lana stan coming for J.Lo's touring? :skull: You do know that her tour will outgross every Lana tour ever and it won't be close, right?

Not a zionist and an embarrassing, self unaware OJH. Pick a struggle :deadbanana4:

I sure hope that J Lo can sell out a stadium this tour or Hyde Park in London. I also hope that she can become one of the best selling women this year. Good luck to her 

Edited by ontherocks
  • Thumbs Down 2

i like the movie, the cameos are so fun !

Fat Joe, Jane Fonda & Keke Palmer ATE

• Like 1

The movie was cute so 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Velvet said:

Proves the chart means nothing because no one is streaming the album the movie is about :redface:

1 hour ago, Janet said:

That chart is fake and does not indicate true popularity. It is hard to gauge the reach of streaming only movies, but there are some way to gauge data: the amount of votes something received on IMDB and Letterboxd. It's not everything but it's something. 

On IMDB it has a rating of 4.6 out of 10 (poor audience reception) and 4.600 people rated it (few people watched it). 

On Letterboxd it has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 (very poor audience reception) and 19.000 people watched it (that counts as a low number). Even Camila's Cinderella reached 97.000 views. 

The OP should stop trying to make this movie seem like a success. By any objective metric, it is not and everybody knows that. Stop lying.

Edited by PillowCase
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, PillowCase said:

That chart is fake and does not indicate true popularity. It is hard to gauge the reach of streaming only movies, but there are some way to gauge data: the amount of votes something received on IMDB and Letterboxd. It's not everything but it's something. 

On IMDB it has a rating of 4.6 out of 10 (poor audience reception) and 4.600 people rated it (few people watched it). 

On Letterboxd it has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 (very poor audience reception) and 19.000 people watched it (that counts as a low number). Even Camila's Cinderella reached 97.000 views. 

The OP should stop trying to make this movie seem like a success. By any objective metric, it is not and everybody knows that. Stop lying.

Not ******* imbd and letterbox user scores being more indicative of GP interest than the actual list of top movies on Prime (that is apparently fAkE because it doesn't reflect OJHs' narrative)

What's next? RYM scores being more indicative of success than Spotify streams? Vf6RhF0.gif

Rarely have I ever witnessed a group of people (OJHs) more desperate to accomplish something (diminish the success of a latina legend by all means, especially blatant lies and conspiracy theories) and failing so bad at it. Very weird behavior :biblio:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

Not ******* imbd and letterbox user scores being more indicative of GP interest than the actual list of top movies on Prime (that is apparently fAkE because it doesn't reflect OJHs' narrative)

What's next? RYM scores being more indicative of success than Spotify streams? 

Rarely have I ever witnessed a group of people (OJHs) more desperate to accomplish something (diminish the success of a latina legend by all means, especially blatant lies and conspiracy theories) and failing so bad at it. Very weird behavior :biblio:

Okay fine. I will play your dumb game. 

The #1 movie on that list, Rick Stanicky's stats:

IMDB: 6.2 audience score (significantly higher than J.Lo's movie), 19.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

Letterboxd: 2.7 audience score (higher than J.Lo's movie),  61.000 people rated it (more than 3 times the votes Jennifer received)

The movie was released on March 7. 

J. Lo's movie was released on February 16.

Which means that Ricky Stanicky outdid Jennifer on all metrics in just 10 days, even though Jennifer had much more time to reach numbers

The album also spent just 1 week charting, and it peaked at #38. No songs have made noise, so it's not wise of you to bring up spotify streams.

NOW. Do you want to continue to act stupid, or can you finally face facts? You can live in your bubble of subjective opinion but by any objective metric, the movie is not doing well. And there is nothing you can say that is not based on your internal feelings that proves the opposite. 

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.