Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

14 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

Saw it a couple of hours ago. I was completely blown away. SO well done, wow. I can’t wait to rewatch later this weekend. 

So proud of this film and their work. I WILL say this non-spoilery comment: Scream 6 has the best chase scene of the entire franchise. That was I C O N I C. 

Absolute best chase scenes!!! The tension was insane, need even more of them in the next film. This is exactly what we’ve been missing from slashers in general 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, yeah would some stronger explanations have been appreciated regarding certain plot points? Sure. But at the end of the day, I was thoroughly entertained and was willing to meet the film halfway if that makes sense :ghostface:

My updated Ghostface after watching 6: 

MAJOR SPOILERS:

Billy

Stu

Jill

Ethan

Mickey

Mrs. Loomis

Quinn

Detective Bailey

Richie

Amber

Roman

Jason

Edited by Josh

11 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

Hide contents

What do you mean? The line was said by Detective Bailey, who killed Jason. And Richie's family, while supporting his love for movies, didn't really care about them. They just killed out of revenge.

Yeah apologies, I got that dialogue confused and thought it was during Laura's death scene. I thought Jason said it because of the conversation he was having with her about slashers right before he killed her and did the whole "now I see something red" bit. It all sort of blurred together due to how hyped I was about the film and the fact that there were multiple Ghostfaces ngl. Either way, that line basically made me realize it was following the same path of Scream 2 with the motive being good old fashioned revenge and instantly made me clue into Quinn and her dad due to the dead brother conversation.

FRIDAY MIDDAY: Scream, if you wanna go to the movies. The horror franchise is definitely seeing a record opening in U.S./Canada with Scream VI set to make $42M which outstrips the previous domestic debut high of Scream 3 ($34.7M). Paramount is going to have a great weekend with the No. 1 movie, a big splashy world premiere tonight at SXSW with EOne’s Dungeons & Dragons and Top Gun: Maverick up for six Oscars including Best Picture on Sunday. The Radio Silence directed, Spyglass Media movie is looking at a Friday of $18.7M. The pic is booked at 3,675 theaters.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/box-office-scream-vi-2-1235284781/

Performing as expected. Let’s see that CinemaScore. 

@Hurem

6 hours ago, ebaby said:

I wouldn't be able to see it because  I would be between both of them :katie2:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just know it’s XXL

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

:duca:

Does the $18.7M include $5.7M from Thursday previews? Cause it not, that’d be huge :jonnycat:

Yes, including previews. It could still grow with walk ups. We’ll see. 

My current film ranking:

1 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5 > 3

8 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Hope it can grow up to $19M :emofish:

This feels too good to be true. It’s 2023 and Scream’s sixth installment is smashing at the Box Office.

Let that sink in :ghostface:

Spoiler

I don’t understand why would we be expecting Gale and Kirby to have investigated Richie’s family beforehand? 

Gale wrote the book regarding 2022 Ghostface killings, but that doesn’t mean she would automatically inspect background of each character, especially when she already had enough material with all that has happened during 2022. 

It’s not like they all automatically start investigating after killers are done just in case someone else might be coming for them down the line. 

Then again, detective being Richie’s father doesn’t mean automatically anything. Especially him being in police and therefore able to cover up his tracks, like he did ( a la Mrs. Loomis who lost weight and changed her appearance ). 

Also, let’s not forget what Sam told detective Bailey during their first meeting in police station: “So, father of our roommate just pulled our case like that?” So, the movie was smart enough not to let plot holes to maximize in that sense. 

Kirby was seated in Atlanta as part of the FBI and 2022 murders weren’t spread between states, so her investigating Amber’s and Richie’s background wouldn’t be that helpful beforehand either. 

Edited by Lemon

36 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

the WOM have been really good for this movie

Mother is coming to secure another bag and lead her own trilogy 

Queen of Scream I fear

spacer.png

This was better than I’d thought it be, better than 5

three things:

one,

Spoiler

the lecture this time was even more painful than 5’s and they need to come up with a new niche for Mindy

two

Spoiler

Three ghostfaces (or rather 2 with an accomplice) was a nice twist even if the people donning the masks made no sense. The Kirby red herring immediately made it obvious that the cop was in on it. In fact I called the cop and daughter would be in on it upon introduction, although the daughter’s fakeout death threw me off (And I don’t understand how he could’ve pulled it off)

Three and most importantly, major flaw in the ending (and where I think they should take Scream 7) was:

Spoiler

…killing the entire family, or AT LEAST the cop, since the daughter forced Sam’s hand and the son was handled by Kirby. The whole reason this iteration of GF started in the first place (and what haunted Sidney post-OG) was the advice that “you make sure the person chasing you is dead” ie “shoot them in the head”. Yes it’s genre savvy advice and makes sense from a preservationist mindset, but Sam almost dies for following this golden rule in this movie and falls back on it again. Anika  dies because she made sure to execute Randy. I think it would be interesting to follow up on this in 7, especially now that it seems like Sam has an affinity for killing: have going this “genocide route” of executing everyone who could threaten you in the future backfire on her. Have her execute the Ghostface in 7 in Act I, only to anger a second Ghostface that kills one of her friends for good. Have Ghostface take advantage of it and have Sam herself stab her friend to death out of fear because Ghostface tied them up in the suit. We’ve played with all sorts of slasher tropes, but the “kill them to make sure” one has remained untouched, it’s time to subvert it, and the movie almost got there.

6 minutes ago, 8thPrince said:

three things:

one,

Reveal hidden contents

the lecture this time was even more painful than 5’s and they need to come up with a new niche for Mindy

two

Reveal hidden contents

Three ghostfaces (or rather 2 with an accomplice) was a nice twist even if the people donning the masks made no sense. The Kirby red herring immediately made it obvious that the cop was in on it. In fact I called the cop and daughter would be in on it upon introduction, although the daughter’s fakeout death threw me off (And I don’t understand how he could’ve pulled it off)

Three and most importantly, major flaw in the ending (and where I think they should take Scream 7) was:

Hide contents

…killing the entire family, or AT LEAST the cop, since the daughter forced Sam’s hand and the son was handled by Kirby. The whole reason this iteration of GF started in the first place (and what haunted Sidney post-OG) was the advice that “you make sure the person chasing you is dead” ie “shoot them in the head”. Yes it’s genre savvy advice and makes sense from a preservationist mindset, but Sam almost dies for following this golden rule in this movie and falls back on it again. Anika  dies because she made sure to execute Randy. I think it would be interesting to follow up on this in 7, especially now that it seems like Sam has an affinity for killing: have going this “genocide route” of executing everyone who could threaten you in the future backfire on her. Have her execute the Ghostface in 7 in Act I, only to anger a second Ghostface that kills one of her friends for good. Have Ghostface take advantage of it and have Sam herself stab her friend to death out of fear because Ghostface tied them up in the suit. We’ve played with all sorts of slasher tropes, but the “kill them to make sure” one has remained untouched, it’s time to subvert it, and the movie almost got there.

Wait…. The last thing you said actually could be absolutely shocking and impactful and I would truly live for it

37 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

the WOM have been really good for this movie

Yup. 94% with a 4.6/5 average for BOTH verified and all audiences on RT.  That’s amazing for horror and might just land the franchise it’s first A- CinemaScore. We’ll see. 

I watched it for a third time today and the 3D really sucked. There was not one scene where it was needed and some scenes were even kinda blurry. A cheap cash-grab. The movie itself was still as exciting as the first time tho. 

I watched this movie with ten people, over the period of three days, and not one single person didn't like it. The friend who came with me today didn't even see a single Scream movie before and was

really nervous during the ladder scene and the Gale scene.

A lot of people also seem to love Chad. 

And in regards to surviving many stab wounds and how realistic it is: Does someone know the case about the 12-year old girl, who was stabbed by her friends, because they were obsessed with Slender Man? They stabbed her 19 TIMES and she still survived.

Spoiler

Everyone gasped when they mentioned Sidney. I think they thought she was going to make a cameo. :skull:

13 minutes ago, 8thPrince said:

three things:

one,

Reveal hidden contents

two

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, I-

This made me realize that they could easily go with the original Scream 3 or 5 route if they wanted to.

They could make Jack Champion the Stu by making him survive the TV. And the killer vs killer route with Sam instead of Jill.

4 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I watched it for a third time today and the 3D really sucked. There was not one scene where it was needed and some scenes were even kinda blurry. A cheap cash-grab. The movie itself was still as exciting as the first time tho. 

I watched this movie with ten people, over the period of three days, and not one single person didn't like it. The friend who came with me today didn't even see a single Scream movie before and was

Hide contents

really nervous during the ladder scene and the Gale scene.

A lot of people also seem to love Chad. 

Hide contents

And in regards to surviving many stab wounds and how realistic it is: Does someone know the case about the 12-year old girl, who was stabbed by her friends, because they were obsessed with Slender Man? They stabbed her 19 TIMES and she still survived.

Spoiler

One my friend, also unfamiliar with other movies, highlighted subway scene alongside those two. Especially after hearing they have ten stops until the theater. It was like “This one is the creepiest scene so far, you don’t know who can be who there.” 

And yes, mutliple stab wounds can be survived, it’s simply individual and we are glad Chad Justified Core Four nickname.

HEAVY SPOILERS. 

Spoiler

if sidney was going to die i'm glad neve didn't come back. wes wish was that sidney would always survive. she's the ultimate final girl.

52 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Just rewatched Scream 2 and it's really trying to out-seat Scream 1 as my favorite 

Because S2 IS better than S1. People need to just admit that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.