Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

• ATRL Moderator

I think what makes Jill such a compelling Ghostface (to me, I know she’s quite polarizing here) is that her reveal was quite surprising (compared to some of the predecessors), her motive was interesting and arguably a tad ahead of its time, and the film managed to do something the franchise hadn’t done before, really demonstrate a psychotic killer almost get away with it. Scream 4 is not a perfect movie, but I think it gets too harshly judged a lot of the time. Now, both Mikey and Jack gave some truly great performances in 5cream (I credit their conviction in large part for making the third act redeemable) but I don’t find them as interesting or compelling character-wise. That being said, still really enjoy all the ones mentioned.

The only one I truly don’t care for in the franchise is probably Roman. I mean Timothy Olyphant’s reveal always felt half-baked compared to Mrs. Loomis’ in Scream 2 but even considering that I still find it more enjoyable than all the retconning in Scream 3. Still love all the films though!

Can’t believe we’re less than a week away! Social media embargo lifts tonight WHEW!! 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill's a good killer reveal but not a good killer. Sis has no iconic kills credited to herself. The tea is the most damage she did to anyone...was herself. Poor that.

Compared to the real icons like Debbie Salt who gutted Sid's creepy stalker Randy and ACAB legend Amber who finally rid us of Doofy, Jill just doesn't carry her weight. Queens Debbie and Amber took out legacy characters and annoying men meanwhile Jill...shot a man who was already tied up. 

And she comes from the worst movie of all 5. 

53rhg7qtdff91.gif

• ATRL Moderator

She’s just so iconic 

The motives in 3 and 5 were both stupid asf, there you can stop arguing :coffee2:

I love this!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Toxic fans wanting to give new source material for their favorite franchise is way less far fetched than a rich, famous Hollywood director derailing his entire movie and killing famous actors in a roundabout way to target a girl who's living her life in solitude. Ya'll really let nostalgia blind ya'll cause half the motives from the original trilogy are weak at best. Tbh only icon Debbie Salt had a good motive from the first 3. Even Billy's fine ass was dumb as **** targeting Sid as if its her fault her mama was a hoe. 

Between this and the hilarious Sidney wardrobe in Scream 4 reads, I'm digging your posts in here! :gaynetcat3:

Will the social media reactions be out soon? I can’t remember when the embargo will be lifted. 

Scream 4 looks like it was released 6 years earlier than it actually was. I'll never forgive them for that atrocious filter. How anyone can think that Rupaul's Drag Race looking movie can be top 2 in the franchise is beyond me.

I am so excited for this now after spending what feels like hours going through all the promo releases. It looks so different. I have to go alone to watch it on Wednesday (nobody wanted to sit in the cinema for 4 and a half hours with me) and I’m really looking forward to it. 

also apparently Hayden is on The View next week which is kind of strong of her. I just hope it’s not a contractual thing that paramount is holding her to because I don’t even think she would have buried her brother yet. 

18 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Scream 4 looks like it was released 6 years earlier than it actually was. I'll never forgive them for that atrocious filter. How anyone can think that Rupaul's Drag Race looking movie can be top 2 in the franchise is beyond me.

It’s honestly so good with so much talent pouring out of its seams that even with the ugly soap opera filter it is still by far the best sequel. 

38 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Will the social media reactions be out soon? I can’t remember when the embargo will be lifted. 

The social media embargo lifts tonight at like 9:30! :party:

40 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Word on the street tonight at 10PM it will be lifted

not me mentioning this to everyone I know....:gaycat3:

paramount better give me my coins for the free promo :clap3:

32 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

also apparently Hayden is on The View next week which is kind of strong of her. I just hope it’s not a contractual thing that paramount is holding her to because I don’t even think she would have buried her brother yet. 

gosh I wish her well, I'm pretty sure they are torn btw this is Hayden's big return to the GP in an acting role, and the "she still needs time to grieve her brother's passing away"

It’s kind of obvious Gale dies in this one. :chick3:

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

Social media embargo lifts tonight. Review embargo lifts March 8th.

Edited by Broken

10 minutes ago, Broken said:

Social media embargo lifts tonight. Review embargo lifts March 8th.

What's the difference? We won't have reviews/people's opinions tonight?

14 hours ago, R`0`K`R said:

Actress Mikey Madison, 23, is Jewish which  means Amber breaks barriers becoming the first Jewish Ghostface killer ever. Serving TABS and making Jill fans seethe. 

spacer.png

@Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian

Only the Jewish Bjork of acting

SBEBwgh.thumb.gif.d2123482f29d5316044a49

I just realized Devyn Nakoda is the very first Asian cast member in the franchise :eek:

I feel this is the most hyped and hip Scream movie of history. A-list cast, big production value, new setting, great marketing, soundtrack by huge pop artist. Smash incoming. Long live the franchise.

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

It’s kind of obvious Gale dies in this one. :chick3:

I'm going to be so pissed if she does. She's literally the only reason that I want to see it. 

I know they are trying to have a "new generation" but I'm not into any of the characters. 

29 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:

I feel this is the most hyped and hip Scream movie of history. A-list cast, big production value, new setting, great marketing, soundtrack by huge pop artist. Smash incoming. Long live the franchise.

This !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.