Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

52 minutes ago, Broken said:

Kevin has only directed one movie in his entire life and it was a CRITICAL AND COMMERCIAL FAILURE.gif

Should we be worried? :dancehall:

But Scream is his core work and that other movie he has directed happened a long time ago, so I think he will manage for the sake of it and because he surely has improved I guess. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh they're here to reclaim :jonny: if she's the main (unlike her role in 5) as fair I'm concerned it's all working out as needed, despite how it went down.
Now I just need 3 more sequels with the remaining OGs to prove they never needed replacement by a younger cast just for the sake of it while the OGs are still alive and willing to act in them.

They can bring back Sam, Tara and co. in 8 with Sydney still being the main, but most of them should die ala Scream 4 Tara and Chad can survive.

I've no doubt that Kevin won't let down Wes, I just need him to stay away from indoor studio fake-outside scenes like fire and actually serve some nice visuals and aesthetics ala S1 and S2.

• Like 1

I still think they should go the New Nightmare route and have a killer go after the actors from all films in real life. Imagine Neve, Courtney, David, Rose McGowan, and Drew Barrymore all returning! 

• Thanks 1

Sidney isn’t interesting enough to carry a movie on her own. They’re going to need to cast a younger person as her daughter and have her be the star because neve herself isn’t enough to get butts in seats.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Sidney isn’t interesting enough to carry a movie on her own. They’re going to need to cast a younger person as her daughter and have her be the star because neve herself isn’t enough to get butts in seats.

This is so not true, the internet exploded when she was announced to be in part 5. And even then all the fans complained cause she had such little screen time. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Despite 6 doing well at the box office, do you not recall the huge internet backlash 6 received when she announced she wasn't going to be in it? People who love the franchise, who have been with it since jump, truly care for Sid. She will always be the star and people will tune in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bhabylon said:

And Melissa Barrera & Jenna Ortega were? 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Lemon said:

Kevin has only directed one movie in his entire life and it was a CRITICAL AND COMMERCIAL FAILURE.gif

Should we be worried? :dancehall:

I was thinking the same. They should have let him write the screenplay instead.

Kevin's involvement clearly must've played a huge part in Neve's decision too, I mean she makes a point of expressing how close they are and she probably feels like she owes him a lot more than the public (especially after seeing how most of the newer fans reacted to her statement about not returning / Scream IV). it is a job at the end of the day and everybody needs to work regardless of how we think her bank account looks like so it's weird to hate on people for that (and she already missed out on a paycheck). a movie would probably still get made regardless of current online reaction because of how successful the franchise has been so they probably figured they might as well try to do it on their terms when given the chance. Kevin has also been a successful showrunner of multiple series so I don't doubt his ability, hopefully he's getting a lot of more freedom and even snags a co-writing credit

hope they bring back Patrick Dempsey too! 

do we know if it’s the same plot as the previous version or a completely new script? 

Idk how I feel about this yet...

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Jenna Ortega is like one of the Hollywood It-Girls right now, so yes. But i disagree with the statement that Neve isn't interesting enough. She IS Scream.

I don't know how i feel about all of this yet. It's my favorite franchise, but when i read the news i didn't really feel excitement. This whole Melissa Barrera situation still bothers me. I kinda hope that they did reach an agreement and she will also return, but i doubt it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

hope they bring back Patrick Dempsey too! 

do we know if it’s the same plot as the previous version or a completely new script? 

It’s a combination 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

It’s a combination 

elaborate please :coffee:

On 3/13/2024 at 6:28 AM, Josh said:

Release
Date
Title Production
Budget
Opening
Weekend
Domestic
Box Office
Worldwide
Box Office
Dec 20, 1996 Scream $15,000,000 $6,354,586 $103,046,663 $173,046,640
Dec 12, 1997 Scream 2 $24,000,000 $32,926,342 $101,363,301 $172,363,301
Feb 4, 2000 Scream 3 $40,000,000 $34,713,342 $89,138,076 $161,838,076
Apr 15, 2011 Scream 4 $40,000,000 $18,692,090 $38,180,928 $95,989,590
Jan 14, 2022 Scream $24,000,000 $30,018,805 $81,641,405 $138,874,789
Mar 10, 2023 Scream VI $35,000,000 $44,447,270 $108,391,107 $169,063,850

Yes? :toofunny3:

7 hours ago, Innocencelost said:

elaborate please :coffee:

From what I understand, the new script credited the other screenwriter who wrote the original script. If he was credited, it’s because the new script took some things from the original script. 

• Thanks 1

This zionist studio won't be getting any more money from me.

Can't wait to illegally stream this movie! 

• Thanks 4

It would be cool if there’s a ghostface cult in this movie who is obsessed with taking down Sidney. I feel like that’s a good way to bring Sidney back for another scream movie. 

We will not be watching

Why did they let him direct it tho :gaycat7:

I get that this guy has been involved in Scream since the beginning but… he hasn’t directed anything since 1999 💀

We will be watching :bird:

flop-britney.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.